No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth Transports
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Kluth Transports
Sparkx
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-24 12:10   
Give us a Planet Defence Structure that only targets dropped Enemy infantry. It will be up to each faction what planets they want to put them on and how many... Or, how about a planet base that commands ai fighters or even just a fighter (per base) that orbits the planet and will seek out dropped inf, but stays with in orbit of planet. Kinda like a drone that auto patrols the skys...???

Email Sparkx
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-24 13:59   
Quote:

On 2012-11-24 12:10, Hide wrote:
Give us a Planet Defence Structure that only targets dropped Enemy infantry. It will be up to each faction what planets they want to put them on and how many... Or, how about a planet base that commands ai fighters or even just a fighter (per base) that orbits the planet and will seek out dropped inf, but stays with in orbit of planet. Kinda like a drone that auto patrols the skys...???

Planets used to shoot missile and fighters, but it was removed because it took a high toll on server load.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-24 18:33   
Quote:

On 2012-11-24 11:54, Bladerunner2014 wrote:
I see my tranny rushing while playing kluth is causing conversation...allow me to clear up your concerns.....

I used 4 trannys and would fill them in home server and would literally drop inf over and over for hours, somedays 10 hours straight, and I can tell you it is not as easy as you folks believe.

I will say that doing it with a kluth tranny is easier because of the cloak, but I still wasted alot of trips getting killed.

A fact you maynot know: I used to have over 258,000k prestige, and overtime I am down to 203,000k prestige, alot of the loss is from tranny rushing because I sd everytime I drop to get next tranny faster.

The planet def is more than adequete because doing it as ugto without the cloak means alot of death while attempting.

I do NOT use gates....I use plat trails to travel around, which means I do alot of 90 sec jumps to get to the planet I am dropping on, sometimes 2 or 3 jumps to get there....that is alot of time just travelling and alot of patience. A lot of times I would drop 30 or 40 and then the enemy would just bomb and 10-15 mins of work down the drain and I would have to start all over again and try another planet.

Tranny rushes are not as easy as you think, and do cost you prestige....it is human tenacity and patience that make it an effective option, it is NOT a game weakness....

I challenge any of you to use up 4 spots in your sy and build a plat trail and try tranny rushing with 4 trannys for 10 hours straight....you will see how much work it is, and how much failure there is....I know some will reply and say they tranny rush already....but trust me, you don't....not the way I do.

Success in this game usually comes from how many players are on in your faction...the less players on in your faction at any given time means more failure.

If you want to talk about the lack of balance of the factions then have your clan switch factions for a week or two and learn about how the other 2 factions work now(which you can't learn in beta). This game constantly changes, you CANNOT speak about another factions powers and weaknesses if you don't try to play that faction for atleast a week.

When you win say little, and when you lose say less.

[ This Message was edited by: Bladerunner2014 on 2012-11-24 12:03 ]

Interesting. Though I wouldn't say that many players would have your kind of time, patience or tenacity, I could say that if there were two or three players that attempted what you did over the course of an hour, the effect would probably be three or four fold of what you did alone in those 10 hours.

You know how it goes in DS. Numbers win.

Unfortunately for those who love to rush or capture ships, this tactic has caught the eyes of some of the devs. And something will be done about it, sooner or later.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-11-24 20:01   
Blade;

Tranny rushing has been an issue since back in 2002. It just never has been addressed. It was a common practice to do this even when planets had defense that PD'd everything. Used to do this with bombs too, but they added a timer to prevent bombs from doing damage at a particular range.

Of course, back then, you had full loads on the servers, so there where ample amounts of people counter tranny rushing too as well as bombing, so it evened out and wasn't such a major issue. With lower player counts, something like this becomes a tad more difficult to deal with...

I used to tranny rush a fair bit, but I gave up on it a while ago. Not enough reward for it.

[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2012-11-24 20:09 ]

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-11-25 10:34   
Lastnight I tested tranny rushing a few ICC planets with my UGTO heavy trannys in Dres-Kona...I couldn't even get in dropping range at Twilight without the planet killing me, its pd was only 12% and there were no ai ships around it. So the planets are doing their job. I am not sure what kind of defence was on the planet, but maybe it was the type of defences built that made it impossible to drop on the planet or maybe it was because the planet pd was 12%.

Not sure how to stop kluth trannys-the cloak is definitely a big advantage....even if planets had 1000% pd it wouldn't stop a kluth tranny without the help of ai.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-26 01:01   
Planets don't PD anymore for one... Also, I have made Oceania, Kona, and Pyron 14 Def. You can't get into drop range because you cant cloak untill your in orbit... Its kind of a luth special... Making 3 trannys in your garage full inf and using them one after another is just like an Uggy having several EAD's and Stat's in garage and bringing them out one after another. I do it with luth/icc dreads. Its a tactic. Why does everyone cry when ppl think smart and are able to win?

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-26 01:54   
It's easy to counter as well. Just leave a transport full of inf in your garrage and make sure you have a Shipyard close that you can just spawn from and constantly drop from. You can get inf from the home systems and in theory be able to be able to drop inf faster than the enemy.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-26 08:05   
I think one of the more interesting ideas to "fix" the issue of K'Luth Transports being virtually impossible to stop from dropping on ships and planets was the idea of a "minimum vision zone". To avoid completely trivialising K'Luth Cloak, I would propose the following.

- Include a gadget named "Active Sensors", or replace the "Scanner" functionality with the proposed functionality below.

- "Active Sensors" have high energy consumption and vastly increase mass of the ship, being meant to be used while immobile rather than while moving. Jump Drive functionality remains. While "Active Sensors" are active, they will grant "true vision" in a 250gu area around the vessel. "True vision" referring to detecting absolutely everything regardless of its signature.

This would disallow K'Luth transports from reaching a target undetected and makes them as vulnerable as their human counter-parts, except it can be invisible at 251gu+ distance.

- A disadvantage of this approach is that it removes K'Luth first strike functionality, and fitted on small ships can make them illuminate K'Luth targets forever, making cloak unpossible to be deployed. The key factor is to balance the device such that small ships using it will be incredibly lacking in manoeuvrability and further have such high energy drain at 50% engine output that they cannot sustain it for very long.

This means energy output needs to be carefully measured for each level such that each ship that fits it bleeds energy if they use the sensors overlong. Additionally, restrict the device to dedicated scout vessels and command vessels, so players are still trading in a useful ship for functionality.

---

For the moment, though, I don't foresee immediate changes to the way cloaking works. A definite solution that makes everyone happy is probably impossible, though. As a playerbase, it's a good idea to consider what different aspects a solution has; what disadvantages does it bring and what does it break, and what can be done against it?

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-26 08:57   
Quote:

On 2012-11-26 08:05, Bardiche wrote:
I think one of the more interesting ideas to "fix" the issue of K'Luth Transports being virtually impossible to stop from dropping on ships and planets was the idea of a "minimum vision zone". To avoid completely trivialising K'Luth Cloak, I would propose the following.

- Include a gadget named "Active Sensors", or replace the "Scanner" functionality with the proposed functionality below.

- "Active Sensors" have high energy consumption and vastly increase mass of the ship, being meant to be used while immobile rather than while moving. Jump Drive functionality remains. While "Active Sensors" are active, they will grant "true vision" in a 250gu area around the vessel. "True vision" referring to detecting absolutely everything regardless of its signature.

This would disallow K'Luth transports from reaching a target undetected and makes them as vulnerable as their human counter-parts, except it can be invisible at 251gu+ distance.

- A disadvantage of this approach is that it removes K'Luth first strike functionality, and fitted on small ships can make them illuminate K'Luth targets forever, making cloak unpossible to be deployed. The key factor is to balance the device such that small ships using it will be incredibly lacking in manoeuvrability and further have such high energy drain at 50% engine output that they cannot sustain it for very long.

This means energy output needs to be carefully measured for each level such that each ship that fits it bleeds energy if they use the sensors overlong. Additionally, restrict the device to dedicated scout vessels and command vessels, so players are still trading in a useful ship for functionality.

---

For the moment, though, I don't foresee immediate changes to the way cloaking works. A definite solution that makes everyone happy is probably impossible, though. As a playerbase, it's a good idea to consider what different aspects a solution has; what disadvantages does it bring and what does it break, and what can be done against it?

That does sound pretty fair having that would make it to where k'luth have to be careful while at the same time having it to where the ship cannot move, Although it's a good trade off and allows players to actually be team players it will also make a bunch of eads/ad's to sit next to a couple of these command ships and kill anything in sight.

So in the end it seems like a give and take like always i'm just not sure if it's worth it or not

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-26 09:12   
well, if the philosophy isnt going to bë "stop trying to shoot the transport ships but do something else", and we are going to come up with a way to fly a ship/system that counters cloaked transports, ill help think a way.

1) how about an effectiveness penalty for the first 30 sec after dropped by a luth vessel, like...cloaking sickness or something? for instance, normally 10 infantry vs 10 infantry balances out, with cloaking sickness 10 infantry vs 20 infantry balances out. defensive infantry still has the normal effectiveness, while infantry used on the offense (when dropped shortly after decloaking) dont work very well. kinda like adding ooc timer, but now a decloaking timer simply for the criteria if your dropped infantry have decloaking sickness.

instead of less effectiveness/strenght for cloaking sickness, there could also be a confusion, where the infantry doenst react to its enviroment

this way cloak is still intact as it should be, as is kluth defensive infantry on planets and ships

2) keep the current system, but make luth inf slightly less proficient in capping ships, and slightly less defense (can take less hits from enemy inf, still deals same punch). that way K'luth still got advantage in dropping inf, but the inf themselves dont work as effective.

3) you want to kill the transports, but keep the same cloaking system for the rest of the ships? then a special device is needed that is on K'luth transports only, that makes them hurting when near a planet or player right? a device that sends out a continous ring like an ecm ring, so u can see where it is. the ring is visible at 300 gu range, with transport max speed of 15-20 (hvy/light) thats 15-20 seconds.

i like to point out that when trying to tranny a dictored planet, average range to fly after jump is 850 gu, with 20 gu/sec thats 42,5 seconds, just needed to fly to planet. the jumps to planet take 100 sec average, self D is 10, spawning is 5, getting inf is 200 gu pod range average, with their speed of 5 thats 40 sec, docking is 5, undocking 5 more

that totals 3,5 minutes per drop. where the defender can do it in 1.

but that aside, we where looking for a way to stay in dreads and cruisers and still counter transports, so i think options 1, 2 or 3 would work well without to many disatvantage to the cloaking system overall.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-26 11:20   
Quote:

On 2012-11-26 08:05, Bardiche wrote:

---

Actually, one of the ideas that has been talked about for cloak ... in other games... was the "Phase Cloak" idea.

Taking a leaf from submarine warfare, ships that are uncloaked, cannot see cloaked ships. And ships that are cloaked, cannot see uncloaked ship. This idea is similar to those sci-fi genres where ships don't simply cloak, but phase into another plane or dimension.

For sure, we wanna avoid this conundrum in DS, so we can simply say the cloaking field simply blinds the user as well. But objects with enough mass, such as planets or stars, will remain visible to cloaked ships as their mass "overcomes" the cloak effect.

Of course, this throws the EW-cloak relationship out of the window, or creates a completely new set of rules to work around.

But before you toy with ideas like a visibility zone, or a cloak/uncloak visibility theory, you have to keep in mind the ECM-ECCM-Cloak triangle, as well as how the game works.

Some ideas may be good, but implementing them may be more trouble than it is worth.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.018437 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR