Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Seperate servers for Planet and Ship based calculations?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Seperate servers for Planet and Ship based calculations?
Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2013-01-31 05:29   
ima just copy-pasta this from what i just wrote on another topic this seems like more suitable location

Quote:
ok everyone i kind of had an sudden realisation of somthing but first your video related configuration and hardware wont affect your latency "lag" but something else your FPS will be similar to lag in its effect but not the same thing... now after reading some information provided by devs about how the server works and commuicates i thought to yself maybe something else entirely is causing these "lag spikes" because truth be told is the server was as bad as ive initially argued it would lag pretty much the same consistantly depending on server load now after reading the current server bever goes anything over 70% lby normal means this made me realise the lag spikes must be a result of something else now i did read that if u could rapidly spawn ais this would induce heavy lag now because i dont understand how the client side communicates with the server side i cannot be sure but if i where somehow able to hex edit my current client into running or executing commands such as as call or updating ship location much more rapidly then a cooldown allows would this confuse the server side and force it to execute whatever it is i attempted to spam on client side faster than allowed would this not cause a lag spike if i for instance suddenly sent like 20 ship location updates within a second or two to the server would this cause a spike for a second or so? could this be checked id assist in testing as i can hex edit myself but if it may ease my paranoia of certain players and help reduce the problem ill spill all my beans on what i know and what can be done...

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.008380 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR