No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » more people
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author more people
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2015-08-28 01:37   
Mommy never told them no?

EL1TE STAR DRAGON
1st Lieutenant

Posted: 2015-09-14 03:02   
I reckon adding in game credits or currency people earn would help keep people. Giving everything to the player without any targets to earn can make people get bored fast.

Stealth7
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-10-04 21:11   
I'll help with donations to advertisements, spare $200
a month untill this game makes money. i'm losing money but i realy miss this game.
although im sure we can get a decent amount of newbie flow with steam.

FearNick
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-10-05 20:31   
Quote:
On 2015-08-14 04:26, Rogue Spear wrote:
I would scrap the Metaverse and utilize the scenario server exclusively. In its hey day the scenario server offered quick action which gave newbies a place to start on equal ground with veteran players. At the start of the scenario you would be limited by resources as to which ships you could pick. It was the most populated time in DarkSpace's history. This in my opinion was Darkspace's biggest strength quick player v player action. The metaverse was there and I found that it's where all the experienced players would go, it was never newbie friendly.

I see the scenario server is back, which is a bonus. I hope its more populated during normal hours... (4 am US cent atm)

I just logged in after a nearly 9 year hiatus and I'm glad to see this game is still around, a testiment to the best community of any game I've ever been apart of.

HAHA been saying this since metaverse came out and ruined my precious scenario servers!

Email FearNick
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-10-06 17:35   
JUST LAUNCH THE GAME AND PLAY EVERYDAY!!!

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2015-10-07 09:54   
Quote:
On 2015-08-14 04:26, Rogue Spear wrote:
I would scrap the Metaverse and utilize the scenario server exclusively. In its hey day the scenario server offered quick action which gave newbies a place to start on equal ground with veteran players. At the start of the scenario you would be limited by resources as to which ships you could pick. It was the most populated time in DarkSpace's history. This in my opinion was Darkspace's biggest strength quick player v player action. The metaverse was there and I found that it's where all the experienced players would go, it was never newbie friendly.

I see the scenario server is back, which is a bonus. I hope its more populated during normal hours... (4 am US cent atm)

I just logged in after a nearly 9 year hiatus and I'm glad to see this game is still around, a testiment to the best community of any game I've ever been apart of.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-10-08 07:57   
I think you have it backwards- Currently DS main server is a hybrid of MV/scenario - if anything scrap scenario. I play everyday and I find the biggest hurdle is finding enemy players to fight, and when you do they are 300,000 + gu away...which makes it like all 3 factions are playing different games in different systems...by the time you get to that far away enemy (almost 10 mins in a dread)...that enemy is gone and probably logged off from boredom from building too much....there either needs to be a fourth system in the centre of the other 3 for combat, or just have ONLY ONE system that all 3 factions fight over everyday. There are always epic battles when the 3 factions are fighting over the same system...yesterday in SOL was a great example...I (kluth) capped mars and mercury, icc had earth and luna and a few other planets and ugto had the rest. we all battled like the ole days...it was action packed and alot of fun...and don't forget to launch the game and play everyday.

Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-10-09 06:06   
Just jumped on to check out the "Latest Topics" *been awhile*

Holy snap so many oldies checking in!
Great to see some old names still checking out DS

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2015-10-09 09:59   
Quote:
On 2015-10-08 07:57, BLADERUNNER2019 wrote:
if anything scrap scenario.

huh. and i recall you being the last one to ask for it to be turned on.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-10-09 22:14   
I'm really not sure why scenario was turned back on after the MV was turned into a slightly larger version of scenario

Stealth7
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-10-10 13:38   
This version seems good enough for soft release, Who do i need to bribe to work on getting this to steam or something like it.,

We are all gonna miss this game beyond imagination once it retires.
Sucks becouse this is still my favorite game, of all the other games ive played countless 12+ hours every day... around 21 years hard core gaming.

Please BRING BACK ARCADE MODE in scenario or what ever that game mode was called back in 03-04.

willing to pay for the labor if anyone could give me an estimate.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2015-10-12 23:20   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e31OSVZF77w

Sometimes great ideas don't turn out so great.
They look good on paper, but don't work out so great in practice...
... or even if they did work out great, they just aren't fun.

Looking back at the times when I was first on in 2001 - 2002, then back again in 2010. I found v1.5x to be the most entertaining. Unbalanced? Yeah. But the number of players on would suggest that it was fun. Dreadspace and all.

Maybe there's a way to bring back elements of 1.5 along with some of the mechanics of the current version.

Who knows?

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2015-10-13 20:35   
Still not sure why this failed to be accepted on steam with the recent influx of garbage I've seen getting slapped across the store page.

Just yesterday I saw some godawful 2d zombie shooter with a whole 3 enemies, terrible sprites, no freedom of movement or interesting levels, and an extremely clunky interface, and it was made with Game Maker, and cost $10/

?!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.019351 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR