No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » New players, new ships
 Author New players, new ships
Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-01-31 20:11   
IMO new players have it far too rough. IF they do not have other higher ranked players around then they struggle to rank up or even damage other ships. Fact is new ICC players have it the hardest with UGTO coming in a VERY close second, with kluth being by far the easiest faction for new players to start in. This is only due to the fact that kluth ships are offense oriented and has more weapons per ship than the human factions. This does not matter so much later in the game for the tier 2 and 3 ships but for the new players in their tier 1 ships this is a big deal.
For example brand new icc players best ship is Stealth corvette which has 6 fusion torpedos. Kluth equivilant corvette ship gets 8. Moving on to the next size up the ICC and ugto torpedo tier 1 frigates gets 8 torpedos while the kluth equivilant frigate gets 11. Same applies with tier 1 cannon ships, icc patrol frigate gets equivilant of 3 heavy gun fire on best arc while kluth variant gets 5. Next size up the ICC patrol destroyer (tier1 cannon role) gets equivilant of 4 heavy gun fire on the best arc while the kluth variant gets 6. Cruiser size ICC Light cruiser (tier 1 cannon role) gets 6 heavy gun fire while the kluth scale cruiser (tier1 cannon role) gets equivilant of 8 heavy gun fire. (ugto cannon ships get same amount of heavy gun fire as icc is why didnt mention them also)

These are ships that all new players MUST use to engage whatever size targets they encounter until they rank up to get better equipped ships. I have thought alot about this and used all of the tier 1 ships that the new low rank players MUST use in the begining of the game and i cannot help but say they need redone badly, not for me but for the new players that struggle to use them and even give up before ever getting anything else. Slight changes to these ships could make the difference of a newbie staying or quitting, and we need every player we can get. I understand there are gadget point systems in place for ship design but i think exceptions should and must be made for the cannon tier 1 ships in the following way So...

1. tier 1 cannon role frigates.
ICC- 3 heavy railguns, 2 railguns (equiv of 4 heavy)
Arcs- forward- 2 heavy railgun, 1 railgun
left/right- 3 heavy railguns, 2 railguns
aft- 1 heavy railgun

UGTO- 3 heavy particle cannons, 2 particle cannons (equiv of 4 heavy)
Arcs- forward- 3 heavy particle cannon, 2 particle cannons
left/right- 2 heavy particle cannon, 1 particle cannon
aft- 1 heavy particle cannon

Kluth- keep current (equiv of 5 heavy)

2. tier 1 cannon destroyers
ICC- 4 heavy railguns, 2 railguns (equiv of 5 heavy)
Arcs- forward- 3 heavy railguns
right/left- 4 heavy railguns, 2 railguns
aft- 2 railguns

UGTO- 4 heavy particle cannon, 2 particle cannon (equiv of 5 heavy)
Arcs- forward 4 heavy partcle cannon, 2 particle cannon
right/left- 3 heavy particle cannon
aft- 2 particle cannon

Kluth- keep current (eqiuv of 6 heavy)

3. Now most importent of the changes i propose are the tier 1 cannon cruisers, designs are based on cruiser sized versions of of tier 1 cannon dreads, Combat dread (icc), battle dread (ugto) and Krill (kluth), if you consider any of my changes make it this one as the current versions of light cruiser and interceptor cruiser are nearly useless ships agaisnt anything but destroyers and smaller which is unfair to new players that have no real choice until much later in rank.

ICC- 10 railguns, 1 ion cannon (equiv of 8 heavy)
Arcs- forward- 4 railguns, 1 ion cannon
right/left- 10 railguns, 1 ion cannon
aft- 6 railgun
Armor- reduced by 1 unit

UGTO- 10 particle cannon, 1 heavy positron cannon (equiv of 8 heavy)
Arcs-forward- 10 particle cannon, 1 heavy positron cannon
left/right- 6 particle cannon, 1 heavy positron cannon
aft- 4 particle cannon
Armor- reduced by 1 unit

kluth- 6 psi cannon, 2 stellar incinerator (equiv of 9 heavy)
Arcs- forward- 6 psi cannon, 2 stellar incinerator
right/left- 3 psi cannon 1 stellar incinerator
aft- 5 psi cannon, 2 stellar incinerator
Armor- reduced by 1 unit

4. The torpedo ships are not nearly as drasticly underpowered until it gets to the cruiser level tier 1 torpedo ships which need redone badly because if you look at the UGTO and ICC torpedo destroyers with their 8 standard torps and 1 capital torpedo they have more firepower than their cruiser level variants that have only 12 or 13 torpedos and can only fire 10 at the best arc. (yes i know that ugto and icc torpedo cruisers have less firepower but better fire arcs than torpedo destroyers but it is still backwards and needs changed)

tier 1 torpedo cruisers
ICC- 2 variance torpedo, 5 fusion torpedo, (equiv of 15)
Arcs-forward- 2 variance torpedos, 5 fusion torpedo
right/left- 1 variance torpedo, 3 fusion torpedo
aft- 4 fusion torpedo
Armor- reduced by 1 unit

Ugto- 2 QST, 5 proton torpedo (equiv of 15)
Arcs- forward- 2 QST, 5 proton torpedo
right/left- 2 QST
aft- 2 proton torpedo
Armor- reduced by 1 unit

I strongly believe these changes would improve the game drastically for new players and maybe even keep some from quitting prematurely due to frustration. Before you disregard my suggestions i want you to try the ships i mentioned for yourself then imagine you have no other choice of ship yet and i think you may change your mind.

THANK YOU to anyone who actually read this far, and let me know what you think whether you agree or disagree i want to open this up for discussion as it really does need addressing and could help move this game closer to our goal of a better DS for ALL.

Jason

BoomBox
Admiral

Posted: 2015-01-31 22:21   
The changes are so minor that they're hard to discuss in a great detail.

But I find agreement with the main reason - T1 ships that are popular with new players have unsatisfying damage output.

I agree to the mentioned changes, for lack of good reason to show disagreement...

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2015-02-03 20:49   
Small changes is all it takes to take a ship from bad/underpowered to a good solid ship. Glad someone agrees and thanks for response, but come on everyone now is the time to voice changes. If small change could keep just one new player from getting frustarted and moving on to another game its worth the time to post.

Thanks jason

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2015-02-04 11:14   
Quote:
On 2015-01-31 22:21, BoomBox wrote:
The changes are so minor that they're hard to discuss in a great detail.

But I find agreement with the main reason - T1 ships that are popular with new players have unsatisfying damage output.

I agree to the mentioned changes, for lack of good reason to show disagreement...

+1

Page created in 0.014617 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR