No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The annoyance of KLUTH cloaking.....
 Author The annoyance of KLUTH cloaking.....
Commando950
Fleet Admiral
The Intergalactic Border Patrol

Posted: 2014-11-02 19:01   
This has to been said over 1,000,000 times I'm sure, but who thought kluth getting impenetrable cloak was a good idea?

I know I'm not a great player, but hear me out. I watched at least 20-60 times PERFECTLY DEAD kluth just cloak about 40 hull or 0 armor... and just run away.... come back healed very well then keep fighting. You can't win against what you can't see. There needs to be a way to unhide them or cloak flat out removed. They just cloak,hide, and recharge.... You can't hit them with missiles, can't him them with fighters of any type, or even ECCM them(Least for me it was worthless)

I know Kluth players are gonna scream "ITS FINE", but I really do have to question why this exists.....

If there is something I don't know about here(such as a counter measure), please do let me know, but nobody on ICC did anything at all.

It went well at first, but then the massive cloak spam turned the tide of war terribly.

Sorry if I'm wasting your time....

Its just really annoying you know? Nonetheless was a very good game played by the KLUTH. I do not doubt these are skilled KLUTH players, yet I still question cloaking mechanic.

LTN_Akagi
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2014-11-02 19:10   
ok i do agree with this but the kluth are just way to evil with the cloaking also why did you add this if the game should be balance between all factions and i don't think this is a good way of balancing this looks alot like kluth getting way to op and needs to be nurfed

ps i don't care if i get banned for saying that but i am putting it out there for those people who don't like that

[ This Message was edited by: blake belladonna on 2014-11-02 19:14 ]

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-11-02 22:00   

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-11-02 22:01   

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-11-02 22:33   
Do you know how cloak works?

No really, I'm curious. Do you know how it actually works or are you just angry that the guys you're shooting can turn invisible?

Because when a K'Luth ship cloaks, the cloaking device uses up a lot of energy--a substantial portion of their total maximum amount, in fact. And the higher the signature of the ship, the more energy it takes. If they've expended too much energy shooting at things, or if their sig is too high, it becomes impossible for them to cloak. The cloak won't even activate if it sees that they don't have enough energy for it to completely cloak them. It also has a substantial cooldown AND a maximum duration, so once they're visible they can't easily re-cloak right away.

No, there's nothing you can do to detect them once they're cloaked. But when they're visible, there's a lot you can do to stop them from cloaking in the first place. Bring along an EWar ship or two and light your target up like a Christmas tree, and they won't be able to scuttle away nearly so easily.

Email Jim Starluck
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-11-03 10:50   
try point firing . you know, hold controll and left click ta lil mouse and hold and drag. should of seen us b4 the timers mewahahaha

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2014-11-03 11:40   
doh
[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2014-11-03 11:42 ]

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2014-11-03 14:21   
Quote:
On 2014-11-03 10:50, Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC* wrote:
try point firing . you know, hold controll and left click ta lil mouse and hold and drag. should of seen us b4 the timers mewahahaha

Good, good, good.

Goto the website of 0stego
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2014-11-03 14:26   
I really do miss the old cloak. It's funny to hear people complain about the current cloak system. For a bit, enemies were able to ping our cloak which was actually fun for me It was like a game within a game...
-DBS

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-11-03 17:19   
Quote:
On 2014-11-02 22:33, Jim Starluck wrote:
Bring along an EWar ship or two and light your target up like a Christmas tree, and they won't be able to scuttle away nearly so easily.

as mush as i agree with Jim on the most part, THAT is not a Sign of balance right there

few Ewar ships have the firepower(or even energy) to take out a ship of their equivalent size. So in order to over come cloak, i need 2 ship, one Damage dealer, and an Ewar ship

So if theres 2 kluth, i practicly need 4 ship...

Cloak is fine, its the Fact that we need a dedicated ship for every kluth we see that troubles me a bit. They dont have that problem, they can cloak Assault ships, missile ships, Carriers, Minelayers. anything really, its not a dedication, its general purpose for them
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Commando950
Fleet Admiral
The Intergalactic Border Patrol

Posted: 2014-11-03 19:36   
I mean come on, just because it needs a lot of energy don't mean its not a easy ticket for them to escape. Its easy to defend cloak if your not the one going against it! XD!

Enemy at low armor.... *poof*

Gone... he got away.... came back later fine. Battle only gets worse from there.....

Please note the kill feed. I mean come on?

Edit:Wait how does anyone not really get annoyed by this?(Has it always been this annoying?)
[ This Message was edited by: Commando950 on 2014-11-03 19:37 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-11-03 20:46   
Play smart.

Page created in 0.017860 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR