No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Invincible
 Author Invincible
Wessssss
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-09-19 20:49   
I've been away from the game for a bit, but when did UGTO ships become near indestructible. why does it take my entire ICC Heavy Cruiser ammo load just to Hull a UGTO torpedo cruiser? and not even blowing it on all the armor rings. this was 5 minutes of pounding it from behind.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-09-19 20:55   
Best explanation would be that your client was lagging, so it would be firing at places where the TC just moved away from. Hulling a cruiser would need maybe 8-12 salvos at best. Though I'm more interested in how did you survive for 5 mins against a TC in the first place ^^

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2014-09-19 22:24   
In the 1.7 update, the game changed a lot. You may find that the HC is not the most ideal for cruiser combat.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-21 21:23   
Standard ICC cannons and ICC torpedoes do too little damage now, and missiles do too much. Use a line station or a line dread like the rest of ICC and you will see different results.

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-09-23 12:29   
LOL, really, lag? Come on people try these icc ships and see for yourself. I told myself i was done trying to convince any of you of anything but here i am again. ICC fusion torp at the cruiser level does max damage for direct 2600 max for area 2600 for total of 5200 damage for best possible damage roll, now the recharge time for this weapon is 7.0 seconds, so at the best damage roll you cannot even hope to get close to 1000 damage per second. Now lets look at ugto proton torp, cruiser level same minimum damage at icc ones but at the best damage roll these torps can do combined damage of little over 9000, recharge times on proton torp is 9 seconds. See the problem here? This same situation plays out with nearly ALL icc and ugto weapons. same minimum damage as icc but much much higher max damage on ugto weapons. For some reason icc weapons are supposed to "work out" because of slightly lower recharge times and an extra 100 or 200 more range.
Ugto heavy particle cannon at dread level is 3900-11000, icc heavy railgun 3900-6600, there is only a 1 second longer recharge time for the particle cannon and the falloff on particle cannon is close to nothing (17% or 18% less damage at max range of 1000).
See any problems here yet? These are only 2 of the simplest examples but same applys across the board for these weapons. This is the problem, not lag or user error of picking wrong ship.
Im getting very tired of hearing icc weapons are fine because they are far from it. Some ships are unusable because they are loaded up with useless weapons.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-09-24 09:49   
Quote:
On 2014-09-23 12:29, Jhomes wrote:
Ugto heavy particle cannon at dread level is 3900-11000, icc heavy railgun 3900-6600, there is only a 1 second longer recharge time for the particle cannon and the falloff on particle cannon is close to nothing (17% or 18% less damage at max range of 1000).

See any problems here yet? These are only 2 of the simplest examples but same applys across the board for these weapons. This is the problem, not lag or user error of picking wrong ship.

ICC weapons have 25% less average damage than UGTO weapons (similarly, KLuth do 25% more than UGTO on raw numbers). But with that, ICC get lower energy drain, higher range, faster projectiles and higher ammo. Ok, UGTO and KLuth don't have ammo needs for cannons, but ICC ships take plenty of time (of the order of 5-10 mins) to deplete that stock, and by the present standards thats a very long time.

So, the lower damage per salvo is balanced over time by shorter cooldowns, greater range, more ammo and faster projectiles, while the lower energy drain balances shield energy drain.

And in my defence, the poster said he was hitting a torp cruiser from the aft for 5 minutes. A T1 ICC torpedo frigate with its 8 torpedoes, 20k damage per salvo and 6 second recharge time should start hulling that cruiser's 280k rear armor in under 2 minutes. So lag issues seemed the best explanation for an experienced player to end up in such a scenario, though the TC could have had ablative armor to be more survivable.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-09-24 19:35   
Quote:
On 2014-09-19 20:49, Wessssss wrote:
I've been away from the game for a bit, but when did UGTO ships become near indestructible. why does it take my entire ICC Heavy Cruiser ammo load just to Hull a UGTO torpedo cruiser? and not even blowing it on all the armor rings. this was 5 minutes of pounding it from behind.

He was probably using ablative armor. Did you see whether he was using defense enh as well? If so, that would easily explain it.

Page created in 0.019710 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR