No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New structures
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author New structures
Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-30 08:19   
Security stations, medlabs, and union buildings..

Security stations reduce the events like revolutions and riots while medlabs provide a bonus to defense against plagues.. Union buildings reduce the chance for strikes and increase the chance for discovering good benefits to mining booms.

Bunkers are very sturdy and any infantry units stationed there will be safe from bombing until the bunker is destroyed.. Bunkers provide additional defense against invading troops and any infantry stationed at a bunker will not leave to defend against invading infantry..

Obviously the bunker building will have plenty of hp to protect against bombardment and will provide additional hp to any buildings nearby making planets harder to capture. i would suggest they provide a hp bonus to anything within three spaces of the bunker.

Bunkers are basically the luth and ugto versions of the shield but do not protect the entire planet like shields do.. Bunkers require 2-3 power and 1-2 pop to run...

Fighter bases will launch fighters to attack ships and are more powerful than Anti ship bases but provide no pd for the planet there should also be missile bases as while which shoot several volleys of missiles at a time..

Arcologies... they provide more space for population growth than domes reducing the amount of domes reuired to be built maybe around 20 habitat
[ This Message was edited by: Musashi Miyamoto on 2014-01-30 08:26 ]

Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2014-01-30 11:24   
now i KNOW what the response to fighter bases and planetary missile bases will be...simply b/c i was here during the 1.483 days, and that is a big 'NO' , and pantheons reasoning will be that it puts too much strain on the servers. and he is correct in this.thats why they were removed in the 1st place,too much lag.
on the other hand bringing back auto-building repair would be a better idea, something like 1% damage repaired every 2-4 hours.

plague bombs = NO
Security stations, medlabs, and union buildings advanced domes (+25 pop req 5 power) = +1 these sound like good ideas,HOWEVER.....i know that pantheon will probally say that the implimation would be a major pain in the butt.

too bad we can't have an upgrade button on t1 and t2 buildings that upgrades the building to the next highest tier building w/o the pres loss. i also know this would also present an implimation challenge, so pantheon or others on the dev team will veto it. oh well it sounded like a good idea too..........

just my 25 creds worth (damn you republicons)

*****peace*****

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM* on 2014-01-31 08:08 ]
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2014-01-30 18:46   
1 faction of pleysers vs 3-4 of enemy ai. ai fully upgraded without qq balancing. teamwork will be awesome, the 1-15 players being continiously amuzed/kpet busy by ai. problem is ai trannyport rush. solving that was old system of planet defense (bases actually shoot incoming pods).

so many bot players use 1K dico and 500gu planets reps to get win; and only on forfeiting any goals can there be any good fight. then still it requires hours of drawing enemy enough distance from planet while taking dmg, to get in the hit and run tactic that is supposed to happen.

of course 3 vs 3 on equal level is the turning point. more then 3 kluth vs anything (10+ ships regularly) and the kluth can win. surprise (cloak) and focus fire gives chance you 3 get the 1 ship before the other 9 shoot u to death.

The point...is that when you orbit planet you break balance rules, and when kluth have more then 3 players they break balance rules. So end result is: 3 vs 2 the 3 kluth will lose 0-2 depending on enemy running, short jump or hold position, and enemy lose 1 max. Now when 4 kluth vs 4 its a good kluth story. Then consider faction player movement, and all balance is logical. it all depends on 5 players

Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2014-01-31 12:59   
Quote:
On 2014-01-30 11:24, Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM* wrote:
now i KNOW what the response to fighter bases and planetary missile bases will be...simply b/c i was here during the 1.483 days, and that is a big 'NO' , and pantheons reasoning will be that it puts too much strain on the servers. and he is correct in this.thats why they were removed in the 1st place,too much lag.
on the other hand bringing back auto-building repair would be a better idea, something like 1% damage repaired every 2-4 hours.

plague bombs = NO
Security stations, medlabs, and union buildings advanced domes (+25 pop req 5 power) = +1 these sound like good ideas,HOWEVER.....i know that pantheon will probally say that the implimation would be a major pain in the butt.

too bad we can't have an upgrade button on t1 and t2 buildings that upgrades the building to the next highest tier building w/o the pres loss. i also know this would also present an implimation challenge, so pantheon or others on the dev team will veto it. oh well it sounded like a good idea too..........

*****peace*****

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM* on 2014-01-31 08:08 ]

there will be a limit to fighter bases and missile silo 1 per planet.. yes im aware that fighter bases were removed but limiting fighter bases and missile silos so that they can only be built once would prevent server overload. besides that point there r several diff servers now so fighter bases and missile silos shouldnt really pose too much problem.. u can only have a fighter base or a missile silo but not both

Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2014-02-01 00:15   
i think i can anticipate the dev team's answer in this case, i still know the answer will be 'NO'.........

only 5 creds worth this time

*****peace*****
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:21   
No no no.. and no.. with a side of no!

Untill we can build 100+ structures (laugh) on a barren.. this is a terrible idea.

If we could build a lot (not this 32 cap buisiness) this would be an amazing idea. Not to sound terrible, but when I find a planet without a depot or a starport I want to stab someone! I can't even imagine with more options.

Kinthalas
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2014-02-01 10:25   
PS - depot and starpot are the best use of 2 workers and 7 power you'll ever get on a planet.. use them!

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2014-02-01 15:56   
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 10:25, Kinthalas wrote:
PS - depot and starpot are the best use of 2 workers and 7 power you'll ever get on a planet.. use them!

Here is an idea. Multiple depots on planets.

*ducks when everyone starts throwing things at him*

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2014-02-02 22:32   
counters with val cannons that don't have an ammo counter on them..........

*****peace*****
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

GhostFly
Marshal

Posted: 2014-02-03 04:14   
Just make 64 buildings possible on planets and we are already half way down, u get planets to easy and loose to easy , so......

Email GhostFly
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2014-02-03 05:48   
If anything, i'd rather have the number of structures buildable on planets to depend on their size.

along the lines of 22 structures on small, 26 on medium, 32 on big and 36 on huge planets.

defense structures might need some tweaking for this, and will also need an upgraded dome structure (15 pop). rest of the structures will then fit in nicely.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2014-02-05 01:05   

Actually a good way to redo planets would be to simply take a leaf from the 4X games like MOO. Barring planetary defence, depots and dictors, the rest of the stuff can just borrow the concept wholesale.... and you'd even have a working economy.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2014-02-08 15:49   
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 15:56, Sheraton *XO* wrote:

*ducks when everyone starts throwing things at him*

-Sheraton

I will stab you with a cattle prod that's been covered in #4 steel wool then wrapped in barbed wire.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2014-02-08 23:13   
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 15:56, Sheraton *XO* wrote:

Multiple depots on planets may not be accepted. But how about multiple kinds of depot?
Say, the normal depot repairs everything. If there are distinguishing depots, then it may worth building. Such as hull depot (1.5x repairs hull, 0.5x repairs else), armor depot (1.5x repairs armor, 0.5x repairs else). A planet is still capable of building.

Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2014-02-08 23:49   
starts throwing things at Sheraton......so there ! ppphhhhhhhffffffftttttttt!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019771 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR