No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Bug Roll-Up
 Author Bug Roll-Up
Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-22 19:19   
It seems like a lot of bugs go unreported to the devs, so I decided to list all of the ones I’ve seen, or heard about. Please post anything I missed and I will update the post.

Pretty Much Confirmed, but may need more reproduction steps:

-Velocity Bug: Sometimes the velocity of your ship does not update to the position the cursor is at. Most likely lag/desync related.

-Interdictor Bug: Sometimes(most/all of the time?) planetary interdictors don't change sides when a planet is captured, continuing to disable the jump drives of the faction that now owns the planet. This used to be easily fixed by enabling/disabling the dictor but since that feature is now
restricted, it can only be fixed by scrapping it.

-Enemy Infantry Bug: Enemy infantry that have boarded no longer show up in your cargo.

-Supply platforms don’t repair and reload: Supply platforms sometimes completely ignore you even if there is nobody else in range. Used to be able to fix it with the command and control system by ordering them to repair you, but that's gone now. Maybe re-enable it for platforms?

-Supply platforms repair but don’t reload completely: Sometimes a supply platform will repair you but won't reload your ammo to full. No idea why this happens.

Partially confirmed needing more information and mild annoyances:

-PSM bug: PSMs have a lot of trouble hitting things at the poles of a planet, which is where most buildings are built.

-Shipyard Spawn Bug: Hasn't happened to me in a long time, but some players still claim it happens.

-Control Import/Export on enemy starports: If you select the starport of an enemy planet you get the import/export controls and can toggle them. No idea if it actually does anything though.

-Docking bug: Sometimes the dock timer goes all the way down and nothing happens.

-Group bug: Sometimes a member of a group gets the circle-esque symbol which indicates someone logged off/docked even though they are still in the game. Seems to happen mostly when the person goes to another server and comes back.

-Battle Stations and Command Stations still show up when the "Target Nearest Supply/Depot" command is used despite them no longer being able to resupply

Misc Bizzare Happenings, i.e. AI weirdness:

-Taking Damage from Invisible Enemies: Sometimes a AI that jumps in won't show up on your screen, and will damage you. This just looks like you are taking damage from an invisible source. Can be sometimes fixed by camming a far away object, or quick logging.

-AI Crash into planets like crazy still: Not sure how easily fixable the pathing is but this still happens extremely often.

-AI Jumping through interdictor fields: Sometimes an ai will jump within 300gu of you even when you are deep inside of a planetary interdictor.

-AI Double Jumping: AI sometimes jump twice in rapid succession.
[ This Message was edited by: Chewy Squirrel on 2013-01-22 21:50 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-23 02:04   
I must say that i died two days ago about the dictor bug. I wasnt even into the dictor field 1070 gu away from the planet , one EAD and mandi start hitting me and when i reached 60 hull tried to jump. Surprise.... i stopped exactly at 1300 gu away from the planet so i practically jumped like 200 gu.
About the infantery heh who wouldnt like to be spread around the planet and not in 1 stack. To bomb all the infatery from the planet best thing is to drop 1 friendly inf on hold to move the other but we know how to do that the question is how is supposed to bomb a planet a new players that want to make bomber points or ranking up.
Supply platform: yes there is a bug about it. Worst thing is to jump 60 secs to a platform and realise after a few minutes that ure not receiving repairs. Best thing is to relog and everything will be fixed.
Wish all could be fixed and we thank you for the wonderful game you made.
Ppl are mad sometimes when they die about this annoying bugs but in the truth is that we love the game and we wouldnt be here after 4 or more years if we didnt. Thank you!

[ This Message was edited by: Flash. on 2013-01-23 02:11 ]

Email *Flash*
+SuperNova+
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-23 06:42   
Its true, many of the bugs Chewy Squirrel highlighted happened to me too especially -Enemy Infantry Bug, -Supply platforms don’t repair and reload and -Docking bug were the most annoying ones.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-23 06:46   
jump distance depends on speed. if you jump while speeding up, server uses the set speed, not the actual speed, to determine how far you end up from target.

you hit v to cloak, nothing happens, energy stays the same, cloaking device stays green,, still getting shot you hit v again after 5 seconds..you see a server message popping up saying cloaking device active, cloaking device inactive.

you try to spawn in saggitarius but it only shows 2 shipyards. So you spawn, then notice there are actually 6 shipyards. so you dock, but still cant select the other shipyards to spawn. So you undock, select the planet with shipyard, go to f3, wait untill the buildings show up on left bar. there is a shipyard in list, but its red for no reason. select it, wait till it becomes white. exit f3. now i can use all shipyards again.

sometimes after loading inf the pods disappear immediatly, they never show up again, but if you wait patiently the infantry will arrive at your ship. while in the meantime u can still hit "L" button to load new inf, they will not respond to this command..since there are alrdy infantry loading pods on their way.

torpedoes deal 0 damage sometimes. You hit a target, its not even moving, flux or proton torpedoes explode, but then 1-2% damage (ead or command dread alpha). only happens on shields combined, various ship classes (from icc scout up to icc AD)

sometimes when repairing a structure, and not finishing it by clicking your build drones, the damage that was repaired before cancelling build drones, gets reinstated. for instance: 70% dmg structure, repair to 25%, cancel drones, structure is 70% damaged again.

starports: you can only stop export by: click cancel export - import gets cancelled. click cancel export again - export gets cancelled. click activate import - import gets activated again.

when you build a platform, for instance a supply platform, it used 3/5K to build the platform so I should have 2K resources left. so you watch bottom left to check resources, in lets say, an engineer. it shows 4x 5K 1x 2K resources, u click on the 2K to drop 2K on the platform u just built, but instead of 2K, 5K gets dropped. It doesnt matter how long u wait for the bottom left cargo status to update.

also i can confirm the list alrdy posted

not that i complain:) i love this game!
[ This Message was edited by: -Rene- on 2013-01-23 16:40 ]

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2013-01-23 08:50   
Supply plats not repairing is tied in with the AI limit. Plats are AI too, so when there's too many active AI they're subject to being disabled just like any other, only they can't move so they don't go to the nearest gate to despawn and just sit there.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-24 17:45   
Docking and the ship you was just using is gone, have to relog to get it back in garage.

PokeYourWaffle
Marshal

Posted: 2013-01-24 18:53   
I heard from Blade that if you undock in the homeserver and then redock the ship that disappeared should be there again. I cannot recall if it worked or not, but it's worth a shot if it happens.

[ This Message was edited by: PokeYourWaffle[Helper] on 2013-01-24 18:53 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-11 06:09   
-Velocity Bug: Sometimes the velocity of your ship does not update to the position the cursor is at. Most likely lag/desync related.

Any news about fixing this next patch?

Email *Flash*
Sheraton*XO*
Chief Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-11 10:13   
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 08:50, Talien wrote:
Supply plats not repairing is tied in with the AI limit. Plats are AI too, so when there's too many active AI they're subject to being disabled just like any other, only they can't move so they don't go to the nearest gate to despawn and just sit there.

I don't know if it is just me but i find a bugfix that works well on ICC is to shoot the platform. On ICC since the shields take the damage the supply plat reps/resup us of the lost ammunition and JD fuel.

Twilit Keel Mountains traversed at last we met a dragon who spoke thus: \"Sheraton am I who interprets the signs.\"

UnknownCode
Fleet Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2013-05-11 19:00   
Quote:
On 2013-05-11 10:13, Sheraton *XO* wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 08:50, Talien wrote:

I don't know if it is just me but i find a bugfix that works well on ICC is to shoot the platform. On ICC since the shields take the damage the supply plat reps/resup us of the lost ammunition and JD fuel.

It's not just you, firing anywhere in space to use ammo forces the plat to resupply it all it seems

Email UnknownCode
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2013-05-12 02:42   
Another trick is to just use some jump drive fuel (jump like 1 gu) and it will then start to repair/resupply you. Not always smart to do in a station or dread though.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2013-05-12 14:22   
Please check supply platforms in beta. I've improved them significantly.

Page created in 0.030301 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR