Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sieging and Missles.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Sieging and Missles.
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-31 14:02   
So Is the fact that just a few players can hold a planet inevitably without ever taking any risks ever going to be changed? Because as it is right now... You only have to get a missle ship and spam missles within a dico field. Its not promoting fun gameplay I have been in the MV for 2 hours now and the only thing we can do is kamikazi platforms.... We cant use missles on those platforms because there hidden with ECM and they destroy the missles. We cant get in range with anything shorter range than missles because we get blownup by missles. Something needs to be done about this strategy as it is not fun for either side.

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-31 14:27   
I dont think ill be returning ... I was excited for all the new ships. But all these missles with no counterplay other then sitting behind your planet has got to go.

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-31 15:05   
From what I understand, this is currently a very relevant and often discussed subject. While I haven't been in-game for at least half a year by now, I've been keeping very close track of the forums. It appears the devs are fully aware of this issue, and if you were to direct your attention towards the dev log, you'd find out they have proposed some potential changes in order to fix this. I fully understand what you mean, as this has been an issue ever since I've been playing DarkSpace.

Here's the thing, though. Currently the only motivation people have for wanting to assault or defend a planet is purely based around the search for a good battle. This is also going to be fixed, from what I've read, in the future 1.8 update. The plans for that are to give planets more relevance, and hopefully give the players more motivation to do something with said planets.

As for me, I have piles of schoolwork to do, plus I'm busy with personal matters. Even though it's spring break, I still have very little time to dedicate to darkspace. I hope I'll see everyone on the battlefield whenever I have the time .

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2014-03-31 17:22   
Quote:
On 2014-03-31 14:02, ARANOX wrote:
Something needs to be done about this strategy

Try using ECCM or a Scanner?

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-03-31 23:32   
Quote:
On 2014-03-31 17:22, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

The visual detection range on platforms is extremely tiny even with a scanner, manual targeting via F2 shadows is really the only way to get ECM'd platforms.

Also the proposed dictor changes are meant to alleviate this problem, right?

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-01 05:15   
From what i understand, you are returning player from quite awhile back. I started in 1.6 era and things are very different from then so i can only imagine how strange it seems to you. I ask you please give it a chance and dont give upi just yet. You will adapt as we all have. Missiles are important now more than ever but power lies in skill and knowledge of the game, its obvious you once had this and will again if you give it a little time. I love seeing old players return, but nothing is worse than competant player leaving.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-04-01 08:07   
Quote:
On 2014-03-31 17:22, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

Or, alternately, use ECM to hide yourself so they can't target you with missiles. That combined with manual targeting of platforms from long range with a cannon armed ship will work nicely.

pigghoti
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2014-04-03 08:02   
or you can use a scout to fire beacons at the target, marking them to be killed. I've done it on planets for long-range bombing and i think it works for ships as well.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2014-04-03 13:05   
When facing missiles you could engineer a defense platform to form a picket line and operate near that, slap a recon plat almost on top of it and it won't be targettable except through a manual selection. You should also group with a player who offers good point defense or even share your PD and operate in a section (2 ships acting as one unit). The game really shines with proper Fleeted teamplay and the new missile ranges have improved things a lot. There are many counters to them. Also if you sit at a recon plat you ecm yourself and are again not manually targettable.

Or for great defense against missiles fly a three ship squadron in tight formation with ICC and 'rotate' your pulse shield amongst your team as well as sharing defense.

There are so many things you can do to change the tactical situation.

A dico is akin to a castle wall, take it out!

Distract the defending players so you can bomb the dico, or set a transport full to drop and Raze the structure while your friends distract.

etc, etc.

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XII] on 2014-04-03 13:07 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-04-03 16:22   
Quote:
On 2014-04-03 13:05, Orkan [OO-XII] wrote:
When facing missiles you could engineer a defense platform to form a picket line and operate near that, slap a recon plat almost on top of it and it won't be targettable except through a manual selection. You should also group with a player who offers good point defense or even share your PD and operate in a section (2 ships acting as one unit). The game really shines with proper Fleeted teamplay and the new missile ranges have improved things a lot. There are many counters to them. Also if you sit at a recon plat you ecm yourself and are again not manually targettable.

Or for great defense against missiles fly a three ship squadron in tight formation with ICC and 'rotate' your pulse shield amongst your team as well as sharing defense.

There are so many things you can do to change the tactical situation.

A dico is akin to a castle wall, take it out!

Distract the defending players so you can bomb the dico, or set a transport full to drop and Raze the structure while your friends distract.

etc, etc.

[ This Message was edited by: Wukong on 2014-04-03 16:24 ]

Yes those strategies can work... But the reality is neither side is willing to take the risk. When there are several players on both sides it becomes a stalemate until one side gets tired of it and players log.

The current strategy of Dico+Plats+Missle is just to safe and players arent willing to take a risk.
I dont have any idea how at the moment but maybe we can come up with something that makes the strategy not so safe add some risk to it. Because unless you can convince your team to all get in closer range ships its and convince someone to use a good PD vessel it very difficult to break the stalemate.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-04-03 23:24   
im surprised no one mentioned using fighters against enemies yet

or have you people forgotten the epicness of the PD fighters?

combination of PD and torpedo fighters is lethal against platforms, and defeated mainly by engineers having +80% build speed (which is actually -80% build time, fix this pls)

Aradrox
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-04-04 23:26   
I still dont think anyone is getting my point that its just not fun. Like way back in 2007 when all I had was a scout... I had no problem getting blown up by an EAD at point blank range. Because there was still something to do that was fun for me. Fly around and be anoying but mostly inconsequential.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-04-08 21:32   
Quote:
On 2014-04-04 23:26, Wukong wrote:
I still dont think anyone is getting my point that its just not fun. Like way back in 2007 when all I had was a scout... I had no problem getting blown up by an EAD at point blank range. Because there was still something to do that was fun for me. Fly around and be anoying but mostly inconsequential.

There is nothing stopping a large group of people from jumping a planet at the same time.

The only thing stopping people is the knowledge that someone is probably going to die before the dictor gets taken down.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-04-09 11:48   
There are lots of ways to counter this sort of situation and several have even been posted in this thread, but many people either think they should be able to do it alone or don't want to do it as a team because it means one or two people will have to fly unfun ships like EW or PD. Yes it's a pain in the ass but you know what? It's an even BIGGER pain in the ass for the other side when they suddenly notice their missile spam is having almost no effect and is being countered by just a couple dinky ships that they should be able to crush yet can't because they won't leave the safety of their Interdictor to do it.

DeafstikX
Commander

Posted: 2014-04-09 12:04   
Quote:
On 2014-04-09 11:48, Talien wrote:
There are lots of ways to counter this sort of situation and several have even been posted in this thread, but many people either think they should be able to do it alone or don't want to do it as a team because it means one or two people will have to fly unfun ships like EW or PD. Yes it's a pain in the ass but you know what? It's an even BIGGER pain in the ass for the other side when they suddenly notice their missile spam is having almost no effect and is being countered by just a couple dinky ships that they should be able to crush yet can't because they won't leave the safety of their Interdictor to do it.

WHOA You mean if we use team work we could defeat this issue?!?!!?!? jk I can see the problem with there not being enough players to do teamwork and I blame that on devs kinda and the community mostly Which reminds me if you Play ICC and wanna be in a teamspeak together contact me I admin one but only like .5% of it is ever used might be a good idea to get a global Teamspeak up for this game

Email DeafstikX
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024011 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR