Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Extra Money from Server Costs to Advertise?
 Author Extra Money from Server Costs to Advertise?
[-clamup1995-]
Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-15 11:03   
If it is possible, you could add another bar underneath the Server Costs bar. An advertisement campaign bar? Say save up around $1,000-$10,000 for advertising to get Darkspace on the air. It may take a few years but hey. More people=more money anyone else think this is a good idea?

The Few. The Proud. The K'luth.

For the Horde!

Email [-clamup1995-]
Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2013-11-15 11:33   
If such a thing were to happen, which I highly doubt, I believe the money should go towards actual development of the game rather than wasting it on ads. After 1.7, plenty of people have come back to the game that it's seemingly more alive than it was before, so I don't think we need a larger community with the game in it's current state.

[ This Message was edited by: Cold Death on 2013-11-15 11:33 ]

Rain of Fire [O-XII]
Grand Admiral

From: South of Klaus, 14,000 gu from Insanity and 3,000 from Desperation.
Posted: 2013-11-15 21:23   
Quote:
On 2013-11-15 11:33, Cold Death wrote:
If such a thing were to happen, which I highly doubt, I believe the money should go towards actual development of the game rather than wasting it on ads. After 1.7, plenty of people have come back to the game that it's seemingly more alive than it was before, so I don't think we need a larger community with the game in it's current state.

This. Right here. If there was an option to donate money towards something like hiring out a programmer for overhauling some part of the game (or the website), or even just give the devs some cash, I'd happily do it.

Hell, I'm looking for a job now, but when I do get one I'm certainly going to sink a nice amount of cash into this game.
On 2012-11-06 20:23, Tael wrote:
\"Depends who you asked... Praetorian, KC, a few others, and myself use to sit in the lobby and talk out the game...

Convinced more than one new person initially this was a text game. \"

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-11-17 15:52   
I understand that advertising is costly. But there must be some ways to get the word out to other gaming websites or sci-fi genre websites and fan sites without it costing the earth...

Check this review I found on..
http://www.onrpg.com/games/darkspace/

Sounds good but have all these features been implemented?

"DarkSpace is a Massively Multiplayer Online Game set in the time of space travel and interstellar warfare. The universe has become a tumultuous place in the future of political infighting, economic sanctions and diplomatic posturing. All of the factions have high hostility towards one another with a few outposts staying neutral, at least initially, to determine their best interest.

Players start out as an ensign in the midst of a human civil war intensified by reports of an alien species aggressively spreading its domain throughout the known universe. Beginning with small crafts, you work your way up the ranks toward the ultimate goal of Grand Admiral, capable of commanding capital ships and planning the core strategics of your faction.

In this online universe, hundreds of players come together to forge alliances in a pulse-pounding struggle for mankind’s destiny. Mission goals will vary from pilot to pilot and completed objectives will bring favor to that faction's existence in the galaxy. The fate of the galaxy relies on your coordination with your team. In such an unpredictable universe, objectives will be obtained and rival borders will be pushed back only with teamwork on a massive scale.

Players will need to choose their ships wisely, as each ship type fulfills its own versatile and vital role within the faction. A scout will reveal enemy positions as it lifts the fog of war, while combat-equipped heavy cruisers tear into the enemy forces with relentless speed and force. Planetary invasions are carried out with high-capacity infantry transports, and subsequent security is insured by engineering ships that rebuild and stabilize the planet's buildings.

With all of its influential forces acting as one, the universe of DarkSpace continues to evolve. In the opening moments of gameplay, the dominant factions are human with a mysterious and advanced alien species silently closing in from the galactic rim. In the meantime, neutral and radical bodies with agendas of their own will force players to deal with the circumstances they create within their own borders.

Features:

Featuring 3D accelerated graphics using PaleStar's proprietary Medusa engine!
Command over 18 unique spacecraft and installations from the three warring factions!
Dynamic stereo rendered environmental sound, ranging from the crackling hum of alien particle beams splitting 5-kilometer capital ships in half to the frantic radio distress calls from allied ships on the verge of destruction!
Massive planets, asteroid fields, orbiting moons, brilliant stars, wormholes, and black holes rendered in beautiful detail!
Real time particle systems showing ship damage, torpedo impacts, nebulas and various other gorgeous effects will startle the senses!
Players subscribe and participate in massively multiplayer world shattering campaigns, receive dynamic content updates of new ship types, new races, technology, and strategies that will make the game virtually replayable.
Global Ranking boards keep an active career report on players: tracking ranks, achievements, kills, campaign wins and a host of other statistics and accolades, such as Merit badges, medals and commendations. Subscribing members only!
Team play capability supporting anywhere from 1 on 1 skirmishes to an all out 200-player grand scale war with a full host of capital ships, frigates, interceptors, multi-atmospheric bomber squadrons, orbiting battle platforms, stealth craft, marines boarding ships and assaulting planets. Zero- G commando units and over 25 unique weapons systems with each faction having its own specialized weapons!
Use the intuitive command system to send orders to subordinates, allowing player-to-player communications with a click of the mouse. View your ship status from the Engineering window, setting repair priorities and viewing the state of ship's systems and weapons!
The game play supports a variety of skill levels. New players will be commissioned on a smaller, less complicated craft learning how to handle basic tasks and eventually gaining prestige and rank to take on more responsibility and command!
Various victory conditions in different scenarios will challenge even the most skilled players allowing a multitude of strategies and attacks. Intuitive control allows players to set waypoints, pre-plot hyperspace travel routes, and move fluidly through the universe!
The Fog of War requires stealth and scouting to know the enemy's location and win the battle. Spies can raid enemy installations and gather valuable intelligence on fleet locations and technology. Spy drones can be attached to enemy ships to intercept valuable enemy communications!
Over 49 types of versatile starship enhancements, ensuring each player becomes a vital team-member!"
Author Unknown - year of this post unknown

The problem is Darkspace only really begins to pop up on goog searches once you type in the actual name of the game, which new players looking for a new game to play won't know yet and might end up playing 'E**' or 'DarkO***t' or other such space-junk instead when DS would be their game of choice if only they were aware of it. The profile of DS should be raised using topical if cheesy keywords such as 'best space mmo mmorpg action rts war game free subscribe new version darkspace' etc using whichever words are most relevant in all promotional locations, video websites and gaming review sites where info on DS is contained. Many mmo websites plug each other's games and probably keep out would be competitors but I agree with clamup that something should be done to get some new players other than relying on us and our word of mouth networks. In my humble opinion of course.

[ This Message was edited by: Orkan [OO-XI] on 2013-11-17 16:15 ]

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Page created in 0.009530 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR