No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Controlling AI ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Controlling AI ships
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-13 03:47   
I seen AI ships follow and assist players. How do you control them. I could not find this.

Email Flyer
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-05-13 05:04   
You can only control AI you purchase via enhancements.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2013-05-13 10:16   
and when its killed, its gone.
this just pooped up in my head while reading this:
buying 'ally' ship would give you control over the ship from already existing ai fleet, renaming ship in the manner it indicated that is under players control.
-if ship gets destroyed another one is assinged.
-if ship isnt in existing ai fleet its spawned at sy or gate
-control of ship would last for...i dunno...10...15 minutes.
-limit of controled ships 3 or 2 so it cant be spammed. since having destroyed ships replaced is massive advantage.

name of such enh could be 'ship type' control module or something fancy like that.

i know, coding and all that, no time. just the idea. i forget things if i dont write them somewhere....poops in head and stuff ya know...

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-13 11:04   
AI enhancement is one time enhancement. The AI will disappear when you log.

For one time using, the price is a bit expensive.

Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-13 14:07   
Ok, so no direct control over AI ships. Is there a way to influence their behaviour. Why do they sometimes join up with players?

Email Flyer
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-05-13 14:22   
When you send a 'distress' call one AI ship joins you per call. I assume that they stay with you until they receive another 'distress' call from another ai, planet or player. Then they leave and attend the next distress. I am unaware of the max number of ships that will join you - does anyone else know this?

When you buy ALLY's you get a random ship of the class you purchased with credits, they seem to stay with you until they get destroyed. There is currently a limit of 4 ALLY's per player.

There used to be a direct command system where you could issue orders to ai and players on the navigation 'map' screen. I have heard that this has been removed but i still occaisionally see the ability to issue orders. Was this rank based? ie could you only issue orders to those below your rank?

A more refined command system for greater strategic and tactical control of the whole faction fleet, both ai and player based would in my opinion be very welcome.

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Taelon
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-13 14:24   
there was a command to control ai yes, but it has been removed because of abuse and misuse of it, the order thing that you see now are to players below your rank, all it does is send a message mothing more than that

Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-13 14:31   
I always wondered what the purpose of that is? It's not like I have ever seen it used to any great effect in the game. If players recieved some form of reward for doing what higher ranked players told them to then I could understand its inclusion but as it stands the entire thing just seems like a way to issue commands that are less clear than verbal or typed ones. I can order someone to attack a planet but that is an incredibly vague command to someone who knows nothing. Should they bomb the interdictor base? the shield generator? the power stations? Barracks?

As it is currently implemented I find ordering people with the ingame command function to be less reliable than telling them what I would like them to do.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2013-05-13 14:35   
I think ai should only respond to planet and other ai distress calls and should ignore player distress calls. It is still too easy to raise an ai army, and too often battles are decided by who has the most ai.

IMO, I absolutely hate ai and if it were up to me I would remove them from game, but it isn't up to me and the fact that ai are needed and without them this game would be empty. It's just you can still abuse them, but not near as bad as it was before.

Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-05-13 14:54   
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 14:31, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
I always wondered what the purpose of that is? It's not like I have ever seen it used to any great effect in the game. If players recieved some form of reward for doing what higher ranked players told them to then I could understand its inclusion but as it stands the entire thing just seems like a way to issue commands that are less clear than verbal or typed ones. I can order someone to attack a planet but that is an incredibly vague command to someone who knows nothing. Should they bomb the interdictor base? the shield generator? the power stations? Barracks?

As it is currently implemented I find ordering people with the ingame command function to be less reliable than telling them what I would like them to do.

I agree with the above perhaps there should be some form of prestige gain for issuing and following orders. The system would need some kinda interface because as Sheraton rightly points out communication via these 'click' orders, though accompanied by a pleasant sound effect, are more like text messages versus phone conversations namely you can issue the order but you cannot define too many variables and you cannot receive a confirmation of comprehension whereas in the in game chat you can define all of the variables and receive a confirmation of comprehension eg 'rgr' that your order has been understood.

Cooperation is the name of this game and even though we are very independently minded as a community with some even anarchistic elements (you know who you guys n gals are! : ) ) orders and a chain of command are a great way of getting things done effectively and efficiently. A good command system is quicker than typing it all out and relying on in-game slang that not all players, especially new ones, are familiar with (eg Dico - interdictor also sometimes 'Dictor', SY- Shipyard, SG - shield generator and so on)

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2013-05-13 20:43   

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Email Borgie
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-14 01:08   
Quote:
On 2013-05-13 14:35, -xTc-.xisT *XO* wrote:
I think ai should only respond to planet and other ai distress calls and should ignore player distress calls. It is still too easy to raise an ai army, and too often battles are decided by who has the most ai.

IMO, I absolutely hate ai and if it were up to me I would remove them from game, but it isn't up to me and the fact that ai are needed and without them this game would be empty. It's just you can still abuse them, but not near as bad as it was before.

So there is a way to use them? Could you please share it because it is not a really level playing field is some know it and others do not.

Email Flyer
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-05-14 01:18   
Erm, with all due respect Admiral Flyer, I believe I answered your post earlier should you wish to refer to it you shall have your answer. If however you are too impatient to read the text I shall repeat it here for your convenience. Make a distress call by pressing the 'Distress' button to the lower left hand hand side of your screen. This brings ai to your assistance.

Merci. : )

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Flyer
Admiral

Posted: 2013-05-14 01:22   
Quote:
On 2013-05-14 01:18, Orkan ORP wrote:
Erm, with all due respect Admiral Flyer, I believe I answered your post earlier should you wish to refer to it you shall have your answer. If however you are too impatient to read the text I shall repeat it here for your convenience. Make a distress call by pressing the 'Distress' button to the lower left hand hand side of your screen. This brings ai to your assistance.

Merci. : )

Sorry I was misled by the message after yours:
"there was a command to control ai yes, but it has been removed because of abuse and misuse of it, the order thing that you see now are to players below your rank, all it does is send a message mothing more than that"

And I thoughed that this referred also to your message and that therefor the distress was no longer working. But now it is clear to me. Thank you for your info and answer.

Email Flyer
Orkan [OO-XII]
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-05-14 01:32   

: )

All's well that end's well!

Email Orkan [OO-XII]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029693 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR