- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +22.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » T3 superships
 Author T3 superships
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-02-06 09:58   
I already mentioned this a little but i wanted to go into some more detail on a couple ships.

AS only being marshal i dont yet have access to the largest of the t3 ships, those being nemesis (kluth), elite assault dread (ugto), and strike carrier (ICC). However i went into beta and played around for a bit and i gotta say i have found real problems with all 3. I may sound like im being unrealistic but you have to realize these are the tier 3 DREADNOUGHTS. These ships are supposed to be something special, something u must work very hard to finally get access to. These ships should have no obvious faults and should stand as a solid. unique ship that validates all the work it takes to get. That said....

1. Nemesis- the good- great combo of weapons, beam, torps and mines work wonderful together

The bad- runs out of energy very very quickly, you thought siphon ran out fast, well imagine siphon with a third weapon system further draining all ur energy.

The solution- designate more of the beam array to elf beams, add another reactor. Possibly lose a Neutro Torp and add 5 more standard torps to change to ELF torps if need be. These minor changes should allow nemeis to remain in combat long enough to fight a real battle and become what it should be.

...........................................................................................................

2. Strike carrier- the good- only icc dreadnought that gets more than shields x4 (gets shields x8 with no armor at all). Has a vast ecm ewar array.

the bad- this ship gets 6 fighter slots and 14 heavy railguns! sounds great right? well it is until you launch it and see the fire arcs on its cannons. It fires 6 forward... 8 left/right, and 4 aft, OUT OF 14??
That is beyond bad, there is no ship in entire game that has less efficient fire arcs than this. Every ICC dread with cannons fires more than this including the flagship dreadnought which is only a command class ship (meaning it is not directly for combat and has minimal weapons only to support other heavier warships)

The solution- This ship badly needs ALL 14 of its heavy railguns removed and refitted with 4 ion cannons. Since an ion cannon does exactly the damage of 3 heavy railguns this is actually less firepower so should be no issues with gadget point restrictions. Allow all 4 ions to fire forward (equiv of 12 heavy guns), 2 ion cannons left/right (equiv of 6 heavy guns), and NO aft fire. This very simple change would turn this ship from a stealth novelty to what a tier 3 supership should be, and that is somthing special.

3. Elite Assault Dreadnought- the good- HUUGE amount of extra point defense beams, Heavy firepower from torpedos and beams.

-the bad- Heavy firepower from torpedos and beams..., instead of EAD once again being the ultimate ugto ship, its basicly just a halberd dreadnought with extra point defense beams.

The solution- keep the great extra point defense beams, keep the focus on frontal fire, keep the combat beam array, but switch the torpedos with a cannon layout of 7 heavy guns and 1 heavy positron cannon, allow all weapons to fire forward, 3 heavy guns 1 heavy positron cannon fire left/right, and no aft. In my opinion This would turn the EAD into somthing fantastic, a dread that can shoot down a missile attack while returning cannon fire, then deliver extreme firepower at close range with its beams. This sounds like the ultimate ugto dreadnought to me

THanks to anyone who read this far.

Splinter Cells
Marshal

Posted: 2015-02-06 22:24   
yeah....this superships are not easy to get, so please make some changes but not make it invincible......

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2015-02-08 12:24   
Just because it's difficult to unlock, doesn't mean it should be the ultimate king of ships.

Generally speaking, T3 are supposed to have a lot of issues with energy, and are supposed to come up short on any one weapon type, otherwise they would be an upgrade instead of a sidegrade.

Personally I think the T1's are what need a buff.
They are completely specialized for a role, and what do they get? 1 extra plate of armor, and a couple more of their role of weapon than the higher tiers, but overall far fewer weapons.

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-02-10 03:16   
first off the tier 3 ships that do work DO have issues with energy, quite severly actually, for example the icc rapid assault destroyer and the kluth ravager each have torps/cannons/beams, both run out of energy extremeley fast.....but they do what is intended, a ton of damage very quickly. As long as a tier 3 ship does WHAT IS INTENDED the ship is what i would call "king of ships", but so many of them (ones i mentioned for the reasons i mentioned) do not do this and simply need very minor alterations to take them from "bad" or plain ordinary to "good"

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-02-10 03:26   
o yea forgot the second part , the tier 1 ships i had mentioned in a different post are the more importent issue so you are absolutley correct about that flutter, SO anyone who reads this ALSO please read "New players, new ships" post, it is a detailed list of tier 1 ships that NEED very minor but at the same time very importent changes. New players in this game have no other choice but to use these and deserve somthing better than what is available, and imagine how many new players have gotten frustrated and given up tryin to use them moved on to a different game. Our number 1 goal should be to put an end to that ever happening and please consider at some of the changes ive proposed. I know this game well and honestly believe i know what ships work and which fall short and how to fix this.

Page created in 0.014889 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR