No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Not sure where I should post this?
 Author Not sure where I should post this?
El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-03-23 17:01   
On the 21 of March 2014, the K'luth had to fight massive amounts of ai in BD and in Lalande. But that is not the question or problem.

There where a few ugto players on. There was a player sitting at New Pakistan that was afk. There was also 4 supply plats. I first got close enough in my gang to fire a slavo of shock missles at the player, missle count reduced from the rack no missles showed, got closer fired another salvo and again missle count on the rack reduced, nothing. Got closer fired a salvo of si's hit and damage, fired another salvo of shock missles again rack count reduded and again no visable missles... moved off and figured I was desynced.

Later I went in with my nest. I fire a savlo of missles at the closest sup plat, did this till I popped it. Destroied the next nearest sup plat with missles. Now I lock onto the afk player, I fire a salvo, rack count reduces no missles visable and nothing, do it again same thing nothing lock onto the third sup plat fire missles visable lock onto the player notheing, sup plat fire a few salvos missle launch and are visable, lock on to the player again nothing... Now I'm wondering what is with this, would like to know what you think?

Now in F2 I put my target diamond over the ship but not locked onto it, I fire missles are visable, and again and again and again, destroyed the player, but could not touch him locked on with missles....

So what is up with this?

[ This Message was edited by: El Guapo on 2014-03-27 08:14 ]

Jhomes
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-03-23 23:18   
if it was a player clone glitch where player is long gone but a ghost remains, it is unkillable and possible that is why missiles didnt even appear.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-24 07:44   
This is the first time i'm hearing about this "player clone glitch"; does this happen often or recently? Is the player's ship completely immune to damage and/or other changes in state?

Senti-Onikawa
Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-24 14:26   
It's an ongoing thing. A player will log out and the clone will stick around long after. It can happen to ally ships as well and as far as I know, it's yet to be fixed. One of the few glitches of darkspace. You should also try the "schizo-ship" glitch where de-syncing allows you to jump around like a chicken is at your helm

\"That's a good question... I wish I had an answer.\"

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2014-03-26 05:16   
It not just ships that logout i have seen players with 4 ships on screen.

Email Steveyk
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-26 06:12   
Quote:
On 2014-03-26 05:16, Steveyk wrote:
It not just ships that logout i have seen players with 4 ships on screen.

I've seen this happen too. I also have screen shots to prove it. (not that I need to prove it.....) This was maybe within month ago when I saw it happen, so it's still relevant.

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-03-27 08:21   
If you read my whole post, I did manage to kill the player ship and with missles, I had to do it by locking on to space over top of his ship not on the ship it's self.

If I locked onto his ship, when I launched my missle count in the rack reduced but no missles showed nor did the player take damage. Yet no problem with the 4 plats in the players area....

So here is the question, guess I just have to come out and say it, what is this, a hack or a game problem.... now remember the player ship would take si damage but not missle, the plats would take both.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2014-03-27 11:10   
It sounds like desync; he left server side but not client side. Missiles are server-replicated objects so trying to fire your missiles at something that the server thinks doesn't exist would result in the missiles not being created. However ammo and weapon state is client side so the client 'thinks' you fired the missiles and does its own thing. Firing at a point above the ship is completely valid both server and client side and then when your 'client' sees the ship take damage it calculates it for itself client side and updates it. The server should then update that eventually but ... I don't know what would happen from this point on. I think because the ship doesn't exist server side the information would never be updated and eventually his ship would explode for you client side given enough damage ...but the server wouldn't propagate those results. But that's mostly theory.

tl;dr: desync

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-03-27 12:26   
The one problem with that theory is that when a "Ghost" ship is made everyone sees it, friend and foe. Its never just you that sees it. So it seems like it is at least partially a server-side problem

El Guapo
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-03-29 18:21   
love how you guys are getting off the topic....

Page created in 0.017391 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR