Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Krill
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Krill
[-clamup1995-]
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-02 15:46   
Is the Krill to be refactored? or stay as it is? I've been anxious to see the new setup you guys come up with.

The Few. The Proud. The K'luth.

For the Horde!

Email [-clamup1995-]
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-02 15:51   
Add more SI and less armor maybe.

[ This Message was edited by: Flash. on 2012-09-02 15:52 ]

Email *Flash*
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-09-02 20:52   
kluth allready have the crapiest armour. if you remove armour from them even one plate people might not use it.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
[-clamup1995-]
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 02:00   
i was thinking this for the Krill..:

Armor: 2 aft, 2-3 port and starboard, then 3 in fore

Weapons: 2-3 disruptors, 3-4 assault disruptors, 5-6 SI, and have Psionic shoot 4-5 360*

Misc: 2-3 aux gens, cloaking of course, same engines, etc...

Too OP? or do you think that fits the Badge and Rank requirements? anyone is welcome for suggestions, that way we help the devs with ideas and get the new krill up n running so Kluth can get the Krill back in action, because right now, the Krill will never be used in it's current state.

Also, every faction but Kluth have a tank ship, ICC have the Assault Dreadnaught, UGTO have the Elite Assault Dreadnaught, Kluth? closest thing is the siphon but is mainly beams and if the target is out of range...you're screwed, mandi is good for kluth range but armor isn't the best.

[ This Message was edited by: clamup *XO3* on 2012-09-03 02:13 ]

For the Horde!

Email [-clamup1995-]
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-09-03 04:09   
Quote:

On 2012-09-03 02:00, clamup *XO3* wrote:

Weapons: 2-3 disruptors, 3-4 assault disruptors, 5-6 SI, and have Psionic shoot 4-5 360*

Too OP? or do you think that fits the Badge and Rank requirements? anyone is welcome for suggestions, that way we help the devs with ideas and get the new krill up n running so Kluth can get the Krill back in action, because right now, the Krill will never be used in it's current state.

Also, every faction but Kluth have a tank ship, ICC have the Assault Dreadnaught, UGTO have the Elite Assault Dreadnaught, Kluth? closest thing is the siphon but is mainly beams and if the target is out of range...you're screwed, mandi is good for kluth range but armor isn't the best.

[ This Message was edited by: clamup *XO3* on 2012-09-03 02:13 ]

Why take a station when you have this?
Same number of cores as a UGTO BS on all sides, more cannons, slightly less beams, cloaking, more armor plates, ahr, 15 gu speed, and no energy problems.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 04:22   
Quote:

Way too OP. 1 disruptor and 1 AD on the fore and broadsides, 4 dual arc SI: one pair left/front, the other right/front, and 4 psi cannons
seems more reasonable to me

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-09-03 04:49   
Quote:

If an EAD's target is out of beam range its in the same boat as siphon. As for a tank ship....... K'luth arn't supposed to have a tank anything.

[ This Message was edited by: Afro Man on 2012-09-03 04:50 ]

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 07:13   
krill purpose in combat: mid-long range.

krill was the step between mandy and ganglia. rangewise: siphon, mandy, krill, ganglia.

So it it obvious krill should have more si, to get over psi cannon range of mandy but stay under missle range of ganglia. what can be removed to achieve that goal? i'd say beam weaps

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-03 09:18   
the krill is fine the way it is. it was changed to what it was to nerf it down from what it was before the dred layout changes.

Email Borgie
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 09:33   
Quote:

On 2012-09-03 09:18, Borgie wrote:
the krill is fine the way it is. it was changed to what it was to nerf it down from what it was before the dred layout changes.

If it's so fine why don't I see you, or anyone else for that matter, in a Krill for more than 10 minutes?

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 09:36   
Quote:

the krill would be fine... if it was a VA ship

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 09:52   
Quote:

If it's so fine why don't I see you, or anyone else for that matter, in a Krill for more than 10 minutes?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-09-03 10:12   
IMO the Krill should go back go.the 1.5 version; which had
6 dual arc SIs
4 PSIs
4 to 6 beams
Remove the single rear SI

Definitely not the most recent 8 SI version. That was way too OP.

Justification:
6 SIs do eat up energy quite rapidly if spammed.
The few beams and lack of torps means that it cannot function as an assault ship
The low number of quick firing PSIs means it can't adequately defend itself against smaller and nimbler enemies.
It simply becomes a mid range fire support ship, as originally intended. And without being too OP.

[-clamup1995-]
Marshal

Posted: 2012-09-03 14:09   
Quote:

On 2012-09-03 04:22, Incinarator |SoT| |XO| wrote:
Quote:

Way too OP. 1 disruptor and 1 AD on the fore and broadsides, 4 dual arc SI: one pair left/front, the other right/front, and 4 psi cannons

with the rank and badges in mind? is it still OP? because it's Grand Admiral and many gold badges. i'm not tring to make it OP, just making it reasonable with the rank requirements

For the Horde!

Email [-clamup1995-]
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-09-03 14:41   
Quote:

On 2012-09-03 14:09, clamup *XO3* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-09-03 04:22, Incinarator |SoT| |XO| wrote:
Quote:

with the rank and badges in mind? is it still OP? because it's Grand Admiral and many gold badges. i'm not tring to make it OP, just making it reasonable with the rank requirements

When designing ships, try not to think about rank/badges too much.
There will always be a lot(comparatively) of people who can fly it(unless it's CM, plat star).

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027575 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR