- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Tactics & New Players » » Flight tips for Newbies
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Flight tips for Newbies
-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-03 23:24   
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 17:13, -domedi- wrote:
maybe education focues more on capital letters then and SMS language killed proper grammar for all the new people, hence by capital letters u can make up the time of education thus age maybe, but age doesnt linearly connect to experience in the game

in my case i dont use capital so that i have 2x the same d, as a sort of letterrhime. to elleborate with an example of letter rhime: how much woowd would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood.

where w and ch are the letter rhimes

but i guess you have a point, on closer look most names are capitalized and the ones that arent are relatively new. just i dont think an advice to a new person would be: capitalize your name...more like: try to bob and weave to dodge, use shield rotation as icc, watch energy as luth, dont rush into battle cause the enemies will all stop fighting and focuse on you for ugto.
[ This Message was edited by: -domedi- on 2012-10-03 17:19 ]

Yes ever since SMS, I can no longer spell at all. I have been ruined. Im even told schools no longer teach cursive. They even teach that the Americans threw the Tea into the ocean, not because we didnt want our taxes on it to go back to England, but because we didnt want it... SMH I guess a NWO is going to happen no matter what and all the sheep will applaud when it does...

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-03 23:57   
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 17:48, Zero28 wrote:
if you fight an equal fight, your doing it wrong

I can't begin to elaborate on how this mentality is so entirely counter-productive to what you might think.

So much potential is lost because people constantly either join whichever faction happens to have the most players or the best ships. Perhaps if players were more willing to keep things balanced themselves Developers wouldn't need to limit anyones freedom.

-Ent

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 01:16   
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 23:57, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

I can't begin to elaborate on how this mentality is so entirely counter-productive to what you might think.

So much potential is lost because people constantly either join whichever faction happens to have the most players or the best ships. Perhaps if players were more willing to keep things balanced themselves Developers wouldn't need to limit anyones freedom.

-Ent

Umm I have been called a faction hoper before because I like to keep it equal. Its no fun to join the faction with 8 ppl when the others have 2 and 1...

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-04 03:44   
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 17:37, Scorched Soul[+R] wrote:
Well I dont expect everyone to agree with me but just dont get off topic.

Please post your tips for being in the >>Community<< ie shoulds and should nots that apply outside of the game itself.

aaah tips for social interaction...sorry the topic name pushed me in wrong direction.

#1 never take another player serious, 90% of the time they are joking, drunk, or just plain lying:P

#2 some players expect a certain submissive attitude or they do not talk to you, ignore those people or laugh at them in their face

#3 If you are getting really good at something then a random player PM you "stop it or you get nerfed" for god sakes stop it!

#4 most people in lobby are afk so they wont respond. dont take is as an insult when its all quiet

#5 whenever you see someone rage in chat or ingame yell, laugh at them, a simple "lol" will suffice

#6 if you want ppl to put you on their ignore list, simply send many PM (personal message, command = /send name message) to that person. if you dont want ppl to ignore you, try NOT sending many many PM to ppl

#7 Doran da man, make sure you inform other people in game of this fact as many times as you can

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-04 09:59   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 01:16, -DBS wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 23:57, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

-Ent

Umm I have been called a faction hoper before because I like to keep it equal. Its no fun to join the faction with 8 ppl when the others have 2 and 1...

i can't say i disagree with you. You obviously saw a bigger picture then i did. in wich you are entirely correct. Faction hopping to join the bigger faction is indeed bad. My point was in an Actual fight. I wouldn't see myself in an EAD/AD going after an EAD/AD unless i have some sort of advantage to the battle that will help me win, rather than an equal fight with 50/50 chances of winning

i too try to join the outnumbered faction to help balance, latly it hasn't been so bad as it has been before
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-04 11:48   
Quote:

Use the buddy system

Buddy system= for every one of them make sure there are 2 of you (whenever possible)

When moving up through ship classes and you want to make kills you should go with an exponential model

to kill 1 dread you should bring

-1 ugto/icc station or 2 Kluth stations
-2 dreads
-4 cruisers
-8 destroyers
-16 frigates(this one would be really funny)

Unless your Kluth then you want to double all these numbers

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2012-10-04 12:35 ]

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-10-04 11:54   
pretty much

PS: you forgot the 4 stations XD
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

MarineKingPrime
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2012-10-04 18:43   
think i broke some rules here.

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2012-10-05 23:20   
Or if you flew like I did back before I went into serious inactive mode....One dread vs another dread. Pilot skill wins all in this game. Sheer numbers are only good against a pilot who doesn't know what they are doing.

Quote:

On 2012-10-04 11:48, Scorched Soul[+R][Help] wrote:
Quote:

Use the buddy system

Buddy system= for every one of them make sure there are 2 of you (whenever possible)

When moving up through ship classes and you want to make kills you should go with an exponential model

to kill 1 dread you should bring

-1 ugto/icc station or 2 Kluth stations
-2 dreads
-4 cruisers
-8 destroyers
-16 frigates(this one would be really funny)

Unless your Kluth then you want to double all these numbers

[ This Message was edited by: Scorched Soul[+R] on 2012-10-04 12:35 ]

Email UnknownWarrior
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-06 00:21   

Here're a couple of tips.

Never go through a gate or into an uncertain battle until your JD is fully or nearly charged up. I've lost count of how many times I've survived unfavorable odds because of this.

Your JD is your get out of jail free card. Always keep it handy.

When plotting a jump, don't just worry about red and white lines. Survey your jump path for enemy planetary dictors too. You don't wanna drop out of jump in hostile territory with 5 enemy ships on you and no JD. Or be late to a battle.

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-06 01:59   
Quote:

On 2012-10-04 03:44, -domedi- wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 17:37, Scorched Soul[+R] wrote:
Well I dont expect everyone to agree with me but just dont get off topic.

Please post your tips for being in the >>Community<< ie shoulds and should nots that apply outside of the game itself.

aaah tips for social interaction...sorry the topic name pushed me in wrong direction.

#1 never take another player serious, 90% of the time they are joking, drunk, or just plain lying:P

#2 some players expect a certain submissive attitude or they do not talk to you, ignore those people or laugh at them in their face

#3 If you are getting really good at something then a random player PM you "stop it or you get nerfed" for god sakes stop it!

#4 most people in lobby are afk so they wont respond. dont take is as an insult when its all quiet

#5 whenever you see someone rage in chat or ingame yell, laugh at them, a simple "lol" will suffice

#6 if you want ppl to put you on their ignore list, simply send many PM (personal message, command = /send name message) to that person. if you dont want ppl to ignore you, try NOT sending many many PM to ppl

#7 Doran da man, make sure you inform other people in game of this fact as many times as you can

+1

-DBS
Marshal

Posted: 2012-10-06 02:00   
Quote:

On 2012-10-06 00:21, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Here're a couple of tips.

Never go through a gate or into an uncertain battle until your JD is fully or nearly charged up. I've lost count of how many times I've survived unfavorable odds because of this.

Your JD is your get out of jail free card. Always keep it handy.

When plotting a jump, don't just worry about red and white lines. Survey your jump path for enemy planetary dictors too. You don't wanna drop out of jump in hostile territory with 5 enemy ships on you and no JD. Or be late to a battle.

+1

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-06 19:38   
always try answer /sends and /t's if they're not spam(in which case, /report them).

even if it's noob010 messaging you "wud u liek to joyn mah nu fleetz? itz calld epicawesomefleetzor!'
say 'no thanks, not interested atm.'. or say yes. w/e. just don't say nothing.

EDIT: Oh, also, be very careful when flying a new ship class for the first time. Jump out when you're losing, don't wait. Try to keep a full JD at all times.
[ This Message was edited by: Mylith(helper)*CO* on 2012-10-06 19:52 ]

I'll add this stuff to the wiki I guess.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-10-07 16:21   
Quote:

On 2012-10-03 23:24, -DBS wrote:

Yes, ever since [I started to use] SMS, I can no longer spell at all. My spelling has been ruined. I'm even told schools no longer teach cursive. They even teach that at the Boston Tea Party the Americans threw the tea into the ocean, not because we didn't want our taxes on it to go back to England, but because we didn't want it. I guess a new world order is going to happen no matter what and all the sheep that the world has for inhabitants nowadays will applaud when it does...

I have fixed that for you.

Also, domedi, it's called alliteration.

Not to say that my grammar is perfect or anything. Actually, it's not that great(it's my worst subject).

[ This Message was edited by: Mylith(helper)*CO* on 2012-10-07 16:31 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Scorched Soul[+R]
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-10-07 16:38   
When playing Kluth never jump directly to a friendly or a supply plat group in deep space. Use Ctrl+click to set a manual jump point to 1k away from a friendly burn in a direction not towards friendly then cloak and turn around. When jumping to a supply plat go for jump away from plats then jump towards plats

Email Scorched Soul[+R]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028852 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR