No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Kluth Transports
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Kluth Transports
hzn
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-22 09:42   
as tailen said , also even if it`s balanced on both sides let`s say there 1 tranny rusher and 1 eng from ugto/icc , the kluth tranny will drop on several planets the eng will be forced to repair only one at time resulting in atleast 1 or more planets to be lost

It`s kinda hard to make it in time to counter the enemy inf with friendly inf especially since they are stealthy (cloak) you might find them next to you tranny rushing the planet you are defending right now , the next minute you might find them in whole another system that belongs to your faction tranny rushing it`s planets
[ This Message was edited by: Hezn on 2012-11-22 09:44 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-22 10:09   
Quote:

On 2012-11-22 09:16, Talien wrote

The issue isn't with luth dropping inf or structures being damaged, it's that there's no way to stop them from doing it. A transport that can be 100% undetectable until it chooses to decloak then drop it's inf with no chance of doing anything about it unless the player in the luth transport screws up and drops while they're still several GU away from the intended target.

Secret knowledge: It IS infact possible to fully read threads before chipping in.

The same can be said for Mandi's and Siphons decloaking and insta-gibbing small ships.

My point is, the cloaking device was designed with sneak attacks and stealth in mind. These are still valid usage of the device.

Look at the current scenario. Tranny rushing planets these days don't mean much anymore, as you also have to actually BE around a planet to fully effect its capture. And most smart players carry infantry onboard their ships too. So being dropped on doesn't mean a thing unless you were woefully unprepared for it.

What this means is that Tranny dropping doesn't pose that much of a threat as compared to past versions. So while this may be an annoyance, it doesn't really break the game in any way. But making changes to address a potential technical non-issue... that could constitute a larger risk.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-22 10:58   
Quote:

On 2012-11-22 10:09, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
The same can be said for Mandi's and Siphons decloaking and insta-gibbing small ships.

My point is, the cloaking device was designed with sneak attacks and stealth in mind. These are still valid usage of the device.

Look at the current scenario. Tranny rushing planets these days don't mean much anymore, as you also have to actually BE around a planet to fully effect its capture. And most smart players carry infantry onboard their ships too. So being dropped on doesn't mean a thing unless you were woefully unprepared for it.

What this means is that Tranny dropping doesn't pose that much of a threat as compared to past versions. So while this may be an annoyance, it doesn't really break the game in any way. But making changes to address a potential technical non-issue... that could constitute a larger risk.

Except if you see a Mandible or Siphon decloaking in your face you've got a second or two to jump away before they can actually fire at you. Of course, half the time you end up dead mid-jump because of desynch anyway but that's a different issue entirely. With combat ships it works because otherwise luth ships are at a major disadvantage because of almost nonexistent armor.

Planets can still be captured by nothing but inf, granted it takes a long time but it's still possible. As far as ships you can usually kill a Transport before it gets close enough to drop unless they're good at point jumping and land right ontop of you. If you're in a ship smaller than a Transport you just outrun them and they have no way of dropping on you anyway.

Hell, when I play luth in scen or on my alt I do the same thing and I have to admit it does feel pretty cheap when I can decloak ontop of a Dreadnought, unload my troops, then jump out usually before they can even react even if they're surrounded by an entire fleet, and then keep repeating it until they eventually cap or ragelog with little to no risk to myself. Even if I do die, so what? I don't lose anything for it. I get plenty of complaints when I play my main and repeatedly point jump ontop of people to drop and then often escape because my transport is full def modded, but I've gotten some real nasty PMs on my alt even just cloak dropping on someone once.

It's just negative fun when people can do it 100% effectively with no possible counter.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-22 12:29   
Quote:

On 2012-11-22 10:58, Talien wrote:
Except if you see a Mandible or Siphon decloaking in your face you've got a second or two to jump away before they can actually fire at you. Of course, half the time you end up dead mid-jump because of desynch anyway but that's a different issue entirely. With combat ships it works because otherwise luth ships are at a major disadvantage because of almost nonexistent armor.

Planets can still be captured by nothing but inf, granted it takes a long time but it's still possible. As far as ships you can usually kill a Transport before it gets close enough to drop unless they're good at point jumping and land right ontop of you. If you're in a ship smaller than a Transport you just outrun them and they have no way of dropping on you anyway.

Hell, when I play luth in scen or on my alt I do the same thing and I have to admit it does feel pretty cheap when I can decloak ontop of a Dreadnought, unload my troops, then jump out usually before they can even react even if they're surrounded by an entire fleet, and then keep repeating it until they eventually cap or ragelog with little to no risk to myself. Even if I do die, so what? I don't lose anything for it. I get plenty of complaints when I play my main and repeatedly point jump ontop of people to drop and then often escape because my transport is full def modded, but I've gotten some real nasty PMs on my alt even just cloak dropping on someone once.

It's just negative fun when people can do it 100% effectively with no possible counter.

Kluth ships are all at a disadvantage because of their weaker armor, but cloak compensates for this. Combat and non-combat. Kluth trannies, much like their combat brethrens are at a disadvantage in armor when put up against their counterparts. So, removing the cloak and/or reducing cargo capacity would render them completely useless. This affects the entire faction as a whole.

The way to fix this is not knee jerk reactions that will cause problems in other areas. And certainly not a nerf bat to just one ship. We should either look at adjusting the Cloak-EW relationship, or refactor all trannies as a whole.

This requires more thought than just some of you banging on the table and demanding a Nerf to some other faction and their ships.

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2012-11-22 13:46 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-22 12:31   
Quote:

On 2012-11-22 12:15, Hezn wrote:
I would dare to say that , during my playtime though most of the other kluths were using something bigger to cap which was much easier to deal with even if it`s only bladerunner it`still threat since he plays alot during the day

And you guys didn't think to run your own trannies to counter drop his troops?

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2012-11-22 13:47 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-11-22 14:55   
Ahh again we have the cowerdly tatic of cloaked tranny rushing. As it has been said before there is virturlly no counter to this vastly underhanded tatic that some K'Luth use *cough*Blade*Cough*

something i can think of that would help lessen the amount of tranny rushes would be to add a timer to ALL, again i said ALL transports either Decloaking or exiting a jump that prevents them from droping their inf for ooohh say 10 seconds or something similar to that. That way it will add time for people to react to both the Point jumping trannies and the Cloaked tranny rushing

Email *FTL*Soulless
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-22 23:08   
Quote:

On 2012-11-22 14:55, Soulless. wrote:

something i can think of that would help lessen the amount of tranny rushes would be to add a timer to ALL, again i said ALL transports either Decloaking or exiting a jump that prevents them from droping their inf for ooohh say 10 seconds or something similar to that. That way it will add time for people to react to both the Point jumping trannies and the Cloaked tranny rushing

Yes, this is another valid idea. A drop timer after decloak or jumping out would make sense.

Better sense than simply removing cloak from all non-combat ships (how else can they survive?)

It still allows for stealth approach. But when he decloaks, the target ship can either open fire on him, or run before he drops. Also would prevent point jump and drop tactics. More risk for the manuever.

For planets, defenders have a small window of time to point jump the tranny. It'll still be close, with the tranny having 10 secs to dodge. But at least there will be some action going on.

+1

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-11-22 23:10 ]

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-11-23 03:26   
Pretty easy to solve actually. Do the same thing that you did to bombs. Troops cannot land if launched at a distance less than 200 gu from planet surface. This might kill ship boarding as well though, so might have to find a different method of doing that...

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-23 12:06   
this thread is pointless.. Its balanced as it is right now.

Only reason bladerunner is annoying you lot is cause you dont counter tranny rush / have too full ship yard to do what he does.

He most likely has 3+ slots available which he uses to stock up on troops in home system thenn tranny rush, sd repeat till planet is full.

Its an ooooold tactic. stop complaining!

Also bear in mind he still has to go through dictor everytime giving you the advantage.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-23 12:14   
Quote:

That would work.

Quote:

On 2012-11-23 12:06, Diesalot wrote:

Only reason bladerunner is annoying you lot is cause you dont counter tranny rush / have too full ship yard to do what he does.

He most likely has 3+ slots available which he uses to stock up on troops in home system thenn tranny rush, sd repeat till planet is full.

Also bear in mind he still has to go through dictor everytime giving you the advantage.

Try reading the thread. It's not about some lamer flooding planets with troops, it's about luth in general being able to do it with 100% impunity. You have 0 chance to do anything about it when someone decloaks while touching a planet or directly ontop of someone's ship then unloads a hold full of troops.

Of course, this issue has existed since before I started playing and nothing has been done with it any other time it's been brought up, so I'm not holding my breath for any changes this time either.

Diesalot
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-11-23 12:23   
Quote:

On 2012-11-23 12:14, Talien wrote:
Quote:

That would work.

Quote:

On 2012-11-23 12:06, Diesalot wrote:

Try reading the thread. It's not about some lamer flooding planets with troops, it's about luth in general being able to do it with 100% impunity. You have 0 chance to do anything about it when someone decloaks while touching a planet or directly ontop of someone's ship then unloads a hold full of troops.

Of course, this issue has existed since before I started playing and nothing has been done with it any other time it's been brought up, so I'm not holding my breath for any changes this time either.

You can bomb
You can drop your own troops
You can dock

Stop complaining about kluths trait.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-11-24 06:44   
its not a complaint, more of a review and rethink on how were things supposed to work against their current working.

diesalot, what you mention are things to counter infantry dropping "after" the infantry have been dropped. the thread is about what can be done "before and up until" the inf are dropped by small and priceless/valueless ships with space for 10 elite infantry.

to save you time in rereading the thread (if needed), so far its been found that you can do very little against human transports, and nothing against kluth transports. also, we're discussing ways to fix the problem.

again, its not about there being no cure, its about there being no prevention.

is there a doctor in the house?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-11-24 10:29   

Of all the suggestions in this thread, I figure the one from Soulless has the most merit. It's simple and elegant, easy to add too.

In fact, a drop timer could (and perhaps should) be implemented for all ships across the board, and it should be applicable to post-cloak and post-jump. This will reduce both cloak-drops as well as point-jump drops.

There could be separate timers for drops after cloak and jump. It depends on what the rest of the Devs think of it.

Perhaps something along the lines of:
Post cloak delay: 10 secs
Post jump delay: 5 secs

You don't wanna set it too high, otherwise it will render the tranny useless.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-11-24 11:07   
That sounds perfectly fine, 10 seconds is plenty of time to intercept a Transport that's just decloaked, and 5 seconds is more than enough time for one that's just jumped.

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-11-24 11:54   
I see my tranny rushing while playing kluth is causing conversation...allow me to clear up your concerns.....

I used 4 trannys and would fill them in home server and would literally drop inf over and over for hours, somedays 10 hours straight, and I can tell you it is not as easy as you folks believe.

I will say that doing it with a kluth tranny is easier because of the cloak, but I still wasted alot of trips getting killed.

A fact you maynot know: I used to have over 258,000k prestige, and overtime I am down to 203,000k prestige, alot of the loss is from tranny rushing because I sd everytime I drop to get next tranny faster.

The planet def is more than adequete because doing it as ugto without the cloak means alot of death while attempting.

I do NOT use gates....I use plat trails to travel around, which means I do alot of 90 sec jumps to get to the planet I am dropping on, sometimes 2 or 3 jumps to get there....that is alot of time just travelling and alot of patience. A lot of times I would drop 30 or 40 and then the enemy would just bomb and 10-15 mins of work down the drain and I would have to start all over again and try another planet.

Tranny rushes are not as easy as you think, and do cost you prestige....it is human tenacity and patience that make it an effective option, it is NOT a game weakness....

I challenge any of you to use up 4 spots in your sy and build a plat trail and try tranny rushing with 4 trannys for 10 hours straight....you will see how much work it is, and how much failure there is....I know some will reply and say they tranny rush already....but trust me, you don't....not the way I do.

Success in this game usually comes from how many players are on in your faction...the less players on in your faction at any given time means more failure.

If you want to talk about the lack of balance of the factions then have your clan switch factions for a week or two and learn about how the other 2 factions work now(which you can't learn in beta). This game constantly changes, you CANNOT speak about another factions powers and weaknesses if you don't try to play that faction for atleast a week.

When you win say little, and when you lose say less.

[ This Message was edited by: Bladerunner2014 on 2012-11-24 12:03 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025422 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR