Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Too little to do in downtime?
 Author Too little to do in downtime?
Forsaken Alt
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2014-04-01 07:18   
Hi,

I returned to DS after not playing for quite some time, unfortunately I can only really play in the downtimes when not a lot of people are really on and, unless I follow uggie or icc crowd there is really nothing to do, I prefer to play luth but if I try to defend I get snap on lol, if I try to quietly bomb a planet, I get snap on, why not fight back? Well it's either ships I can't kill or outnumbered...

Soo, I thought, there used to be a decent amount of AI systems to fight to give you something to do so I scoured them but to no avail, there doesn't seem to be any AI anymore? People said there were but I am yet to see 1, pirates, MI, faction AI...

Sorry if I sound critical but I am someone who can't really play 18:00-24:00gmt due to work and can't stay up till 4-6am to play :|, ai for new people would help them progress too when all they can fight is dreads or cruisers..

~Forsaken

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2014-04-01 12:39   
I play scenario when then MV is full of dreads and everyone is on one team.

Goto the website of 0stego
Forsaken Alt
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2014-04-01 13:04   
Yeah I got some building done earlier in scenario, there was a little AI which was nice but some engi ai and more combat ai would really help... there used to be engi ai back in day

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2014-05-09 16:04   
I'd love to see scenario make a come back. Back in my day (I'm old) we used to have 50+ people playing scenario... it allows players to choose a faction they weren't in the MV and it evened the playing field... no super maxed Dread attacking a cruiser with no upgrades.

Email JackCrackerMan
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-05-09 20:05   
Quote:
On 2014-05-09 16:04, Penny Wise wrote:
I'd love to see scenario make a come back.

funny you should mention that

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2014-05-09 20:33   
make blue drops in scenario more common

Commando950
Fleet Admiral
The Intergalactic Border Patrol

Posted: 2014-05-09 20:39   
There needs to be more ai and I've already mentioned this before. We need more things to fight besides players... I had two new players with me trying to get a fight from some of the few ai we was able to find. So then.... a player had interrupted us. We made him run like a little girl, yet its annoying to be interrupted...

I also believe MI/Pirates need to be on the offensive. I'd really love to see them actually start taking our planets... and us having to fight back!

The ai need to be taken a serious force... I want more activity in servers.... from the ai crowds...

We should also consider the unkown/strange forces that may not be so often.(Such as the wierd crystaline entity that blew up one of my planets in scenerio)

I mean really why would you not want something fun to kill??!!

I'd almost love to have a player vs ai server.... as bad as that would sound.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2014-05-09 21:06   
Quote:
On 2014-05-09 20:39, Commando950 wrote:
There needs to be more ai.

way ahead of you

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-05-09 21:58   
Quote:
There needs to be more ai and I've already mentioned this before. We need more things to fight besides players... I had two new players with me trying to get a fight from some of the few ai we was able to find. So then.... a player had interrupted us. We made him run like a little girl, yet its annoying to be interrupted...

I also believe MI/Pirates need to be on the offensive. I'd really love to see them actually start taking our planets... and us having to fight back!

The ai need to be taken a serious force... I want more activity in servers.... from the ai crowds...

We should also consider the unkown/strange forces that may not be so often.(Such as the wierd crystaline entity that blew up one of my planets in scenerio)

I mean really why would you not want something fun to kill??!!

I'd almost love to have a player vs ai server.... as bad as that would sound.

Uh, apparently you haven't been paying attention to recent events. The devs buffed the AIs and they went on a rampage and took over 60% of K'luth space in a single night. We still haven't been able to take back the MI systems from them, and I imagine if the devs hadn't forced them to stay there the entire MV would probably be under MI and pirate control at this very moment.

AIs are all well and good, but making them balanced and reasonable is hard. The devs are trying to get the balance right, and telling them they need to do better isn't really going to help much.

If you really want to fight AIs so much, go fight the MI. Trust me, that's a neverending fight that you will never manage to win. As to how you manage to get there through K'luth space... well that's up to you.

Commando950
Fleet Admiral
The Intergalactic Border Patrol

Posted: 2014-05-10 05:30   
Quote:
On 2014-05-09 21:58, Incinarator wrote:

If you really want to fight AIs so much, go fight the MI. Trust me, that's a neverending fight that you will never manage to win. As to how you manage to get there through K'luth space... well that's up to you.

I seriously a few days ago just WALKED on through there to get to the MI. I was showing a friend those crazy things myself. I seriously took about 2 people through the kluth defenses... and if I got mad at a interdictor... I'd just blow the entire population off the planet out of my way.... lol

Then again...that was when there wasn't many luths on..hehehe

0stego
Fleet Admiral
United Armed Corps

Posted: 2014-05-10 15:18   
Quote:

Would be very cool to see MI and Pirates take an offensive role in scenario missions!
+++

Goto the website of 0stego
Page created in 0.017988 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR