Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » UGTO AI & Kluth AI
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author UGTO AI & Kluth AI
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-12-08 19:36   
I think that the number of AI should be based on the descrepancy in player numbers, and the ships that the AI fly is determined by the descrepancy in player ranks.

This way, instead of launching 20 smaller ships because a Chief Marshal logged in, the AI would launch 1 or 2 of something like dreads or high tier cruisers.

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-12-09 17:19   
Quote:
On 2013-12-08 13:54, Orkan [OO-XI] wrote:
To Quote Azreal:

I have yet to see ai spawn to help defend anyone ever. I only see it when one team INVADES another server and aquires a sy.

I may have mentioned this before but when Marshalrol and myself capped Earth in Sol early into 1.7 there were 2-4 of us on ICC and about 2 UGTO defenders (that we could see). We were at times either on par with numbers (unsure about defenders rank) or slightly outnumbering the defenders and as soon as we had the Shipyard on Venus We received ICC ai Station/dread and other ship support and we easily overwhelmed the defense. It felt wrong and a bit unfair for the defense. I did not see any UGTO ai at that time.

This to me indicates that something may be wrong.

However I cannot guarantee that we were not outnumbered/outranked by other UGTO players who may have been elsewhere on the same server but did not respond to Earth's invasion and distress calls. That may have been the case as it would explain the 'over the top' amount of ai assistance our small strike team had but I kind of doubt that would be the case, I mean, this is Earth we are talking about and who wouldn't fight tooth and nail over Her Liberation?

Dear Sweet Mother Earth...

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XI] on 2013-12-08 13:57 ]

Just as a note. I HAVE seen AI dreads literally spin out of existance from Shipyard planets I was trying to cap. It is really quite alarming when it happens.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-10 06:07   
currently, luth ai are attacking a system of UGTO. They have most of the system. There are/were NO luth players within the server, if the servers are divided by the blue/brown lines. I know, I hopped over to check.

What do I face? Solo, I get to fight 14!!!!! ai, from 2-3 dreads, several cruisers, and a multiplicity of trannies in a non-stop rush. managed to bomb a planet, and the ai engy was able to rep the damage faster than I could do it, because of all the ai.

Its not a fair system, it isn't working as stated, and I get the impression that it isnt an issue that is taken serious. Frankly, its bullcrap. This is not what I paid for. When my sub is up, Im discontinueing it again until the ai system is working correctly. If I want to play a PvE game I can go play a game that was DESIGNED for PvE.

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2013-12-10 06:09 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-13 19:37   
Quote:
On 2013-12-10 06:07, Azreal wrote:
currently, luth ai are attacking a system of UGTO. They have most of the system. There are/were NO luth players within the server

this forum lacks a much needed like button

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-13 20:32   
It seems to me that the AI has two modes. Nowhere to be found or "holy snap 2 AI stations, 4 AI dreads and thousands of small ships just spawned from that planet!!!!"

And from my expierience which mode is enabled has nothing to do with which side has more players, or which system you are in, or who is attacking/defending. It seems to be picked from a hat. Sometimes the side that has a single player has to fend off 4 enemy players AND AI.

I know the devs don't believe us yet. I'll try to grab FRAPS footage next time I see this happen.
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2013-12-13 20:33 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-14 08:35   
and again today. had 3 ICC in Andosia. One was higher rank than I am. What did they get? at least 8 ai that I saw, and the tranny rushes begin again.

In what world is 1 vs 3 balanced by giving the 3 ai??? Your ai scripting is complete bunk.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-16 05:25   
Ai spawns are not related to shipyards, players, or server restrictions.

there are countless battles fought daily, on various locations. any situation i can think of, there are no UGTO ai to be found yet an infinite supply of Kluth ai and sometimes ICC ai are everpresent. The 1 situation I did find UGTO ai is once UGTO invades ICC home space.

all other situations, the icc or kluth have an AI swarm. Invading cephid (frigate class rank restricted area) and 3 ICC dreads spawn after eachother, and eventually a station came in to defend. killing all the enemy shipyards and capturing a sy full of resources does not change that ai spawn rate. they just keep coming.
***owning a shipyard or destroying the enemy ones does not affect AI spawn rate.***

another example: Kluth AI cap sol system and dont stop there, nearest friendly system for kluth was 4 jumpgates away meaning the ai moved 4 systems just to start capping everything in sol. ai trannies all over the place supported by 3 AI dreads + small things.
***Appearently they do move further then just 1 server.***

Someone said something about plats affecting max number of AI? Okay while invading procyon i counted 3-4 platforms per planet, there where Kluth ai, and of course no ugto AI. also after capping shipyard and destroying enemy ones.
***number of plats does not affect number of AI***

and the last myth: usually when fighting kluth there is 3-5 kluth players vs 2 UGTO ones. with the occaisional 2 UGTO turn into 10 and smash the kluth back for 30 min. In all of these outnumbered battles, vs players who have same rank as myself, there have been kluth ai in the system but no ugto ai.
***number or rank of players does not affect number of AI***

I did see however that whenever someone has AI its after capping a shipyard, then sit between shipyard and enemy planet and spam ctrl h for an hour. Not sure though, could be just dumb luck of the kluth player ive seen calling the AI.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2013-12-16 06:29   
from dev point of view, could it be possible to track every AI at once, from every faction? just a reports of its locations every 15 secs or so, nothing severver heavy. just for the sake of seeing the ai behavior?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-12-16 08:05   
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 05:25, Robert Paulson wrote:

Yes they are. People just don't seem to understand how it works.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-12-16 08:05 ]

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-17 04:46   
well pantheon, i had some theories but all is debunked so yeah have to admit i prolly dont understand how Ai spawns work. all i can say is how it doesnt work.

every system that i attack has ai defending it, and every system i defend has no AI. starports on in the system, shipyards up, down, no resources, full of resources, lots of players, no players, loads of enemies, no enemies, all seem to have little influence in getting ugto some AI.

I did see however, that once a luth logged out it gets replaced with 2 ai stations and 2 ai dreads coming in 1 by 1, so yes number of kluth players vs ugto ones defines klluth ai numbers, can see that. Appearently ugto is missing some trigger to spawn a massive ai fleet of trannies dreads and all in between, and it would be nice of course if some kluth tried the trigger they used but wont tell about while playing ugto to see how well it works.

Show the ugto it is possible is enough to end the debate and make ugto search more closer for the unmentioned trgger we may have to find ourselves

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-17 06:46   
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 08:05, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-12-16 05:25, Robert Paulson wrote:

Yes they are. People just don't seem to understand how it works.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2013-12-16 08:05 ]

I do. When an enemy takes one of your ship yards, even if you own the system and are being attacked (thereby making YOU the defender) the game sees the guy with a single planet as being the one on defense and spawns hella-amounts of ai for them. Thats the issue. It doesnt recognize who the actual aggressor is, and ranks seem irrelevant. I have logged in with alts, and logged in with small ships. Neither seems to effect ai spawn numbers or hull class. I have tested this numberous times when solo defending, as well. I have experienced this when defending against players of HIGHER RANK THAN I as well. Very consistant, very wrong. It is the opposite of what is supposedly intended.

As far as taking out the sy, yes, if you clear ALL SY IN THE SERVER (which could be up to 3-4 systems) then the ai spiggot is turned off.

The stupidity comes in when Kluth can cap Earth, and get ai in the server with a sy, but if UGTO caps Sag Hotha we get squat. Ive tested this multiple times now, and have found this to be absolutely consistant.

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-12-17 11:32   

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2013-12-17 14:46 ]

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-18 05:57   
hmm...so lalande, BD, both epsilon's and luyten all connected to the servers UGTO alrdy own? doesnt that still give ugto less sy then the faction that holds those systems? didnt see those yellow borders run that far but okay have to admit that i did find ugto ai helping after capping/building a shipyard in some further away k'luth or icc systems.

thx, guess ill have to look closer to the middle systems to see why the faction with more sy gets ai there, untill ugto caps the system, then enemy ai is gone but no UGTO ai. maybe its because ugto has a lot of players online when they cap the place heh..hmm from a different angle some blocks do seem to fit.

[ This Message was edited by: Robert Paulson on 2013-12-18 06:07 ]

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-18 16:21   
Here is a nice video showing the AI "working" today http://youtu.be/PTEV94ajBJg

Make sure you have annotations on.

And sorry for the audio, I had FRAPS recording audio by accident.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2013-12-18 17:56   
thats a sick f2 response time daaaaaamn! i dont get that even without taping it. what vid cap program did you use? since u NYC that explains 20ms ping instead of 250 for dutchies bit still...

and i have a hunch some systems are marked, since ugto only get ai while having more sy then icc in a system, the time ugto got ai at proc was when icc got more sy in barnards-same server), or kluth only get ai in middle systems or on offense on ugto deep system, and icc get ai maybe when invading kluth which they havent done yet.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.026963 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR