No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » just an idea
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author just an idea
hehas{No mercy for a week}
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-05-25 03:06   
Im aware of the rant ant complains regarding current game state so I will just cut to the chase.

So I had this crazy idea yesterday. What if we could get DS build back where dreads (eads,ad, krills) were the main combat ships in the battle field (1.700 or earlier not sure)? where dreads were countered by dreads and stations by stations. You dont see this happen anymore.

There may have been issues with balance and lag but atleast people loved the game and kept with it.

So why not trash every update past that? What would be the reason not to? It only made things worse and made people leave.

My points:

player base is at lowest ever (~20 max?)
way less fun
game is still unbalanced imo
my main point beeing DS cant get any worse player base wise so why not?

Im not complaining its just sad to see DS become a no mans lands in very near future.

I think DS has to overcome some drastic changes to survice or soon it will only be ai fighting over systems. No one want to see that happen.

Thats how I see things today. Please englighten me if im wrong.

My two cents.

Justin

[ This Message was edited by: hehas{No mercy for a week} on 2015-05-25 05:17 ]

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-05-25 05:09   
I totally agree...bring back "dreadspace"!! stop the nerfing and go the other way...give dreads more power, more speed and more agility, and make the JD recharge faster

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-05-25 13:24   
People rank to play with big ships not to stay in cruisers and below. Personally i rarely play with cruisers, if i dont have a dread to pull out i log end of story.

Email *Flash*
Fleet Admiral Shark
Fleet Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2015-05-25 20:23   
I would come back and play this game if I could kick ass in an EAD again. I miss those days.

Firestorm Kid
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-05-26 03:10   
Well the game design is not really balance in the 1st place.... weapon reloads of every faction, ships role cant easily use because some ships that suppose to be strong is a weakling...

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-05-26 07:49   
There are still deeper issues than just more dreads. I do agree tho that I didnt spend all that time to get to CM to be forced into a cruiser or dessie. It is a huge turn-off. Maybe if DS had as many players as ship types it would work BETTER, but its still hokey as hell to me.

What is essentially missing is purpose.
Why win a map? No rewards.
Why take that planet? Need the resources divided again to fix this. Planet type hasnt adequately replaced this purpose.
Why take a chance at dying, when it costs too much compared to gains (especially in a cruiser battle).

There is a fundamental flaw underlying the game as well; you are punished for playng, or inadequately rewarded for succeeding.

Look at what other games are offering. I mean successful games.
They offer people chances to win the game currency, for one. Being cheap skates in this area is an automatic negative - one that outweighs many positives. Sure, some (even many) will simply float by and try to earn the free in game currency, but others will spend real money. Those "cheap" players? They are called a PLAYER BASE. Every game needs them. The job of the design team is to get them to become spenders eventually. Successful games do this, and have a nice mix of both premium and "freemium" players.

Another thing that would help would be bonus days, and a steady rotation or series of events that give decent rewards. Again, up to the design team to figure this out and make it work.

And ffs drop the res lost for death already. This more than anything will keep action from happening. I have seen this in so many games over the years. They have us outnumbered, but we are having fun. The KDR may take a hit, but oh well, that is just a number. Respawn and get back in there!
Not on DS. I spend 30 mins not getting a kill, just some armor damage, because fighting cruisers under ecm at distance is zzzzzzzzzzz and pays squat. Bored. Getting a bomber. Die in bomber, lose more than I earned for last hour. Hmmmm. How about screw this, screw you, screw DS, hit that lil red x in the corner.

See a difference?

I know the devs have thin skin. ALL devs have thin skin, DS isnt unique in this area. Many game companies have devs that refuse to deal with players in any way, and have dedicated other staffers to answer the emails and complaints. However, thin skin or not, facts are facts. The game? its not dying, because that would imply there is still life left in it. AI is not a life form.

I see all these "bring back dreads" comments, and i'm like, "wow, ya'll really think THAT'S the key to the dwindling numbers?"

Time for a real, new direction. Doing some things DS hasnt done before. Otherwise.....well I see time running out, and costs are at 29% met.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
hehas{No mercy for a week}
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-05-26 08:11   
nice post Azreal.

I left all the things I dont personaly like about the current game version on purpose. So I will leave this out this time also becouse OP was not about it.

The balance was always off but earlier it was more fun to play rather then now. That was my point.

That was obviously caused by some game development decisions and im not sure devs want to invest time into doing something about it. Took them a month to fix gate bug.

I agree it needs some big changes so lets hope we will see it happen.

J

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-05-26 16:38   
Ds was changed to "cruiserspace" on purpose...and was a backwards step. The squeaky wheel got ALL the oil and the other wheels fell off because of it. There are a lot of issues in gameplay, but the biggest one we face is that dreads are impotent...ICC players dictate which ships that UGTO and Kluth players use and ICC players prefer cruisers and LS. This forces us into a cruiser or chasing a mathematically invincible cruiser in a dread, only to sit and wait for our dread JD to recharge or die while we are waiting for our dread JD to recharge.

Cruisers and lower are too safe to fly! They can actually mock dread players by getting so close to a dread to drop inf, with zero chance of death! Especially ICC cruisers and lower....If a cruiser gets within 200 gu of a siphon, it should be dead, period...but a siphon needs 3 aplhas just to kill an ai tranny.

Let's face it, Dreads need their power back...and players will comeback...Nerfing all the coolships was not a solution for game balance, the tail should never wag the dog...but with this game geared to cruisers, the tail is wagging the dog. Why should there be balance with a cruiser vs a dread anyway??

There should NOT be balance in different ship classes, only in same ship classes....Doesn't anyone else see this?

A CM should be restricted from using most cruisers, dessys, and frigates...it is ridiculous for a CM to be in combat with a weak toy ship that can't posibbly help their faction mates in combat.

Also in "cruiserspace", ECM is outta control....invisible and unkillable ships shooting you from 1000 gu away is just stupid...ICC small ship ECM is better than kluth cloak.

Bring back "dreadspace"!!

[ This Message was edited by: BLADERUNNER2019 on 2015-05-26 16:49 ]

muzzle333
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-05-27 05:45   
I concur Bring back dreads

Email muzzle333
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-05-27 07:16   
We had a dwindlng player base in dreadspace too. Such short memories....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2015-05-27 13:04   
I agree with most of the above , planets need a purpose , heavily defended , well built planets with resources you need in order to build or rebuild a destroyed ship gives it a purpose , makes it a challenge and thus fun , best time in DS was looking for that planet that had Dark Matter etc.

I kind of agree regarding the Dreadspace issue but my thoughts are, if you are CM you have earnt the right to fly whatever you have the badges for , I for one will always fly the ship that suits either the purpose of having fun , or killing the opponent , regardless of whether it is a cruiser , stat etc , for me the best fun is to be had fleet vs fleet , as in all ship sizes being used by all sides.

I cant help but still enjoy Darkspace even as it is now , and will carry on doing so.

thanks all

[ This Message was edited by: Code Red on 2015-05-27 14:02 ]

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-05-27 15:27   
Quote:
On 2015-05-27 13:04, Code Red wrote:
I agree with most of the above , planets need a purpose , heavily defended , well built planets with resources you need in order to build or rebuild a destroyed ship gives it a purpose , makes it a challenge and thus fun , best time in DS was looking for that planet that had Dark Matter etc.

I kind of agree regarding the Dreadspace issue but my thoughts are, if you are CM you have earnt the right to fly whatever you have the badges for , I for one will always fly the ship that suits either the purpose of having fun , or killing the opponent , regardless of whether it is a cruiser , stat etc , for me the best fun is to be had fleet vs fleet , as in all ship sizes being used by all sides.

I cant help but still enjoy Darkspace even as it is now , and will carry on doing so.

thanks all

[ This Message was edited by: BLADERUNNER2019 on 2015-05-27 15:29 ]

Planet defences work fine against KLuth, but have little to no effect on ICC or UGTO...that's why most Kluth players don't waste time building planet defence...if planet defence was strengthened then Kluth wouldn't be able to cap planets unless Kluth ships armour was upgraded.

When it comes to using the correct ship for the correct situation: First of all, ICC are the faction that gets to dictate that the rest of us use small ships...it should be the other way around...Dreads are mainly used by Kluth and UGTO players for combat...but because cruisers are so hard to kill, and boring to chase, Kluth and UGTO players are forced into cruisers and lower.....Dread presence should mean that the players in a cruiser should be getting into dreads.

A CM should NOT have the right to fly useless noob ships (never a reason for a CM to be in a bomber frigate)...think about new players just joining, don't new players have the right to have vetrans, especially CMs put their best ships forward to help them?...and when a new player works hard to earn a dread,. only to find that they cannot kill anything in it, dissappointment sets in and they lose interest in the game...Every DS player remembers the excitement that comes when you earn your first dread...that excitment is now dissappointment.

Dreads drop uber enhancements too, which means ICC players get to kill a dread in their almost invincible cruisers and get great drops, on the flip side...killing a cruiser doesn't reward at equal value.

I know it hurts alot when you die in a dread (prestige loss and enh loss) and that is one of the problems in the game and why some vetran players prefer safety bubblewrap cruisers....BUT once you have 400,000 prestige, why worry so much about prestige loss.......worry about loss of fun first.

This game caters to only a few players in the game, and I won't mention names because we all know who they are and they can be counted on one hand...DS should cater to the many, NOT the few...unfortunately most of the many are gone now...but they will comeback to "Dreadspace"...it is time to reverse the dread nerfing and switch to upgrading dreads.....Let those players that zigzag around in cruisers get bored and die alot, and get them into dreads...after all this is not Mario Kart.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2015-05-27 18:25   
Being a CM doesn't mean a thing aside from someone played long enough to grind out the prestige requirement for it. Dreadspace was a bad joke, it mostly resulted in ragequitting amongst new players and people bitching and whining about every little tactic or strategy people discovered that let them effectively counter Dreadnought and Station spam. But I suppose some people forget about that because all new players were to them were easy targets to be farmed until they quit.

Besides, some people simply don't enjoy using Dreadnoughts and Stations even though they have the rank for it and enjoy using smaller ships instead. Who is anyone to tell them what ships they can and can't use, or how they should and shouldn't play the game? It's laughable.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-05-27 20:21   
@Talien , you should compare when the game had more players, when dreadspace was around or now and btw dont comment about some things if you dont play the game anymore. All those from above are playing the game every day so i believe them havind more experience then you and knowing whats going on in the game !

Email *Flash*
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2015-05-27 21:36   
Except I wasn't talking about the game itself at all, I was talking about certain people thinking their idea of fun is somehow more important than other people's idea of fun just because they're CM.

"I want to play in Dreadnoughts so everyone else should be forced to as well, my ship is too slow to catch anything smaller and I don't like that they can take advantage of that."

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025641 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR