Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Server Costs Meter & Expanding on this idea.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Server Costs Meter & Expanding on this idea.
Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2013-01-29 03:55   
i think this is a brilliant idea and its a good thing but problem is and i did read this from other posters on the original threat is that others may be deterred from donating/subscribing if they see the game doesnt need it so i think we should have maybe another bar that begins when the server costs are met for the month and maybe give people the chance to donate/subscribe for things maybe like server upgrades and things like this because i do get frustrated myself with the current servers and i do understand why it aint cheap for starters so maybe some other people would have suggestions for others things we could aim for once monthly target is met

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-01-29 06:16   
We already use high-grade servers. There's not much upgrading we can do, DarkSpace is just a very, very CPU-heavy server process requirement.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2013-01-29 06:25   
We had already talked about holding events with rewards for people who continue to donate and sub after monthly expenses are met. Just gotta pimg some ideas around is all.

Email UnknownWarrior
Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-01-29 08:09   
Great idea. Extra money could be used for advertising

Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2013-01-29 08:39   
i agree somewhat maybe in the small scale wouldnt really do much such as ram pgrades cpus, ram drives etc etc but as with time not everything is compatible upgrade wise but perhaps an entire new dedicated server/s thus would not be reachable in a month but perhaps for the long time maybe have a vote and throw a few ideas out with some polls on what people would be inclined to give their support for and find something with a mutual interest of all or the majority o.O may i suggest a monthly poll on what features inprovements people would most likely be interested in as its hard to find something to please people when reading each individual post and ideas they have so a poll would help define whats going to make the people happy thus obviously mean more attention to DS i realise you have already put drastic changesinto place already and have most likely considered this or do/plan to do something similar...i just think DS is capable of alot and it doesnt get the credit or attention it deserves
that means you Devs and staff xD
neways Polls excite Poles

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-29 09:34   
Quote:

On 2013-01-29 08:09, Abbot wrote:
Great idea. Extra money could be used for advertising

I really don't think they make enough money to do any serious effective advertising. It gets very expensive very fast.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-29 09:41   
Use some of the extra money to pay the devs? It's not easy putting up with all the grief some of us give them but they stick around regardless.

Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2013-01-29 09:51   
iF any of you remember Guyton he and I (mostly Him i just did the logistics for it) DS trailers and Fleet Trailers. He had an offer from Google but didnt have the time or money to go with it. I could grab that quote form him if the Admins would be ok with it. Advertiseing is probably the best way to get the word out about DS.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-29 10:04   
Quote:

On 2013-01-29 09:41, Talien wrote:
Use some of the extra money to pay the devs? It's not easy putting up with all the grief some of us give them but they stick around regardless.

But if you pay me than I'll have to pretend I do something worth being paid for...

Email Walrus of Apathy
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-29 10:59   
Quote:

On 2013-01-29 10:04, Walrus of Apathy wrote:
But if you pay me than I'll have to pretend I do something worth being paid for...

You haven't done anything grief worthy yet, you have not had your trial by fire.

Abbot
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2013-01-29 12:35   
Quote:

On 2013-01-29 09:41, Talien wrote:

Hahahaha are you crazy? They dont put up with any grief - they just lock threads and ban people. Even i can do that......and i dont need paying.

Maybe something like a yearly target rather than monthly. That way more cash could be built up

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-29 14:16   
Developers do not really lock threads and are unable to ban/kick people. That is what green and white shirts do.

Email Challenger
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2013-01-29 14:57   
I wouldn't bother advertising the game unless it has something that would keep the majority of players hooked. It had me for a while, because I like games with a steep learning curve, but the lag deaths + death penalty just made me quit.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-01-29 16:39   
Quote:

On 2013-01-29 14:57, Fluttershy wrote:
I wouldn't bother advertising the game unless it has something that would keep the majority of players hooked. It had me for a while, because I like games with a steep learning curve, but the lag deaths + death penalty just made me quit.

What death penality?

It's so pathetic we might as well call it the death peanuts.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-29 19:28   
death penalty = loss of prestige when you die?

If so that is how it has always been, even when you first signed on so you knew what you were getting into. The lag deaths have gotten a lot less then in the past and well since nothing in this world is perfect nor any online game lag free 100% of the time I do not see what the issue is.

Email Challenger
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023647 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR