No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +14.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Game sound effects cut out
 Author Game sound effects cut out
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-11 18:57   
While playing I slowly lose game sounds. First I lose the constant ship sound, then I lose weapons a little later. I deleted the game and reinstalled it. No fix. Win 8.1, i5 3.2, 8 GB ram, 2GB video ram (GT630). This started after the background art update. If I restart the game I have full sounds again, but it doesn't last long. Hitting Esc and play while in game doesn't bring them back.

-DBS

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-11-11 20:42   
We're already looking into it. Should be posted in the bugs post.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-11-13 20:35   
Quote:
On 2014-11-11 20:42, Pantheon wrote:

This bug should be fixed now.

Goto the website of Faustus
Brickstin
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2015-02-13 04:11   
Quote:
On 2014-11-13 20:35, Faustus wrote:
Quote:
On 2014-11-11 20:42, Pantheon wrote:

This bug should be fixed now.

Unfortunately.. im still getting it :l

Demaclese
Midshipman

Posted: 2015-02-14 19:37   
Try a lower sound setting in the setup menu. im running 22k setup defult (40000k plus) and it works perfectly and you beat my system by alot.

also you can try a lower channel im running 4 on the full setting i was losing sound aswell, and tried the reinstall, after i got really mad i figgured out theres a setting called chat buffer im set to hi 38000 (Set to 28500 but no lower than 25000 or the chaT looks funny.

There also when you become unconnected from the server you loose sound some times a dok or 2 will fix this. you've set the camera to far away from your ship there fore you cant hear the gunfire/ and or music is set to low.

- How im set up _ All graphics ingame set to med, trails off, bump effect off, lod set to med( being as the settings of the graphics may have a result in sound ie clipping , urching and sound disconnect.) if youve done this allready, make sure your dual core if you dont have duo core is set to off, (also increases preformance with it off if you do have duo) (With these setting in heavy combat and large planet builde im experiancing little lag and clean sound)

Note **You could ask for a patch for your computer or try installin from palestar main (this has actually fixed a error with not being able to connect.

Note**Try installing with your Anti virus off firewall off, then add them to each and reactivate( sometimes people forget to do this) right clik (on first operation) and set to administrator then save to desktopp, sometimes it hangs up and has to be forced ie (right clik propertys set to administrator)

Note**Chek to make sure your antivirus isent bloking the program and you have the approiate and up to date version.

Note**Set your computer to med graphics if you have that option, it will cut bak how much the coputer has to render there fore increasing preformance.

Note**Make sure your computer is malware free and virus alike, beleve it or not shockwave flash renderer, shockwave player, and recent codec packs could also be the problem or not up to date sound drivers, witch are a payne to trak buy and install the original sound processors

PS-(signing drivers will bring bak a lost sound (certificate)- witch can be found ie start ^ setting ^ controll panel ^ system^ hardware ^ Driver signing.

1st Rear Adm - Demaclese

Email Demaclese
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2015-02-15 00:32   
Quote:
On 2015-02-14 19:37, Demaclese wrote:
Try a lower sound setting in the setup menu. im running 22k setup defult (40000k plus) and it works perfectly and you beat my system by alot.

also you can try a lower channel im running 4 on the full setting i was losing sound aswell, and tried the reinstall, after i got really mad i figgured out theres a setting called chat buffer im set to hi 38000 (Set to 28500 but no lower than 25000 or the chaT looks funny.

There also when you become unconnected from the server you loose sound some times a dok or 2 will fix this. you've set the camera to far away from your ship there fore you cant hear the gunfire/ and or music is set to low.

- How im set up _ All graphics ingame set to med, trails off, bump effect off, lod set to med( being as the settings of the graphics may have a result in sound ie clipping , urching and sound disconnect.) if youve done this allready, make sure your dual core if you dont have duo core is set to off, (also increases preformance with it off if you do have duo) (With these setting in heavy combat and large planet builde im experiancing little lag and clean sound)

Note **You could ask for a patch for your computer or try installin from palestar main (this has actually fixed a error with not being able to connect.

Note**Try installing with your Anti virus off firewall off, then add them to each and reactivate( sometimes people forget to do this) right clik (on first operation) and set to administrator then save to desktopp, sometimes it hangs up and has to be forced ie (right clik propertys set to administrator)

Note**Chek to make sure your antivirus isent bloking the program and you have the approiate and up to date version.

Note**Set your computer to med graphics if you have that option, it will cut bak how much the coputer has to render there fore increasing preformance.

Note**Make sure your computer is malware free and virus alike, beleve it or not shockwave flash renderer, shockwave player, and recent codec packs could also be the problem or not up to date sound drivers, witch are a payne to trak buy and install the original sound processors

PS-(signing drivers will bring bak a lost sound (certificate)- witch can be found ie start ^ setting ^ controll panel ^ system^ hardware ^ Driver signing.

1st Rear Adm - Demaclese

Ya not my first rodeo Dropping the voices to 32 fixed it for me. This happened after the last huge update. Now if we just had players to shoot at!

Page created in 0.189098 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR