- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » New models in beta. Feedback required.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author New models in beta. Feedback required.
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-27 15:49   
Call me insane, but I prefer the current one, since I've seen the old model long enough now... and I like my ships bulky.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2012-09-27 16:33   
I don't like the EAD model; but I would like to clarify that a little bid. I don't think theres much wrong with it I just dont see it fitting for the EAD. It is extremely streamlined, it looks like it is hardly fit to be used as a sort of battering ram with weapons on it. It just doesn't look that way to me. It might fit another UGTO ship better. Not sure which one tough. Or perhaps a cruiser or destroyer if that's possible.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-27 21:59   
Quote:

On 2012-09-27 15:49, Bardiche wrote:
Call me insane, but I prefer the current one, since I've seen the old model long enough now... and I like my ships bulky.

U like fat-bottomed girls, eh?

Anyway there's gonna be three variants. The one that's in Beta now, the other one that I'm working on now in those sneaks. And a third one where I make some adjustments to the central engine port.

So u guys can decide which one to use.

But srsly, the current Beta AD makes me cringe somewhat when I look at its ass end. We shd call it the ICS JLo or ICS Kardashian.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-28 08:23   
Any plans for more UGTO/Kluth dreads? With your 3 variants + your carrier/missile model + the 2 current release models ICC will be swimming in usable models.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-28 09:08   
These models are very nice. But they don't fit assualt class, I have to admit. Those curve lines belong to command class. Just like Light-of-Aurora wrote:
Quote:
I tried to make a UGTO Dreadnought with a more flowing and 'authoritative' look compared to the current model, which I always thought looked very forceful. I was trying to make a ship that would seem to be one in a command role, as opposed to a ship found on the front lines. I wanted to retain the original Dread's top-down shape so that it wouldn't seem far removed from traditional UGTO design.

I believe it's called Executor, not Harbinger. Harbinger has = = = on wings; Executor has : : : on wings. Harbinger has thin IIII IIII IIII IIII on head; Executor has bold II II II on head. File name maybe mislabeled.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-09-28 09:10 ]

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-28 09:50   
Quote:
On 2012-09-27 14:34, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Some sneaks. Untextured for now, while I work out the mesh.

Expect the redesigned ICC AD to look like an uprated M-400.

Big pictures, cut out

This is to be in line with the ICC's principle of using a standard hull type and then adding modules or modifying it to suit the intended role.

Also... to get rid of that fat rear end, and the weird tri-engine configuration. I still think the M-400 is a great design. This hull type can be designated the M-450 or M-500.

I can't really see here, but there is One thing i loved about the M400 are those armor/wings at the back of the bridge surrounding the hull. almost like it is a extra armor plate protecting the CIC and other important command stuff.

For the rest it indeeds looks like a M400 and has the ICC feeling.
You are not losing the feeling because of the different rear-end engine section. because these are just three engines placed inside a single container instead of three containers welded together. just a difference in construction, i guess this might even be faster since all three engines are the same instead of one big one and two smaller one's.

Keep it up

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-28 10:11   
The new EAD design feels more like a battle dread then a EAD but the design itself is very smooth and feels like a real ugto starship.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-28 10:44   
Quote:

On 2012-09-28 09:08, chlorophyll wrote:
These models are very nice. But they don't fit assualt class, I have to admit. Those curve lines belong to command class. Just like Light-of-Aurora wrote:
I believe it's called Executor, not Harbinger. Harbinger has = = = on wings; Executor has : : : on wings. Harbinger has thin IIII IIII IIII IIII on head; Executor has bold II II II on head. File name maybe mislabeled.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-09-28 09:10 ]

As has been mentioned MANY times. LoA misnamed those two dreadnoughts. The Harbinger is the one we have, and we don't have access to the other.

µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-28 11:02   
noo don't listen to these people the new models look great there isn't a specific way a factions ship is supposed to look icc needs more curves and less boxes boxy ships are so 1990's these ships need to look like they are uprated versions of the old ships.

the new model kenny posted looks excatly like the current AD which is so old and ugly now keep the current model in beta a smaller dread that is specificaly designed for combat that looks different from the siege and combat dread.

as i have stated many times the new beta model is really great takes some getting used to but progress always is so please don't change anything force it on players like so many other changes that were forced.

the ugto EAD model is weird looking in its aft section only cause the aft fins seem so small compaired to the entire ship but the rest of the ship is great.

Email µOmniVore
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-28 11:36   
Quote:

On 2012-09-28 10:44, Pantheon wrote:

As has been mentioned MANY times. LoA misnamed those two dreadnoughts. The Harbinger is the one we have, and we don't have access to the other.

Now THIS I didn't know.
So that's the Harbinger and not the Executor?

Ok anyway, that aside. Let's just all take a step back. Put it to a poll. Does the look of that dread suit a Command role more, or an EAD?

And next, the name probably won't be Harbinger or Executor. I think Jim Starluck already has some documented standards on how UGTO ships will be named.

And last. I just make the models, and perhaps some notes or suggestions on what role they may play. But ultimately I'll leave final decision on their roles and class to the devs.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-09-28 12:41   
I like the new AD model, I think it looks fine as it is, but changing the rear end to be more in line with the M-400 setup would look more fitting for an ICC ship.

I also think the UGTO model doesn't really fit the EAD, and would look better as a new Command model.

JupiterShadow(Demon Of Death)
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-28 12:43   
ok ive gone back over the LoA thread with the ships in question now in my point of view i think that the ship we have now is called the executioner (which i think would be best served as a Command dread) the Harbinger would better serve the EAD and as kenny dont have that one i dont suppose he could look at the pics of that ship and recreate it?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-28 13:27   
Quote:

On 2012-09-28 12:43, JupiterShadow(Demon Of Death) wrote:
ok ive gone back over the LoA thread with the ships in question now in my point of view i think that the ship we have now is called the executioner (which i think would be best served as a Command dread) the Harbinger would better serve the EAD and as kenny dont have that one i dont suppose he could look at the pics of that ship and recreate it?

The current model in beta IS the Harbinger model. How many more times will people ignore the previous comments in this thread?

Steveyk
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-09-28 15:35   
Both look great but the tails on both are a bit odd but its maybe just because im not used to seeing them, anyway over all great work a nice fresh look for the ships they replace.

and as to the vote thing i think the ugto model would be fine as the ead unless u had something more aggresive up ur sleeve

Email Steveyk
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-28 17:21   
Quote:

On 2012-09-28 13:27, Pantheon wrote:

The current model in beta IS the Harbinger model. How many more times will people ignore the previous comments in this thread?

In that case he intended the "Harbinger" to be the Command Dread model.

In the text he mentioned that the Command Dread had a flowing and authoritative look. The current model in beta is that model with the flowing and authoritative look as it is more humpbacked, has a smaller, protruding rear with large side wings to look like royal garmets. It also has a slightly smaller waist that fans out in the rear, again making it look longer and more delicate/ornamental.

Compare with the other dread LoA made which is more straight and cuts off the rear to make it look more fast and snappy in turning, which fits a ship in close quarters combat, even if it has larger mass.

Edit: Spelling
[ This Message was edited by: SpaceAdmiral on 2012-09-28 17:22 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024801 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR