No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » The Loss of Innossence
 Author The Loss of Innossence
Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-02-22 21:54   
Author's Introduction

The year is 2285 CE. The United Galactic Trade Organisation and the Inter Cultural Confederation are in the 25th year of their long Cold War, which began right after the end of the Third Stellar war. Each nation is still trying to further their ends, either by subterfuge, espionage or fomenting dissent among the outer worlds of each state. Not even the appearance of a common enemy ended this stalemate. With both the ICC and the UGTO trying to unite humanity under their own individual ideologies, the future of humanity is dark.

The following are records, journal entries, official communications and actual recording transcripts of people from both sides from the time the cold war heated up to the dark realization of a defeated ideology. They represent the sentiments of the general population, the military leaders as well as the common soldiers, and politicians during the Fourth Stellar War, time we call “The loss of innocence”.

[ This Message was edited by: Adm. Mikawa (UWS Mertvaya Ruka) on 2015-02-22 22:12 ]
Xenophon Excelsior, By the grace of God, Sultan of Snark, brother of the Sun and Moon, grandson and vicegerent of God, sovereign of all kingdoms: of Sol, Kaus Borealis, and Tetra, of Dres Kona and Delta Pavonis: king of kings, ruler of all that exists;

Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-02-22 22:08   
Chapter 1. the Cold war Heats up.

Journal Entry July 22, 2285 CE
Lt. Cmdr. Xenophon Artinokopollos DDG-434
Commanding Officer, UWS Adrianopolis
Laurentia class Guided Missile Destroyer
224th Destroyer Division, 23rd Destroyer Squadron,
3rd Guided Missile Flotilla, UGTO Home Fleet

I have never been so ecstatic in my whole life! Finally, my very own boat! After years of hard work, command has seen it fit to give me command of my very own destroyer. To others she may not be much, 15 years old already, but for me, she is special. When I received the order to transfer and take command, I could not believe it. My former CO told me that the Adrianapolis is a rustbucket, a relic of the last war, and that he wished I was given something newer. I don’t mind. I have my own ship; my own command. I will turn the Adrianopolis into the best ship in the division, and hopefully, the squadron. I owe it at least to Commander Zhou. If it wasn’t for him, I would not be the officer I am today

I am to attend the turnover ceremony tomorrow, with the squadron and division commanders present, although that event in itself is a challenge in itself. It’s not always easy having both your younger siblings as superior officers. I was always considered by the Admiral as lackluster, lacking in both character and ability. He always liked the twins. They were his pride and joy, and he was not shy in showing to the world who was his favorites. Some father he was. Now they outrank me. The only consolation I can have is that none of them has had any shipboard experience. They may be higher ranking than me, but they cannot claim to be superior to me. I have, at least, earned that distinction.

This time, I will show them what a real officer is like. I will not be like those nepotistic bureaucrats who bought their commission because they look neat in navy uniforms during dinner parties. I will not be like that. It is these incompetent, arrogant sons of rich people who bring disgrace to the navy and lower the morale of the men. But what is the use of ranting against the powers that be. Tomorrow will be a good day, and at this time, that is the only thing that matters.

[ This Message was edited by: Adm. Mikawa (UWS Mertvaya Ruka) on 2015-02-22 22:13 ]
Xenophon Excelsior, By the grace of God, Sultan of Snark, brother of the Sun and Moon, grandson and vicegerent of God, sovereign of all kingdoms: of Sol, Kaus Borealis, and Tetra, of Dres Kona and Delta Pavonis: king of kings, ruler of all that exists;

Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-02-22 22:10   
Personal Message
Encryption package DASSE142231-P
Encryption package confirmed
Date: July 22, 2285 CE
To: Flt. Adm. Sergei Sergeivich Feklikov
Commander, UGTO Expeditionary Forces Delta Pavonis
UWS Moriwaki Setsuya, BB-133
Bastion Class Fast Attack Dreadnaught

Fr: Marshal Jose Andres Sta. Ana
Commander, UGTO Forces 2nd Quadrant
Naval Station Salisbury
Mycopia

Re: Operation Reindeer

The Minister of Defense has reviewed your plan for Operation Reindeer. Although he agrees with the objectives and the long term benefits of the plan, he is expressing reservations with regards to the methods to be utilized. You may be wrong about the minister. He may not be as committed to the cause as you had hoped.

I will arrange for you to be temporarily recalled to headquarters so you can brief the minister yourself about the benefits of the plan as well as its necessity. If you fail in doing so, inform the rest of the committee. Reinhardt might be necessary to make Operation Reindeer a reality. Just remember that this is for our ultimate goal.

For the unification of the human race.

Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-06-02 22:12   
Personal Message
Encryption Package DGSSE1912-0
Date: July 22, 2285 CE
To: Adm. Oskar von Reuenthal
Deputy Commander, UGTO Home Fleet
Naval Base Triton, Saturn, Sol

Naval Station Salisbury
Mycopia

Subject: Reinhardt.

Minister of Defense has doubts over efficacy and feasibility of Operation Reindeer. If Feklikov fails in convincing the Minister, we may have to use Reinhardt. Make necessary preparations for implementation of Reinhardt, discreetly. The fate of humanity is at stake.

[ This Message was edited by: Oskar von Reuenthal on 2015-06-02 22:12 ]

Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-06-02 22:27   
Newsflash
Explosion in UGTO Warship
Report by: Trisha Takanawa
Agence France Presse
23 July 2285 CE

An explosion rocked the UGTO Destroyer UWS Halliburton Maximillian (DDG 1440) at 1100 hrs Sol standard time. The Halliburton Maximillian is currently stationed in Naval Base Triton, where the explosion took place. There are still few details coming out, but our sources inside the Navy that there are several casualties, including a high ranking officer. The office of the base commander is still mum and have not yet commented on this incident.

The Haliburton Maximillian, a Dogerbank class Guided Missile Destroyer, is the newest destroyer in the fleet and is being welcomed by the base as its newest ship in the 23rd Destroyer Squadron.

[ This Message was edited by: Oskar von Reuenthal on 2015-06-02 23:41 ]

Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-06-03 00:07   
Newsflash Update
Explosion in UGTO Warship
Report by: Trisha Takanawa
Agence France Presse
23 July 2285

The UGTO Naval Headquarters has just issued a statement confirming that an explosion has indeed taken place aboard the UWS Halliburton Maximillian earlier today. The statement also confirmed that there are 100 casualties on board, including the Commander of the UGTO Home Fleet, Flt. Adm. George Fulton Scott. The press statement also claimed that the explosion was a result of a terrorist attack. A group called the Sons of Sol have apparently claimed responsibility, stating that the bombing was revenge for the treason of Adm. Scott for betraying the navy and surrendering to the ICC.

Fleet Admiral Scott is well known for being a member of the UGTO Peace Delegation during the end of the Third Stellar War. Grand Chancellor Cooper’s office has also issued a statement, condemning the attack and ordering the navy bring the terrorists to justice.

With Al Mendez and Joe Harris, in Triton.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Press Release
Office of the High Councilor
Interstellar Cultural Confederation
23 July 2285

This press release is for general broadcast.

The tragedy that has occurred on Triton is a great blow towards peace and prosperity in the galaxy. The loss of Fleet Admiral Scott and several others is a very heinous crime, and must be punished with the utmost severity. Admiral Scott was a man of peace, and his loss makes the galaxy a bit less bright.

We are in solidarity with our brethren in the Trade Organization and condemn this heinous event. This crime should not go unpunished, the terrorists should be brought to face justice. We will cooperate with the UGTO Government in resolving this issue.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2015-06-03 06:01   

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2015-06-06 05:31   
I like reading what you write oskar...keep it up.

Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-07-19 21:24   
Journal Entry July 23, 2285 CE
Lt. Cmdr. Xenophon Artinokopollos DDG-434
Commanding Officer, UWS Adrianopolis
Laurentia class Guided Missile Destroyer
224th Destroyer Division, 23rd Destroyer Squadron,
3rd Guided Missile Flotilla, UGTO Home Fleet

An explosion rocked the base. And right at the middle of the change of command. I immediately ordered all hands to stations, secure from station power and to get underway. If we are under attack I will not lose this ship without giving it a chance to fight. I ordered communications to contact division command and try to get any and all information relevant to our current situation. I have to know what is going on.

Division informed us that an explosion had occurred aboard the Halliburton Maximilian. All ships are ordered to return to moorings and stay in lockdown, until cleared. I requested confirmation of the order, stating that regulations require all ships to be underway so as to prevent further damage during attacks, division repeated the order. Pulling in, I can’t help but wonder, what is really going on?

Only later did we find out about Adm. Scott’s death. A terrorist attack they said. How could this happen? What was Naval Intelligence doing? Weren’t they supposed to watch for these kinds of events? And how did the Sons of Sol infiltrate the base? I do not know the answers to any of these things, but the hammer is going to fall hardest in this base. I expect a few heads would roll.

Oskar von Reuenthal
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-07-19 21:32   
Personal Message
Encryption Package DGSSE2319-0
Date: July 24, 2285 CE
To: Adm. Oskar von Reuenthal
Acting Commander, UGTO Home Fleet

Naval Station Salisbury
Mycopia

My instructions were perfectly clear as to the launching of Reinhardt. You were only to make preparations for it, not execute it at once. This is an unmitigated disaster. Operation Reindeer is supposed to take place in 10 months, preparations are not yet complete. Because of your actions, we may have to postpone Reindeer for another 2 years.

Or was this an attempt for you to gain power by removing your superior and taking control of the home fleet? Respond within 24 hours or you will be severely dealt with.

Personal Message
Encryption Package DGSSE2732-7
Date: July 24, 2285 CE
To: Marshal Jose Andres Sta. Ana
Naval Station Salisbury
Mycopia

Fr: Adm. Oskar von Reuenthal
Acting Commander, UGTO Home Fleet

Although instructed to prepare for implementation of Reinhardt, I had to take matters into my own hands. Naval intelligence has gotten wind of our little enterprise, and Scott is getting a little too nosy for his good. Reinhardt was the only way to get him off my back at the same time preserve the original timetable for Reindeer. I do not agree as to the postponement of Reindeer but I propose to accelerate it. The confusion sowed by Reinhardt will enable us to complete preparations for Operation Reindeer and the anger of the people over the attacks can be used to rally them to support Reindeer and its objectives.

As for assassinating Admiral Scott, I do not feel any joy doing it and it breaks my spirit to even order such a thing. However the primacy of Operation Reindeer is the only consideration why I launched Reinhardt. And if you are questioning my loyalty to the order or to our cause, I assure you that I have no intentions to usurp any of your positions.

The primary thing is to make sure the second part of Operation Reinhardt succeeds. All depends on it.

[ This Message was edited by: Oskar von Reuenthal on 2015-07-19 21:42 ]

Page created in 0.042069 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR