Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » [Suggestion] New fleet levels.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author [Suggestion] New fleet levels.
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-27 11:17   
I really, really like the whole premise of fleet levels. I would love to see this expanded further. Here are my suggestions for future ranks. I have broken it up by potential Credit cost and level rewards.

[10000 Credits]
Level 3 - Fleets now earn Contribution. Contribution can be spent to buy temporary fleet-wide buffs. Contribution is earned by members earning prestige while within' the fleet. Values would be 1 Prestige is 1 Contribution.

You can only have one buff per level tier. Each buff would be the current in-game version of a 'limited' (1%) enhancement. This would NOT exceed any current or future enhancement stacking limitations.

Lastly, fleets will now have the option to convert fleet credits to Contribution. 1 credit = 100 Contribution.

[5000 Credits]
Level 4 - Engine Tuner, Engine Booster and Maneuevering Jets.
[2500 Contribution]

[5000 Credits]
Level 5 - Signal Modulator, Signal Amplifier and Signal Dynamo.
[2500 Contribution]

[5000 Credits]
Level 6 - Stealth Module and Upgraded Build Drones.
[2500 Contribution]

[5000 Credits]
Level 7 - Beam Condenser, Beam Multiplexer and Beam Accelerator.
[3500 Contribution]

[5000 Credits]
Level 8 - Weapon Rack, Weapon Cooler and Beam Cooler.
[3500 Contribution]

[5000 Credits]
Level 9 - Defense Upgrade and Defense Power.
[5000 Contribution]

[5000 Credits]
Level 10 - Weapon Condenser, Weapon Multiplexer and Weapon Accelerator.
[5000 Contribution]

[10000 Credits]
Level 11 - 1% Prestige boost to all members.
[10000 Contribution]

[10000 Credits]
Level 12 - Fleet Insignia is now shown on all ships.

[15000 Credits]
Level 13 - Fleets now have multiple promotion options, which will be shown with different highlights on the fleet page. Green is Fleet Leader/Founder - Forum Mod, can recruit, promote to anything.

Purple is an Officer/Commander - Forum Mod, can recruit, promote to anything below themselves.

Orange is a Recruiter/Forum mod - Forum mod and can recruit.

Yellow, Blue and Pink - Have no specific rights, they just allow fleets to have more personal customization and create squadrons, ranks or whatever people come up with.

[20000 Credits]
Level 14 - Fleet storage. Fleet members can deposit enhancements or resources from personal storage to fleet storage to share and take as they please.

---
I'd really like to hear what people think and I'll go over real quick about why I have laid it out the way I have.

1.) I tried to make 'less desirable' enhancements easier to obtain and cheaper so we would have a constant feel of progression fleet level-wise.

2.) I wanted to group 'more desirable' enhancements together so you feel like you may havr a tougher choice on what you want to get.

3.) Credit costs I tried to base on desirability and effort it would take the staff to do these things. Plus you only need to buy each level once.

Anyway, I apologize for any bad grammar, spelling or any clumpiness. I'm on my break at work right now.. which ended 15 minutes ago.. so I should get back to it.

Let me know what you think everyone.

Jack, feel free to bring me back to reality on if any/all of this is within' a reasonable possibility for you guys.

Thanks.
[ This Message was edited by: AdmiralChaos *FL* on 2013-10-27 11:27 ]
And bury you with honesty.

I'll make all your dreams come to life,
And slay them as quickly as they came.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-27 11:28   
Added one more level I left out.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-27 15:38   
I doubt we'll ever see stat boosts from fleet levels as that would firmly slant things toward bigger fleets and leave smaller ones out in the cold.

What I could see working would be things like 1 or 2 extra garage slots for being in a fleet (not enough to be competitive with the subscriber bonus but enough to make up for being faction locked and losing out on ship slots for the other two), or the fleet decals on ships like has been discussed as a possibility. Personally I'd like to see fleet owned planets make a return with an actual point beyond just having a fleet tag attached to it.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-27 19:00   
Could always limit how many buffs you can have at once even more so smaller fleets don't fall behind. Even so though, 1% isn't really make or break.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-27 19:42   
I would love having a shared fleet stash. Would certainly give me a better place to put my spare improved/enchanced enchancement instead of the airlock.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-10-27 21:00   
Fleet stash is an interesting idea...

Admiral Valeor Tackle
Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-28 05:59   
Quote:
On 2013-10-28 05:59, Admiral Valeor Tackle wrote:
[10000 Credits]
Level 12 - Fleet Insignia is now shown on all ships.

Sounds cool.

[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Valeor Tackle on 2013-10-28 06:01 ]

Pleasse do not cry

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-10-28 06:36   
contribution seems easy to earn. 25 credits for 2500 contribution, or equivalently a few hour's work by 5 fleet members.

a better conversion rate might be 1 credit for 1 contribution or 10 prestige for 1 contribution.

about multiple fleet ranks, i personally felt its best that a fleet handle it's work/trust distribution within itself. the outside world should only know that players A,B,C are fleet admins and they should be contacted either directly or through fleet members X,Y,Z for recruitment etc. once general consensus is reached in the fleet, only 1 click by a fleet admin is needed for recruiting new guys. same with handling forums.

about planets, how about an incentive for holding planets?
for holding 3N planets, you get an extra 1% of stat boosts as given in the contribution schematics. so, 3 planets give an extra 1% engine boosts, 6 planets give sensor boosts and so on.

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-28 07:20   
Quote:
On 2013-10-28 06:36, Forger of Destiny wrote:
contribution seems easy to earn. 25 credits for 2500 contribution, or equivalently a few hour's work by 5 fleet members.

a better conversion rate might be 1 credit for 1 contribution or 10 prestige for 1 contribution.

about multiple fleet ranks, i personally felt its best that a fleet handle it's work/trust distribution within itself. the outside world should only know that players A,B,C are fleet admins and they should be contacted either directly or through fleet members X,Y,Z for recruitment etc. once general consensus is reached in the fleet, only 1 click by a fleet admin is needed for recruiting new guys. same with handling forums.

about planets, how about an incentive for holding planets?
for holding 3N planets, you get an extra 1% of stat boosts as given in the contribution schematics. so, 3 planets give an extra 1% engine boosts, 6 planets give sensor boosts and so on.

Well from the outline I made it would cost 35400 Contribution a day to run max buffs. At least right now, I don't see many if any fleets earning that much prestige a day.

The Credit to Contribution conversion rate can be whatever really. Its hard to price that out, you can either figure out worth to value and make it less for more or use it to more support the game.

As for the ranks, ideally you would have the option to display ranks to everyone or just within' fleet. (Like how you can see recruit/promote only in your fleet)

I'd love to see fleet planets have a role, I just think it would be hard to really do it. Because all you have to do now to make sure the planet is yours is either bring more of your guys or just build a ton of plats. Perhaps they could start a bit slower and make fleet planets offer fleet discounts. Like ships are cheaper to build and transfer. You require 15% less resources to build structures.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-28 08:24   
i can see the value of a fleet stash where people can share enhancements. Top players who buy/find everything they need can ditch their extra standards and up in the fleet stash for the lower ranking members, sure gives a sense of being a team more.

i dont like statistics boost in any for or way,outside of the current system of enhancements. An OP fleet (spent 20K credits on an äll members get +8% engine speed, manoeverability, thrust, range, dmg etc. )who bombed its own home system with an alt then recaps to claim all the planets the enemy is unlikely to reach any time soon, becomes even more OP that way. the enhancement system was limited to 48% in its early days to make sure a fair fight can still happen. Hence the new changes in 1.7 that limit max boost even more.

fleet insignia's on the ship itself: i dont think placing it on a costum location is very easy to code, requires coding the interface for that first, ripped from the garage window prolly. I can see how after becoming fleet level 5 or higher, automatically places a fleet badge on the sides of each ship that is spawned. would require kenny marking each model with a surface area and someone who writes a code that resize and auto-paste a certain fleet insignia from the fleet page, onto the marked area of the ship.

Some good idea's

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-28 14:08   
The day when we can wear fleet colors on our ships, is the day I'm sold on one.

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-28 14:33   
may i ask what the looooong term dev plan for fleet levels was/is?

AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-10-28 17:51   
hm. cant find the delete buttan.. >>
[ This Message was edited by: AdmiralChaos *FL* on 2013-10-28 18:02 ]

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-10-31 21:56   
Fleet stash = Great idea

Fleet planets contributing something (balance issues with bonus enhancements so reduction in resources needed for transfer costs etc prefered) = Great idea

Fleet Logos on ships as well as a smaller space for graphical/textual personal signatures = That would be great if possible to implement.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
AdmiralChaos
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-11-02 20:45   
Most of this idea is available in most MMO's. I never said any of this was orginal bud.

[ This Message was edited by: AdmiralChaos *FL* on 2013-11-02 20:45 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023144 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR