No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [1.702] Release Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
 Author [1.702] Release Feedback
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-19 10:46   
Ok, its feedback, so....yeah

I fly K'Luth. I do not like that they have so many dreads that are just down right good.

Cruciform: Able to come in and cloud a shield under, hit dictor and troops. Seldom has to worry about planet defense, and sometimes even plats. Can out-spam plats most of the time if done right.

Harbinger: A Nightshade with command mods, basically. Under utilized atm.

Wyvern: Mines spam is just awesome!

Nemesis: Mine spam is just awesome!

Scandent: Mine spam is awesome! (10 mines on that puppy!)

fact is, there is not 1 bad, weak dread in the bunch. Its too much for luth to have, alongside cloak.

It only takes one smart player to jump in an antennae or veil and you can cover your dread wings very nicely. Its just too dread heavy on our side here.

Its not the ships. Its not the cloak. Its not the EWAR, its ALL of them together that give the K'Luth so much of an advantage in dreads that tbh, there isnt really any reason to fly virtually any other ship.

I don't know how to say it right, I know. Im not saying I think what I am trying to, I guess because I cant think of any suggestion to change it (other than give cloak an actual timer which will cause way too much omgwtfwtfwtf!!!!11111one). I just know that there is a very valid arguement from the other sides about the strengths of K'Luth in the dreadnaught areas.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-19 11:48   
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 10:46, Azreal wrote:
fact is, there is not 1 bad, weak dread in the bunch.

Then we did our job right when writing ship layouts. That was the whole objective: to eliminate ships that were universally regarded as "bad" or "weak".

Email Jim Starluck
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-19 13:06   
So K'LuthSpace is ok being DreadSpace then.....?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-19 13:52   
I think the issue is that k'luth will always gravitate towards whatever gives them the most damage irregardless of maneuverability because of cloak. So dreadspace.

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-11-19 14:51   
Honestly, I've seen FAR more K'luth players in cruisers than I have in Dreads. And the Dreads I do see die fairly easily. Yes, K'luth have a number of good dread options but from my my experience it's hardly dreadspace, especially since they have just as many good Cruiser options (Thorax, Naga and Scythe be mad good yo.)

Email Walrus of Apathy
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-19 14:59   
I think its more of an issue that despite the energy drain and the damage to the cloaking device itself, its otherwise ineffective at actually deterring Kluth since cloak doesn't actually break enough to pose a risk for the player.

And as for the energy drain, there is always ELF.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-19 15:06   
I've been listening to devs(who prefer to ignore players) and their reasons for it and thus trying to play all factions to get a better viewpoint on the game.

I'm not sure if K'luth dreads as they are now are an issue. As ent said, while nothing is a real deterrant to the use of cloak(ECCM never really breaks it) the combination of dread level maneuverability and cruiser level protection(relative to ugto) makes K'luth dreads easy to kill.

The scandent's only weapons are mines, and compared to a normal tier 1 dread, it loses 2 plates.(mines + luth debuff)

The wyvern's armor is extremely thin as it loses 3 plates compared to a tier 1.(tier2,luth,mines)

Cruciforms do have an advantage and changes should be made, in my opinion. It has the same capability as the other faction bombers, plus a cloak to allow easy escape from a dictor field when hostiles show up.

Most of all, I think Luth dreads are easily countered by using cruisers - something that's always crucial for K'luth gameplay is (usually) being able to close distance quickly, usually via jump drive. K'luth dreads are sitting ducks against cruisers, which explains their general lack of use in the current 'small ship' meta.

TLDR; K'luth dreads are fine, Cruciform is just a better icc/ugto bomber dread.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-19 22:19   
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 13:06, Azreal wrote:

i mostly use my ravenger dessie when i can

Email Borgie
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-19 23:23   
Quote:
On 2013-11-19 13:06, Azreal wrote:

Haven't seen that many dreads as you've said. If anything, Kluth are employing dreads and cruisers equally.

And from what I've seen, people are complaining more about the cruisers, though I can't fathom why as they're still more fragile. Perhaps the cruisers are proving to be TOO mobile for them to handle.

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-20 12:46   
I am very much liking the new mine system. It seems very fun and I love my new arrestor dessie very much.

Email Alzek15
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-21 13:14   
Most of the K'luth weaknesses are completely or partially offset by other strengths.

The flimsy armor is not so weak as one might say, and is more than made up for by K'Luths far higher average damage output, as well as the very forward oriented layouts which do more damage per point spent, as well as cloak granting them the ability to attack from the best positions and so take less damage. Oh, and the AHR. It's not much, but being able to rep hull on the field is pretty damn powerful.

The high energy demands of the K'Luth are also offset almost entirely.
ELF beams let a beam ship attack for very long if it doesn't go max speed.
ELF Torps bring in a significant amount of energy.
Cannons don't use much energy anyways, so they don't care.
Even when out of energy, Cloak can stay functionally intact for a minute or so, and never break at all if being supplied or in orbit around a depot.

The only significant weakness is the lack of range, and that is only a weakness if you try and have a 1400gu planetary standoff with the ICC who happen to be heavily entrenched with a line station and a couple strike cruisers standing next to it. (That strategy worked out very well)

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-11-21 13:16 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-11-21 18:19   
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 13:14, Fluttershy wrote:
Most of the K'luth weaknesses are completely or partially offset by other strengths.

The flimsy armor is not so weak as one might say, and is more than made up for by K'Luths far higher average damage output, as well as the very forward oriented layouts which do more damage per point spent, as well as cloak granting them the ability to attack from the best positions and so take less damage. Oh, and the AHR. It's not much, but being able to rep hull on the field is pretty damn powerful.

The high energy demands of the K'Luth are also offset almost entirely.
ELF beams let a beam ship attack for very long if it doesn't go max speed.
ELF Torps bring in a significant amount of energy.
Cannons don't use much energy anyways, so they don't care.
Even when out of energy, Cloak can stay functionally intact for a minute or so, and never break at all if being supplied or in orbit around a depot.

The only significant weakness is the lack of range, and that is only a weakness if you try and have a 1400gu planetary standoff with the ICC who happen to be heavily entrenched with a line station and a couple strike cruisers standing next to it. (That strategy worked out very well)

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2013-11-21 13:16 ]

I suppose if someone were to demonstrate through "testing" that these ELF beams and torps helped offset that energy drain, or that the cannons should use more energy that could be a tanglible downside. Personally I am opposed to making the k'luth have to use up anymore energy on the cloak. However, if anyone wants to demonstrate through a test instead of our speculations here that might convince someone, somewhere to change something.

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-21 22:57   
is it possbale at some point to remap the mine key from "b" to another key, its too close my cloak key and i have fat fingers

Email Borgie
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-21 23:24   
Quote:
On 2013-11-21 22:57, Borgie wrote:
is it possbale at some point to remap the mine key from "b" to another key, its too close my cloak key and i have fat fingers

Can't you just assign mines to a # key?

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-11-21 23:51   
yes, but i find it easier to hit the B key since the wyvern only has cannons. so it makes it easier to turn(lol) using the b and space bar vrs number keys and the arrow keys

Email Borgie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021397 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR