No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » more people
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author more people
EvilxFish
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2015-08-06 20:03   
Ok folks lets be honest, the biggest source of issues in this game is not poor balancing or lack of impact of individuals (though those are concerns) it is simply the lack of people. Would it not be a good idea to try and get this game on steam? Or at least pay for some cheap adds on websites, if you need funding for adds I am more than happy to chip in and I am sure others are as well. With more players planets should change hands at a slower rate and interesting missions may evolve.

Also stations are OP just thought I would throw that in.

Regards
Fish

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2015-08-06 21:10   
https://www.google.com/#q=site:darkspace.net+steam

mousey
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-08-06 23:23   
Perhaps one should wonder y those new fellas' that came in quit fast & furious, imagine what the newbie gonna do inside the 3, almost one for each faction system, sometimes each having not much planets, & already build up. The newbies are almost instantly noted esp. with the opposite faction ai's flying around. Looking for fights unless with ai's almost spell certain deaths, unless they can do it at their backend systems, which is non existing atm. This game at it's present stage does not support newbies well.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-08-07 21:24   
This game is still fun to play, but has become to kid friendly...all of my DS friends are adults that stopped playing because of the mario kart feel of "cruiserspace" that this game has turned into...I started a new account just to see what a noob goes through, and yes it is very boring as a noob now...back when I joined in Dec 2010 I was killed in my gunboat destroyer by drerads over and over, but it was fun...noobs should learn to stay alive in a hostile enviroment and not have the game changed so all ships are balanced..."dreadspace" needs to come back for the adult players to come back...the prestige loss is too much in a dread, dreads are too slow, a dread jd refill time is way too long, a dread's weapons should shred a cruiser fast within 200 gu...back in the day, everyone wanted to earn a dread and worked hard to...now getting your first dread is no big deal because it will suck anyway....now all 3 factions are cruiser factions and I never liked playing ICC because of the zigzaging stay alive mentallity, it is boring...I reccommend deleting all your toy ships and replacing them with Dreads and LET'S HAVE SOME DS FUN!!! Join the "Dread Revolution".

EvilxFish
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2015-08-08 05:36   
Maybe some balancing needs to be done, however having 1 class of ship that simply beats all others is silly, it is important that someone with a smaller ship using skill can still best a bigger ship, imagine how dull it would be if you are a new player and cant even scratch other players because they have dreads and you dont. Also what would be the point in the different ship classes if dreads trump all?..

But anyway this is getting off topic, regardless of what balanaces are done it will not have much of an impact because this game is in the shadows, ie no one knows about it... I would recommend an advertising campaign to boost the player numbers. Like I said I am willing to chip into that.

EvilxFish
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2015-08-08 15:06   
how about google ads? or how about a recruitment link that gives you credits for every sign up?

Ignorance
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-08-10 19:07   
I think the popularity gained from simply being on steam would gain you so much more than steam would deduct from the earnings.

I mean, which is better 100% of $500 or 30% of $10,000?

mousey
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-08-12 14:14   
Now tat's a good idea from evil, a recruitment link that give some credits or
enhancements for new sign ups, or watever, push & shove, push & shove.

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2015-08-14 04:26   
I would scrap the Metaverse and utilize the scenario server exclusively. In its hey day the scenario server offered quick action which gave newbies a place to start on equal ground with veteran players. At the start of the scenario you would be limited by resources as to which ships you could pick. It was the most populated time in DarkSpace's history. This in my opinion was Darkspace's biggest strength quick player v player action. The metaverse was there and I found that it's where all the experienced players would go, it was never newbie friendly.

I see the scenario server is back, which is a bonus. I hope its more populated during normal hours... (4 am US cent atm)

I just logged in after a nearly 9 year hiatus and I'm glad to see this game is still around, a testiment to the best community of any game I've ever been apart of.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2015-08-14 09:08   
Quote:
On 2015-08-14 04:26, Rogue Spear wrote:
I just logged in after a nearly 9 year hiatus

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2015-08-14 14:02   
LOL

Veronw
Marshal

Posted: 2015-08-16 01:25   
Rogue you glorious bastard, you can't log in and not say hello to the rest of us D:

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2015-08-16 01:53   
Quote:
On 2015-08-14 14:02, Rogue Spear wrote:
LOL

I'd let that rogue spear me any day

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2015-08-16 11:52   

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2015-08-23 14:05   
Quote:
On 2015-08-16 11:52, Doran wrote:

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021797 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR