No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +12.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Stuck at 63% after uninstall/reinstall
 Author Stuck at 63% after uninstall/reinstall
Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 10:22   
After the latest patch that was released yestarday by Faustus I've been getting constant problems reconnecting back into sag after the daily reset and when the game kicks everyone out randomly, so getting fed up with this i decided to uninstall darkspace and clean my registry from anything darkspace related and here is where my new problem begins

1. Ive downloaded the DarkSpace Client and run it as administrator.

2. Game says it is installed and has a tick in the box saying run darkspace 1.673, so i click finish.

3. Now a small box pops up in the centre of my screen saying "Client update..., updating local catalog..." this hangs for a little while before moving onto "Requesting file catalog..." which then hangs again for even longer.

Finally it will either start updating fast upto 63% then stall and do nothing or it wont even try to update and just error saying "Failed to connect to GameCQ server; please try again later" which i have tried many times later on.

Nothing has changed on my computer, no new microsoft updates ect so any idea's?

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 11:54   

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-24 12:25   
I know it sounds odd, but can you uninstall, then reboot your computer and try again? Sometimes the OS, for whatever reason, can lock out files making it impossible for the updater or installer to overwrite them.

We're still trying to sort out a few kinks with our new socket code for connections, and Faustus added debugging code so we could track it down further. There shouldn't be any need to reinstall the game currently.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 13:06   
Rebooting didnt work so i formatted my computer, then i was getting stuck at 77% with a 3.8MB file download, eventually got to 100% and now i am able to log in again.

Maybe i missed something in the registry, not sure.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-24 13:14   
Never clean your registry. It doesn't do anything and doesn't speed up your computer. 99% of the time it actually causes massive issues.

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 13:34   
Ild agree with you for a noncompetent person but luckily for me I'm an IT technician and keeping a heathly registry can prevent system errors and crashes and help flush out the remains of viruses and spyware.
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-24 13:34 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-24 14:00   
It looks/sounds like your anti-virus software is preventing the patching from actually writing the patch file to disk.

Try turning off your AV while patching... make sure your running as admin. Are you using any type of internet accelerator?

-F
[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2012-09-24 14:02 ]

Goto the website of Faustus
Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 14:36   
Hi, yeah i disabled both anti virus and firewall when i couldnt get it to work, tried all kinds, no accelerators, just bog standard IE.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-24 14:41   
Did you try running as "Admin"?
Do you have plenty of disk space?
Did you check taskmgr to make sure there isn't another GCQL.exe still running other than the one?

Additionally, we install into C:/GameCQ/ to avoid UAC problems with self-patching, did you use the default install path?

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2012-09-24 14:42 ]

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 14:59   
Yeah ran as administrator, got over 500GB free space, definitely checked task manager because i had to end all processes when it was hanging for too long.

I also installed to 3 differnt hard drives to see if there was a problem with mine but it kept coming back with the same issue, believe it or not i also tried with UAC on and off.

One thing i noticed when performing a fresh install of DS whether it is relevant or not was the desktop shortcut image:

This was after it finished installing

And this was when i reinstalled over the already installed DS

[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-24 15:03 ]

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-24 15:12   
Can you check in the C:/GameCQ/ directory for a GCQL.log file, if you find it could you post the contents..

Obviously, after you try to run it to patch and it just hangs for a long long time..

[ This Message was edited by: Faustus on 2012-09-24 15:12 ]

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 15:14   
Is this log file going to contain what you need since i am now able to log in?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-09-24 15:29   
It should still have the errors .

Two Face
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-24 15:39   
There's not one line of text in it, empty.
[ This Message was edited by: Two Face on 2012-09-24 15:40 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-25 01:46   
I too am having the same issues.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled DS, and restarted. No luck. Ran as Admin and turned off all AV and Firewalls and still no luck.

Note I only get stuck the first time after reinstalling - after that it hangs a little on the Smart Update process (for a minute or so) before moving on. It attempts to connect to GCQL but it never even gets to the login screen before it stops responding and eventually gives the error: Failed to connect to GameCQ server; please try again later.

My GameCQ.log file doesn't have anything in it after 9/22, and it was fine up until the last update.

-Ent

Page created in 0.021345 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR