No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +16.7 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Procyon is bad for the digestion
 Author Procyon is bad for the digestion
Senti-Onikawa
Admiral

Posted: 2014-07-06 06:11   
Yesterday the icc and k'luth encountered several bugs within Procyon that were a bit frustrating (to put it lightly) and may as well have been game-breaking. I'm not sure if anyone has actually brought it up openly (looking at the latest topics section, I'm assuming they haven't) but I figured putting it on the table wouldn't hurt, either. One of the biggest ones that has been a problem is players getting kicked at random and having to relog while around Lumoco and Cayco. We've tested the crap out of the issue and have found that the issue is consistent in Procyon itself. There is another issue relevant to it and this is a bug that makes spawning near Lumoco impossible.

The issue I refer to is one another player and myself experienced (though I don't doubt there were others). If you try to spawn from the planet right beside Lumoco (can't remember the name right now) you'll be instantly killed upon spawning by Lumoco. No, you don't even get to jump, but from the scene that follows your death it's almost like the AI for helm decided to jump at the nearest target upon spawn. Is this a bug with spawn distance from a planet and if so, what can fix the issue? A weird occurence followed my third attempt at spawning near Lumoco where, when I gave up and chose Procyon 12 as a spawn, it instead positioned me where I had attempted to spawn previously.

Another bug we (the players) encountered has to do with fighters and mines. The mines thing I can't say for certain was a bug, but there was some mention about there being a ridiculous amount of mines near Cayca and just around that entire sector in general. Heck, a nest spawned more fighters than should be possible for a single fleet carrier. There was also the issue that neither side took damage when they were in certain spots around their respective planets to the extent that it became nearly impossible to cap a planet if the opposing faction just sat in that spot. We tried a variety of methods in this situation as well and found Cayca has a zone of invincibility that prevents damage to any ship sitting there. Hope this one can be fixed soon.

That's all I can recall for now as to bugs in the Procyon system. I want to say they're present everywhere and we should just endure, but it doesn't seem like a thing you'd get in R33 or elsewhere. If others can confirm these bugs and possibly present evidence of others I may have missed, it would be appreciated. Sorry for the wall of text

\"That's a good question... I wish I had an answer.\"

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-07-06 09:24   
the disconnects may or may not (likely not) be an easy fix, but ill certainly take a look at those two planets.

id bet spawning from lumoco and mode daven are an easy fix, they're just too close is all, ill move em a bit farther out
[ This Message was edited by: Doran on 2014-07-06 10:11 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-07-06 10:32   
interdictor problem:
http://imgur.com/TxJDJnX

absolutely unbelievable, that

[ This Message was edited by: Forger of Destiny on 2014-07-06 23:05 ]

Lloyd
Admiral

Posted: 2014-07-06 10:33   
I was one of the players who suffered disconnects and general weirdness with mines.

I used a the ICC mine cruiser to lob mines at the K'luth players. Onces the mines hit they stayed present, but where no longer under my control (nor did they re-detonate). They where also uneffected by a manual detontion command.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-07-06 12:59   
moved the planets in the -12 cluster. dont think i need to mention that it wont acutally get updated till the next release push, but i can set up a procyon-only server in beta for testing.

couldnt reproduce the invincibility or disconnections.

everything's been addeed to the bug tracker tho.

Len05
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-07-06 14:52   
Invicibility and disconnection are from the player. not Procyon. I was got this problem and it was just my internet

Page created in 0.014001 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR