Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Guide to ICC Dreads - 1.700 (WiP)
 Author Guide to ICC Dreads - 1.700 (WiP)
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-10-19 16:21   
So with 1.700 everyone's gotta an assortment of dreadnoughts, for every role imaginable.
This is havoc, as some of them could be called gimmicky.
So I aim to find the gems, and try and give purpose to the one's that are a little lacking.

I'll begin with a ship that maybe only 5 people will probably have access to on ICC, even less may use it.

-=M-420C/L-S Strike Carrier=- **Tier 3 Dread– Chief Marshal w/ Platinum Star + Silver Privateer**

- Stealth/Gunship/Carrier
- 14 Heavy Railguns – 6 Frontally, 8 Broadside and 4 on the Aft. (Same as on a Combat Dread)
- 6 Fighter slots
- 8 changeable EWAR Slots, potentially giving -24 to your signature if used for Local ECM. Going at 19.6gu/s will still give you -1.2 Signature. (With Stealth module at least)
- At 15 gu/s with local ecm running energy will drop very slowly – 1 energy every 3 seconds.
- Can launch fighters maintaining under 0 signature at 0gu/s
- As a Carrier can preform all sort of roles - PDing for a fleet.
- Generally very efficient energy wise, similar to the old combat dread.
- No armour, pure shields
- Unique and offers interesting playstyles.
- Mostly a Lonewolf unless paired with more Strike Carriers
- 4 PD lasers, not a lot, but hopefully not needed.
- Fighters feel like they don’t do a lot of damage, the planetary bombers may be the exception.

--Roles--

~Stealth Bomber~
This ship can hide itself (As can half the bloody ships in the game it feels like) as a dread class ship. It can launch fighters at 0gu/s and stay stealthed. It can load planetary bombers….
I think you can see where I’m going with this, choose any distance you feel safe with bombing from, send your bombers and watch the planet pop drop, your allies can then swoop in and take the crippled planet. 6 bombers are enough for this.
The stealth on the ship is so good in-between fighter recharges and at 0gu/s that an enemy ship (K’luth dread in my example) at 700gu won’t be able to target you, and can miss you completely and pass on by.

~Basic Support from any Distance~
The ship can launch fighters from up to 24000gu away. (F29’s) and has 14 Heavy Railguns to use at 1200gu, but it is merely a support, the overall damage output from the rails isn’t exceptional and you don’t seem to have the armour to withstand any kind of attack from assault cruisers and up.
I haven’t toyed round with 50% extra defence but I’d at a guess say it might make you last an extra 15-20 seconds. Prefer speed boost so in close combat at under 2000gu I can maintain or create distance with dreads and stations fairly fast and stop cruisers running circles round me. As a dread the acceleration and turning is horrible (Odd with no armour imo, but I haven’t compared them to uggie dreads or other ICC dreads). Thus entering combat at max speed is recommended and with the efficient energy on this ship, you’ll have energy throughout any engagement. Using ecm in this type of combat is useless though, save it for running away and cloaking. In my opinion using a gauss cannon or a rail gun won’t matter, they seem like the same gun in terms of stats but the gauss has 300 more range and faster velocity. The Railgun sends out sustained damage whereas the gauss is in a burst, Gauss may be viable. You can also provide PD for a fleet with 6 interceptors, your a CM you don't need prestige...

--Finishing Statement--
It’s a ship with a niche, probably why it’s one of the 3 hardest ships to obtain. It’s not the glass cannon type that I thought it might be initially as the damage output is one of the weakest for a dread. But it’s the most unique out of all the T3 dreads, the ability to remain stealthed on the field in a dread while launching support from afar can not only be used to bomb safely and undetected. That’s probably its strongest role, softening up planets for a cap and getting slow but steady damage, if the ship it’s attacking doesn't have long range PD.
Two of these working with eachother can bring a planet to it's knees and may be able to harass effectively a dread from afar.

Work in Progress, will hopefully add more.
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2013-10-19 16:45 ]

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-10-19 17:13   
Personally speaking I was actually able to give walrus a great deal of trouble with this ship simply because of the detection radius being 360 for dreads. Also I would note that the gauss guns can disintegrate the side arch of a k'luth ship if all of them connect at once. As for railguns those can also but they are a bit slower imo. It's not a bad ship and it's certainly the most unique of the T3 dreadnoughts. I actually found that modifying the ship with 3 signal amplifiers and 5 range mods made it so that the gauss guns could shoot out at around 1900. Which is a respectable distance that can cause some trouble with being seen. Especially if there are other ships engaging at close range. Utilize the ship with an ecm or a speed scout to highlight targets and you would have a potent combination. Nice thoughts

-Sheraton

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

Altodar
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-19 17:20   
When doing bombing, you can order your bombers to go up to a planet from a different direction than where you are.
When the enemy tries to trace the fighters/bombers back to the source, you'll be possibly 1-2k off and in a good position to start laying down some long range hurt.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-10-19 20:17   
Quote:
On 2013-10-19 17:20, Altodar wrote:
When doing bombing, you can order your bombers to go up to a planet from a different direction than where you are.
When the enemy tries to trace the fighters/bombers back to the source, you'll be possibly 1-2k off and in a good position to start laying down some long range hurt.

expanding on that, when bombing a cluster, bomb one planet then switch target to another so the bombers bounce between them bombing both. Efficiency!

Page created in 0.016525 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR