Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Scenario map "Securing the Flank", 61 Cyg-A system
 Author Scenario map "Securing the Flank", 61 Cyg-A system
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-15 13:25   
Boonie 1 is still way too close to Dhao, new players who build a SY on Boonie 1 don't realize people often get killed by spawning into Dhao when they pull a ship there. Moving Boonie 1 further away from Dhao will solve the problem.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2013-06-15 19:17   
boonie 1's always been like that, ahaza's also been a real tight squeeze as well.

im disinclined to move it, view it as a live & learn experiance. also, not every planet is suitable for putting a shipyard on, id suggest it's better that more experianced players help educate the new players re: construction rather that create situations where thinking isnt required.

you're not likely to run into another planet trying to orbit it, that's far enough away.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-16 02:16   
I prefer keeping it as it is. A special one that worth existing.

Frankly, we need more situation with planet. I like this one: it teaches you that you can't always do everything you want with planet. You also have to direct camera when bombing this one.

Keep it as people learn from it. This is not a bug, it's a lesson.

From a player point, I would love if we have more special planet like this one. Like the old Ice planet with many asteroid around, if you spawn anything bigger than destroyer, you're done.

In 1.7, hope there will be more Nebula, Sun, flying inferno, moon, asteroid field to make DS a true universe.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2013-06-16 10:34   
just a small observation

ships that spawn out of a shipyard are placed in an orbit whose radius is much larger (as much as 20%) than the standard orbital radius.

is this intended?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-06-16 11:25   
Never said anything about a bug. There was a SY up on Boonie 1 when I joined in a scen match last night and I was reminded of a friend who had this happen when I got him to try the game last year, he messaged me about it over AIM afterward and the conversation ended with him saying something to the effect of "It's just bad design if a game will allow you to spawn inside an object and instagib yourself" and uninstalling.

If we're trying to retain players things like this aren't very conducive to it. Most people will not see it as a learning experience because there is virtually no way of finding out about things like this ahead of time, and quite honestly it goes against common sense. If I'd had this happen to me as a new player and I got this kind of response I'd have wondered how many similar situations I might run into, then probably would have moved on to other games myself.

Kesari
Vice Admiral
My Little Pony

Posted: 2013-06-16 14:25   
I'm honestly kind of astonished what passes for "perfectly acceptable game mechanics" around here.

Almost quit the game myself when this happened to me.
You mean the game doesn't even check if a spawn location is clear before putting you there?
This is a pretty significant issue if it causes players in a dread or station to die... ouch. At least by that rank the player may know not to risk using that SY.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-06-16 14:58   
Quote:
On 2013-06-16 14:25, Kesari wrote:
I'm honestly kind of astonished what passes for "perfectly acceptable game mechanics" around here.

Almost quit the game myself when this happened to me.
You mean the game doesn't even check if a spawn location is clear before putting you there?
This is a pretty significant issue if it causes players in a dread or station to die... ouch. At least by that rank the player may know not to risk using that SY.

Just as well you're not a developer then!

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2013-06-16 18:34   
Kids these days..

Anyways, this has been an accepted thing for a long time. You'll either learn not to spawn there, or not to place a shipyard there. That or you'll have to enjoy the whole losing prestige thing.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-06-16 20:11   
Quote:
On 2013-06-15 19:17, Doran wrote:
boonie 1's always been like that, ahaza's also been a real tight squeeze as well.

im disinclined to move it, view it as a live & learn experiance. also, not every planet is suitable for putting a shipyard on, id suggest it's better that more experianced players help educate the new players re: construction rather that create situations where thinking isnt required.

you're not likely to run into another planet trying to orbit it, that's far enough away.

Quote:
On 2013-06-16 18:34, Crimrob wrote:
Kids these days..

Anyways, this has been an accepted thing for a long time. You'll either learn not to spawn there, or not to place a shipyard there. That or you'll have to enjoy the whole losing prestige thing.

Okay then, nuff said.

Email Challenger
Page created in 0.016608 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR