Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
 Author The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-11-30 00:38   
Sorry for the title, was having a bit of difficulty thinking up what exactly to call this collection of thoughts. At the risk of being the the crazy person in the room and not knowing it, I will attempt to share these thoughts. Thankfully most of which have come during the 2 hours I've been able to play at night. I would devote more time and treasure but the first is scarcer than the latter. With that being said I would like to say a big congratz to the Dev. team. I honestly have been very impressed with what has been done in the last 5 years. I didn't mean to be away this long, but life has an incidious way of making a person grow up. Oh well.. On with the post. The following are a hodgepodge of ideas, hopefully i havent repeated history and I hope that they are fresh.

Category: Ship Enhancements
Nice touch, I like the variety. What I don't like is where they are in the Ship Selection screen. What i mean by this is that I believe they would be better suited to be found in an in game merchant port, outpost station, or ship yard. Maybe even spread out over the MV, low at the kiddie pool end and high at the deep end of the pool. Unique spread out in weird spots or in the MI field zone.

I honestly can't see ever having a need to purchase the "low" end merchandice if there is are limitless high end parts always avalible. Even if I didn't have any credits, assuming I got some.. why the hell would I buy crap parts? What I'm getting at is if you are going to leave the "store" where its at, cut out the low end. If you are thinking of moving it or branching it out (i hope) then I humbly suggest changing the variety and stock. I Would like to see a beta test to give this system a Diablo 2 storage, and the boarderlands random generator for unique parts for sale. Would I pay 20usd for some totally unique item for my dread.. But I fully understand the rub is in how not to unballance the game.

the only way I can see this being a benefit to the buyer, seller and player base is that these truly unique and special items have a special Rare category and be able to be removed from ship to ship. Yes they would retain the hit points factor. I believe a lot of fun could be had (and money for DS) in working to a goal finding amaizing parts to purchase on fresh planet capture deep in MI space would keep many people hunting and searching to find the best for their ships.

I would even go so far as to say that all upgrades should be fitted to hard points on ships. So an enemy can target and shoot those first. This would not destory your improvement, but only disable its effect until repair. Keeping the act of ship destruction as loss of duribillity in the equipment.

The next area I would like to suggest for purchase are Unique/Legendary ships. Now before you telepathically kick me in the butt, please just hear me out. I suggest that there is room for this ship type for destoryers on down. So for example (these #'s are just guesses) UGTO would get a Supply vessel called"Avgar's Mana", this legendary supply ship helped win the battle of Sol in XXXXX, this ship help repair armor at 25% faster rate. This relic can be purchased for 20k. Or the Kluth Raq'TogVa Combat Frigate, 2x the disruptor power. 10k credits, or the ICC Starluck Dessie, Twice the power reserves.. lol idk .. but you get my drift.

Lastly (sorry for the short novel, I'm sure you have better things to attend to.)

AI: Fleet formations

I was watching a video on Youtube with the drone helecoptor flyers, performing a formation. For some reason I was curious to see what a formation or wing of AI Scouts.. like in a Wolf hunting pack could accomplish. Could a hunting pack of ICC wolf scouts take down a UGTO BD that was seperated from the herd?

Thanks for reading.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-12-01 06:12   
the idea behind having low-end stuff in the garage market is that you need to kill atleast 8 ships to get a full set, and because of the randomness of whether you get a minor, limited, standard or no enhancement (not to mention enhs of different bonuses), players with credits get to buy whatever they want.

why is the market IN the garage? there are concerns over players' ships not being able to safely carry a costly enhancement (or any other type of cargo) from any type of space shop to a shipyard. the concern is strengthened because of a not-recent beta bug which allowed cargo to be shot at and destroyed by weapons.

first time i saw a bug like that, but its to stop any kind of game bug from stealing your paid-for enhs. easiest way was setting the shop in garage.

as for ai wings and wolfpacks ... just hope the devs decide to improve and advance the current Ship AI to Terminator AI

Koda
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-12-01 23:02   
Well thats too bad..

I wouldn't mind seeing the AI's volume turned up to 11.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-12-02 11:22   
Quote:

On 2012-12-01 06:12, Mike Paradox wrote:
the idea behind having low-end stuff in the garage market is that you need to kill atleast 8 ships to get a full set, and because of the randomness of whether you get a minor, limited, standard or no enhancement (not to mention enhs of different bonuses), players with credits get to buy whatever they want.

why is the market IN the garage? there are concerns over players' ships not being able to safely carry a costly enhancement (or any other type of cargo) from any type of space shop to a shipyard. the concern is strengthened because of a not-recent beta bug which allowed cargo to be shot at and destroyed by weapons.

first time i saw a bug like that, but its to stop any kind of game bug from stealing your paid-for enhs. easiest way was setting the shop in garage.

Pretty much this. Also because I'd imagine they just wanted to make it simple as possible to buy them since you are paying real money.

As for a few Scouts taking out Dreadnoughts it's entirely possible, I've done it on many occasions with a couple other people. Can AI Scouts do it? Doubtful, as AI is dumb.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2012-12-02 11:22 ]

Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-12-14 01:05   
a big +1 to all that, but let us look at other games for possible ideas, for example; STO has a very robust economy with a decent in-game marketplace, also look at star wars:EAW for a way to make planets revelent. sry about the long post butt i don't post very often, besides who says that other games can't contribute to keeping DS alive and viable.
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-12-14 01:52   
Quote:

On 2012-12-01 23:02, Charz wrote:
Well thats too bad..

I wouldn't mind seeing the AI's volume turned up to 11.

The last time that happened, players QQed about other players amassing AI fleets to cap their planets, burn their houses down, and beat their mamas....

And so, the devs removed the ability to command AIs directly. No more formations for you.

Page created in 0.021702 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR