Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Problems with the community
 Author Problems with the community
Rykros1987
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-12-19 21:22   
I have noticed for some time now that...the rules of the game aren't working very well.

For the most part they work but one problem has been going on for what I hear has....been going on for 8 years? The problem is that ICC and Kluth tend to show hatred torwards ugto in general and at every chance they get they call truces and start ganking ugto as much as they can.

Now some points to be made would be:

1.This ruins the gameplay experience for just about ALL ugto. I don't think theres a single ugto member left that likes to play ugto in general...the idea of it and the strategy...while at the same time actually liking to play it when the kluth and icc are involved. Ask any ugto member about the conditions they have to deal with ingame please. You'll see what I mean.

2.I have yet to see very many new comers that try ugto to actually stay on ugto. It's like 99% stubborn veterans that have too much pride in their dedication to ugto to leave or jump to other factions to avoid the problems associated with playing ugto.(kinda like me but im not a vet )

3.We try to address these issues at times albeit not always in the best ways...*coughtwofacecough* but honestly it feels like the ugto is a very unfriendly faction to newcomers due to the fact that the icc and kluth regularly gank them as a team with superior numbers whenever they can.

Now what I propose is simple. Would fix a problem like this easily. No modifying anything ingame...just change the rules. Right now the rules allow room for abuse amongst the community. Allowing factions to team up against a third faction in the game has lead to people constantly grouping against ugto as much as possible to the point that ugto becomes undesireable to play most of the time. It's a headache more then anything else.

If you fix the rules and enforce them to prevent this behavior and to try and stop hatred amongst groups in this game it would appear to be a much better game like IT IS instead of looking like an old hateful community of vets that try to harass one another all day with 'exploits',crap talk, and constant harassment of the ugto. (not really sure about why ugto is hated so much but I see people saying hateful remarks at times in game torwards ugto in general)

So if the rules could be adjusted to fix this problem it'd be nice.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-19 21:32   
I agree with you 99% mate, coughrykroscough, one simple way of half fixing some of these problems is to have a timer on fleetless players switching factions like the fleet change faction is set to 7 days, but also linking IP addresses (clones) to this timer. It makes sence and only harms those that harm this game.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-19 21:32   
first off i would like to start of by saying that teaming up on one faction with the other 2 is perfectly legal
Quote:
3.3.3 Allegiance
Description: Members of different teams/factions cooperating for mutual prestige gain (IE, build/bomb runs, attack/repair runs, capture/capture runs).
KEEP IN MIND THAT AN ALLIANCE OF 2 SIDES TO ATTACK A 3RD IS PERFECTLY LEGAL!

Why Its an Exploit: Obviously, opposing teams are not meant to cooperate to gain prestige during war time.

second there is a long standing haterd for ugto players in a whole stemming mainly from 1 fleet, and several players who are total jackasses and treat people like crap. so being a new ugto player, your gonna take that brunt by defualt, even more so when that unnamed fleet is playing.

Email Borgie
Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-12-19 21:45   
The 3.3.3 section of the RoC is meant to stop players from opposing sides from cooperating to get prestige, i.e: One side bombs, the other side lets them; then the second side rebuilds, and the first side lets them; then side one bombs again rinse and repeat. That's two sides milking the system and is an exploit. Alliances between 2 sides, as in ICC and K'luth teaming up to attack UGTO in this case, are legal BUT ARE NOT BINDING. That means that these alliances are allowed, but players on the allied sides are not required to honor them, alliances are on a per-player basis. Personally my philosophy is "Red is Dead."

On a personal note, I really think we'd all have a better time if we try to be less serious about everything, this is a game and we are all here to enjoy ourselves.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-12-19 21:45   
WHATTTT????

[ This Message was edited by: Charz on 2012-12-19 21:45 ]

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-19 21:52   
Quote:

On 2012-12-19 21:32, Borgie wrote:
first off i would like to start of by saying that teaming up on one faction with the other 2 is perfectly legal
Quote:
3.3.3 Allegiance
Description: Members of different teams/factions cooperating for mutual prestige gain (IE, build/bomb runs, attack/repair runs, capture/capture runs).
KEEP IN MIND THAT AN ALLIANCE OF 2 SIDES TO ATTACK A 3RD IS PERFECTLY LEGAL!

Why Its an Exploit: Obviously, opposing teams are not meant to cooperate to gain prestige during war time.

second there is a long standing haterd for ugto players in a whole stemming mainly from 1 fleet, and several players who are total jackasses and treat people like crap. so being a new ugto player, your gonna take that brunt by defualt, even more so when that unnamed fleet is playing.

Too make the bull clear, he is talking about RSM, RSM are a nice fleet that are pleasant to others new and old that are pleasant back, its simple human attitude.

Also perfectly legal i agree but also perfectly annoying, ICC are strong enough now to take either faction on without help, kluth also seem to be able to tank alot more making then that little bit les hit and run faction.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-12-19 21:55   
lol

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-19 22:03   
Quote:

On 2012-12-19 21:45, Walrus of Apathy wrote:

I really think we'd all have a better time if we try to be less serious about everything, this is a game .

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-19 22:06   

As mentioned above. Alliances are usually temporary.

It's not just ICC and Kluth vs UGTO. I've seen ICC and UGTO vs Kluth. And vice versa. 2 weaker factions will always team up against the perceived stronger faction.

But that's the fun of it!

I've seen ICC and Kluth team up against UGTO to kick them off a planet, cluster, or a system. Once the uggies get evicted, Kluth and ICC almost always immediately begin backstabbing each other. And UGTO comes back after a good rest and chases the two wounded, warring faction off again.

And so on, so forth.

This is a game. Take all that backstabbing, conniving and pseudo-politics with a pinch of salt. It's all in good fun.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-12-19 22:15   
Keep telling that to the hardcore ugto players lmao..

UGTO havnt teamed with icc/kluth since i can remember....
[ This Message was edited by: *Two Face* on 2012-12-19 22:16 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-19 23:06   
Quote:

On 2012-12-19 22:15, *Two Face* wrote:
Keep telling that to the hardcore ugto players lmao..

UGTO havnt teamed with icc/kluth since i can remember....
[ This Message was edited by: *Two Face* on 2012-12-19 22:16 ]

Then 'hardcore' UGTO playas can continue to QQ or languish in misery at the unfairness of it all. LOL.

As far as I know, there'll always be players on all sides who're willing to team up for a bit of fun every now and then. As long as opposing factions do not pad stats, all's well.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-12-19 23:14   
Merry-go-round.

This happens all the time, and it rotates a lot. Once you've been here long enough, you'll understand this.

However, a lot of people (and this isn't a personal attack - this is just human nature) have difficulty taking the bias out of it and think it's always their faction thats the underdog or being teamed up against.

Most of the time the teaming up is simple a method of coping with population imbalance, and it's something we're fine with. If you guys want to co-operate in destroying an opposing faction then that's fine - but we won't enforce it, and any mutual prestige gain is against the rules.

No good can come of this topic, so I'm going to lock it.

Page created in 0.019170 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR