No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » No-one likes Dicos
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author No-one likes Dicos
Neo_Swift
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2015-03-15 16:27   
Quote:
On 2015-03-14 10:11, DiepLuc wrote:
Quote:
On 2015-03-13 16:05, Pantheon wrote:
the fact that DarkSpace is a 12 year old game, has virtually no advertisement budget

Why has Fautus not accepted advertisement on Darkspace like google ads words, pops up etc...
Don't we have enough regular visitors to meet the requirement to have ads on the site?

Darkspace has lasted so long BECAUSE it has no advertising budget. I remember on many occasions that players were here because they had seen it advertised and treated it as just another flame site, with no real commitment to the community.

Neo_Swift
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2015-03-15 16:30   
You'll find that many games "Survive" because of this. I put survive in inverted commas because I believe that Darkspace has survived in the more true sense as a fair online community. There is another company that springs to mind that is advertised mainly by word of mouth like this one, and that is Games Workshop. They are one of the biggest table top game companies in the world and they have next to no advertising.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2015-03-15 20:46   
Any time I run up on a game and talk about how good it could be I refer to the earlier Darkspace years. A couple things could have been fixed or done slightly better when I first started playing, but I generally had no complaints about the game. The planets were tough, the ship classes reflected their strength, and I had no problem understanding why a dreadnought could blow out a couple cruisers solo.

The problem I had that seemed to be a trend had to be with the patching. It seemed every patch released Darkspace became an entirely different game. Things that shouldn't have been touched were changed, a good example being the resource system and modding. Features that shouldn't have been implemented: Core Weapons, Upgrading, Etc. Even so a good work around could revive the game easy. Darkspace was addicting even though the game is pretty much dead. I always come back to check for new updates see what the forums are cooking up. I'm working on developing my own titles even used my benefits to go to school for programming it. Overall I judge new titles I come across on what it was like when I first joined Darkspace a decade ago.

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2015-03-15 23:15   
You pretty much nailed it there Guyton.

Yeah yeah I'm about to flog the 1.480 horse as most other bittervets do.

.480 stagnated. The game was still great though. There needed to be more, instead we got far too much different.

Plenty of us eventually reached a stage of playing both DarkSpace and Eve, which was great for the strategic space experience. DS on the other hand, while I can't speak for the others, was a highly satisfying space combat action game, something it was damned good at and should have built on, not turned away from.

That said though, seriously, sequel?

On Topic, how was it dictors never ended up.. not balanced but situational?

Field goes up, everything but life support shuts down. Stationary interdiction field that nothing could escape but couldn't move. Blame it on the power draw of technology that could theoretically nullify an infinite number of jump drives simultaneously.
[ This Message was edited by: Banshee on 2015-03-15 23:18 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2015-03-16 01:46   
Quote:
On 2015-03-15 23:15, Banshee wrote:
You pretty much nailed it there Guyton.

Yeah yeah I'm about to flog the 1.480 horse as most other bittervets do.

.480 stagnated. The game was still great though. There needed to be more, instead we got far too much different.

Plenty of us eventually reached a stage of playing both DarkSpace and Eve, which was great for the strategic space experience. DS on the other hand, while I can't speak for the others, was a highly satisfying space combat action game, something it was damned good at and should have built on, not turned away from.

That said though, seriously, sequel?

On Topic, how was it dictors never ended up.. not balanced but situational?

Field goes up, everything but life support shuts down. Stationary interdiction field that nothing could escape but couldn't move. Blame it on the power draw of technology that could theoretically nullify an infinite number of jump drives simultaneously.

Dictors are planetary only now. The ship-based ones just slow JD recharge for all ships affected.

And sadly, still feeling the effects of the 1.483 codebase, of which we have no prior snapshot.

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2015-03-16 09:18   
Quote:
On 2015-03-16 01:46, Pantheon wrote:

Dictors are planetary only now. The ship-based ones just slow JD recharge for all ships affected.

And sadly, still feeling the effects of the 1.483 codebase, of which we have no prior snapshot.

That is a real shame. I'd love to believe in a long shot like Gideon having a backup of it before all the changes buried on a HDD in a drawer somewhere, fat chance of that though

TroyMars
Chief Marshal
T-Roy! and Friends

Posted: 2015-03-16 13:03   
Quote:
On 2015-03-14 10:11, DiepLuc wrote:
Quote:
On 2015-03-13 16:05, Pantheon wrote:
the fact that DarkSpace is a 12 year old game, has virtually no advertisement budget

Why has Fautus not accepted advertisement on Darkspace like google ads words, pops up etc...
Don't we have enough regular visitors to meet the requirement to have ads on the site?

I wouldn't mind ad's to help that "Time's running out." thing that always appears half way through the month.

Email TroyMars
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.012632 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR