No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Number One Biggest DS Problem. By T-Roy!
 Author Number One Biggest DS Problem. By T-Roy!
TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-12-22 13:02   
Most people seem to point the finger at the lack of DS players on the glitches, errors, or the insanely unbalanced ships *cough* overpowered LS shields *cough.*

I believe it’s with the number of clicks it takes to do almost any task primarily on construction, and infantry.

Infantry would prolly be the easiest to fix. One click load inf(Load inf button appears when orbiting a friendly planet to avoid F3 view). One click switch all racs on that planet to heavy inf, etc.

As for construction I get a level of micromanagement is necessary to keep people engaged, but I’d love for building scripts to be built into the game. This would give people a one click build option after making their own building scripts. A personal playlist of sorts, but with buildings.
[ This Message was edited by: TroyMars on 2015-12-22 14:02 ]

Email TroyMars
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-12-23 00:39   
nah the biggest problem is that ships are now balanced, but boring. Same with weapons. Balanced but boring. And clunky feeling.

The game used to be wacky, arcadey, fast paced. Then everything got made slower, shorter ranged, more inaccurate, had its firing arcs reduced and generally made less satisfying to use.

Everything now just feels like it sucks against everything else that isn't the same class. Dreads suck against stations, cruisers, destroyers,frigates, and corvettes. Cruisers suck against stations, dreads, destroyers and frigates, and corvettes etc etc

The game honestly used to be more fun when all of ICC was in an assault dread and all of UGTO was in EADs and battle stations. Along with the luth being able to cloak forever and jump into the battle at the most inopportune time as a wildcard.

[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2015-12-23 00:44 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-12-23 13:58   
Quote:
On 2015-12-23 00:39, Chewy Squirrel wrote:
nah the biggest problem is that ships are now balanced, but boring. Same with weapons. Balanced but boring. And clunky feeling.

The game used to be wacky, arcadey, fast paced. Then everything got made slower, shorter ranged, more inaccurate, had its firing arcs reduced and generally made less satisfying to use.

Everything now just feels like it sucks against everything else that isn't the same class. Dreads suck against stations, cruisers, destroyers,frigates, and corvettes. Cruisers suck against stations, dreads, destroyers and frigates, and corvettes etc etc

The game honestly used to be more fun when all of ICC was in an assault dread and all of UGTO was in EADs and battle stations. Along with the luth being able to cloak forever and jump into the battle at the most inopportune time as a wildcard.

Thats damn right ! Btw wonder who`s still buying credits since theres nobody to play ?

Email *Flash*
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-12-23 17:06   
Quote:

[ This Message was edited by: BLADERUNNER2019 on 2015-12-23 17:07 ]

Well said Chewy Squirrel.

I am sure that alot of players log in often, and log out fast because there is noone else on....it used to be this game was addictive and players would play for many hours at a time.

The few players that do play are usually ICC players, which means playing against cloaked strike cruisers that are almost impossible to kill. The SC is a good example of how this game turned into immature gameplay. Can't really blame the players for using a ship in their garage, but this ridiculous ship turns good players into "8 yr olds" that have more fun avoiding combat and just annoying their enemies, zigzaging around invisble and still firing their weapons.

A rollback to an earlier version before 1.67 is needed.

Antoni
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-12-25 19:56   
Balanced? balanced my ass .. I don't see u playing icc how can u say its balanced.
BOOHOO icc cruisers you cant see me? funny I seem to be killed all the time..
Fly a light year in my ship and u all tell me its if balanced or hard to be found and killed.

Happy festvus
I've got a lot of problems with you people!

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-12-25 22:52   
Quote:
On 2015-12-25 19:56, Antoni wrote:
Balanced? balanced my ass .. I don't see u playing icc how can u say its balanced.
Fly a light year in my ship and u all tell me its if balanced or hard to be found and killed.

Happy festvus

I was laughing at the balanced being the issue.

Email TroyMars
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-12-26 15:28   
Quote:

Happy festvus

lmao ok, maybe not perfectly balanced, especially not ICC. There is definitely a reason I played ICC for 10+ years and now all of a sudden switched to luth. ICC definitely has underpowered weapons (and an overpowered line station) along with a reliance on ECM that doesn't help as much as the devs think it does (especially not after the visual detection buffs). And massive energy problems when using said ECM.

But the main reason I switched is that luth is the only race that feels fun anymore. Their weapons are straightforward, direct, high damaging, and very satisfying to use. You actually hit things on a regular basis and can actually see their armor and hull go down. It feels like you are actually destroying them, not just pew pewing them for a few percent points every volley.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-12-26 17:28   
Quote:

Happy festvus

Strike cruiser is ridiculous, icc or ugto cloaking is ridiculous...icc dreads are awesome...you icc players worry too much about pres loss...icc should be made an ai faction!

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-12-28 14:30   
Quote:

Oh yes, yes. The past was definitely better, with so many of you saying it so much it must be true, right?

Well, I remember the past. I remember all the complaints about how overpowered cloak was, about how overpowered the krill was, about how overpowered the AD was (see def mode), about how overpowered shrooms were, EADs, missile frigates, blah, blah, blah.

Despite what you guys always seem to say, the devs listened to most of the complaints they received. They nerfed all the things I mentioned before this, yet somehow every time they listened to us the playerbase seemed to get just a little smaller. Strange, isn't it?

Quote:
On 2015-12-26 17:28, BLADERUNNER2019 wrote:
Quote:

Happy festvus

Strike cruiser is ridiculous, icc or ugto cloaking is ridiculous...icc dreads are awesome...you icc players worry too much about pres loss...icc should be made an ai faction!

Right on. The ICC need to remember basic class addition. To kill a dread you need two cruisers, or four destroyers, or eight frigates. If all the ICC ever fly are cruisers, yet the luth and UGTO fly dreads, then the ICC are bound to lose. Sure, you won't die in those cruisers, but you won't kill anything either...

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2016-01-06 21:50   
Quote:
On 2015-12-22 13:02, TroyMars wrote:
As for construction I get a level of micromanagement is necessary to keep people engaged, but I’d love for building scripts to be built into the game. This would give people a one click build option after making their own building scripts. A personal playlist of sorts, but with buildings.
[ This Message was edited by: TroyMars on 2015-12-22 14:02 ]

Actually not a bad idea to be honest. It would be interested to see something like this considered.

Email Challenger
TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2016-01-06 22:29   
Quote:
On 2016-01-06 21:50, Challenger wrote:
Quote:
On 2015-12-22 13:02, TroyMars wrote:
As for construction...

Actually not a bad idea to be honest. It would be interested to see something like this considered.

Or even just a build queue of 32/40 max would be awesome.

[ This Message was edited by: TroyMars on 2016-01-06 22:32 ]

Email TroyMars
Page created in 0.017981 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR