Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Last minute changes to 1.680 before release?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author Last minute changes to 1.680 before release?
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-26 12:23   
Personally I still think it's an insta win card for ugto(and a balance mistake), as there is no possible way to counter it other than to kill the EMP equipped ships(very frustating). Ugto now has the best support stat( it can still tank massive damage), best cannon ships(as they can disable you if you get into EMP range), and the best close range ship, ( we all know how deadly the EAD is). It's also kind of annoying that they are the only faction that gets such a device. Just my Totally biased opinion, but those EMP's are super frustrating.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality on 2012-08-26 12:25 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-08-26 13:13   
Personally, I always thought AD>EAD.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Spicker
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-26 13:32   
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 12:23, Fatal Brutality wrote:
Personally I still think it's an insta win card for ugto(and a balance mistake), as there is no possible way to counter it other than to kill the EMP equipped ships(very frustating). Ugto now has the best support stat( it can still tank massive damage), best cannon ships(as they can disable you if you get into EMP range), and the best close range ship, ( we all know how deadly the EAD is). It's also kind of annoying that they are the only faction that gets such a device. Just my Totally biased opinion, but those EMP's are super frustrating.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Brutality on 2012-08-26 12:25 ]

yes they are ..but the only way to deal with it is to focus the emp boat's ....and tough luck if they are 2-3

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-26 20:28   
Quote:

On 2012-08-26 10:27, Schroedingers Gun wrote:
sorry to sound negative, but this seems to me render smaller ICC ships even more useless, if a ugto dread can cripple any thing smaller than a dread in on alpha from systems damage i struggle to see a reason to use them

If you can dodge pcannons you can dance around EMP shots. They are much slower and have shorter range than pcannons.

EMP does seem very binary atm, either ruining a fleet or being ignored because of having a few supply stats. This furthers the fact that EMP is largely ignored by ICC which frequently fields some stats for ammo and general reps while giving Kluth problems as they rarely field stats. (though stats can no longer be dictored to death, meaning there is much less risk in using them in deep space, especially Kluth stats which do not have the tanking power of other factions)

Do keep in mind though that an EMP ship is trading almost all of his/her DPS to disable ships.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-26 23:18   
EMP torp doesn't damage armor nor hull. Then 1 vs 1, you don't have to worry because that guy already sacrifice DPS for extra property.

ELF torps drains your energy, which mean after some alpha, all your gadget may not cooldown. Then 1 vs 1, you should have to worry.

Personally, ELF torps is no doubt but the best tool for Siphon. Whilst EMP torp is best for what, I don't really know.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-27 10:24   
Quote:

If you can dodge pcannons you can dance around EMP shots. They are much slower and have shorter range than pcannons.

Wrong if they have shorter range then the ship shooting has to be close at witch point dodgeing in a dread is impossible never mind the fact that to remain hidden no luth dread can go above 12 gu...

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-27 14:20   
Quote:

On 2012-08-27 10:24, RogueAvenger wrote:
Quote:

Wrong if they have shorter range then the ship shooting has to be close at witch point dodgeing in a dread is impossible never mind the fact that to remain hidden no luth dread can go above 12 gu...

I was referring to the statement that EMP would make ICC small ships useless because a few salvos would wipe a small ship of its systems.
ICC small ships easily dance around pcannons and even QSTs, so the slower and shorter range EMP should not be a problem, even point jumping will not guarantee hits on an experienced player that does not lose his calm.

EMP can and will hit dreads, so it will hit dreads, not much you can do about that. The shorter range is flawed logic as pcannons are still harder to dodge at the same range.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-27 14:35   
You are all free to compile your findings and deliver us results of tests conducted. We are more than willing to tweak things that become problematic, but our own tests have not shown problematic situations. If you've managed to break EMP such that it is an instant-win button, do share it with us. If you're under fire by an instant-win EMP, tell us. Attach screenshots as well.

"I'm sure that x is the case" does not always equate to "x is the case", so the more evidence and numbers you can use to back up your claim the better.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-08-27 20:36   
Suggestion: make cloak undamagable by EMP OR:

Bring our ELF capabalities to where we can disable their ships just as easy as they can disable ours by sucking them dry of energy in say, 3-5 salvos of full ELF beams and ELF torps. Too easy? maybe 6-8 salvos til they're dry.
Would that be too powerfull agaisnt ICC? Make shields resistant to ELF(i think they already are)

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-28 01:08   
Quote:

On 2012-08-27 20:36, |xTc| *XO* wrote:

Bring our ELF capabalities to where we can disable their ships just as easy as they can disable ours by sucking them dry of energy in say, 3-5 salvos of full ELF beams and ELF torps. Too easy? maybe 6-8 salvos til they're dry.
Would that be too powerfull agaisnt ICC? Make shields resistant to ELF(i think they already are)

this wouldnt be as bad either at least then its more a matter of who brakes who's systems first and if icc shields arn resistant maybe give them that back so they have the advatge there

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-28 07:44   
I just wanted to say we're looking into health values of gadgets and what EMP is doing to them. We're either going to revert this in beta xor modify all the gadget health numbers to be more consistent sometime soon.

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-28 10:35   
as anyone ever thouht that now Kluth need to field an extra ship that the other 2 faction almsot always field?

The supply ship

Never have we seen kluth with supply ship reping them close by.
yet ICC and UGTO always has 1 or 2 around

Kluth doesn't think outside there own Organic shells i beleive. i did play as Kluth, And that when i noticed "Why the hell ain't there 1 supply ship when needed?"

Oh thats right, Kluth doesn't need supply ships, kluth doesn't need planet. kluth doesn't need anything

well, now they do
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-28 11:27   
[quote]On 2012-08-28 10:35, Zero28 wrote:
as anyone ever thouht that now Kluth need to field an extra ship that the other 2 faction almsot always field?

The supply ship

Never have we seen kluth with supply ship reping them close by.
yet ICC and UGTO always has 1 or 2 around

Kluth doesn't think outside there own Organic shells i beleive. i did play as Kluth, And that when i noticed "Why the hell ain't there 1 supply ship when needed?"/quote]
The supply ship must uncloak to repair the damaged one, that's not something you wanna see in a battle.

And should I say that ultimate worker is very fragile because it lacks rear armor?

And should you be in a worker when Luth has a habit to build several plats around and you'll gain more prestige in dread than worker?

That's it.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-08-28 11:49   
kluth needs experienced supply ships... and a demand for them

kluth ships rarely used to decloak before 1.673. they dont decloak unless there is a good chance of killing an enemy.

decloak more, guys... dont use cloak so much. give a beating, take a beating, and run so that supply ships can repair you.

supply-demand benefit, kluth captains will be better off using player supply ships than not using them.

@kluth supply ships are weak - stay cloaked until someone's cloak device is damaged. decloak and repair them. if your own cloak is damaged, decloak and repair yourself. EMP has only a chance to damage cloak.

@devs pls make it so cloak can work properly even at 95% health. a station should not get decloaked because of just 1 (one) lucky EMP hit...
2) EMP cannons should deal less system damage per hit, as systems will constantly be hit by EMP gunships and similar. compensate by pls giving EMP cannons some armor/shields damage.

as it is, EMP is kinda polarised right now. pure systems damage is both overpowered and inherently underpowered. it should have some offensive capability too.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-28 13:19   
Quote:

kluth ships rarely used to decloak

decloak more, guys...

we have no problem with decloaking its the re-cloaking that we cant do which puts them at a major disadbatge at the start of the fight as they lack the surviabilty that the other factions do and be able to cloak is ment to kinda make up for that the only possible way that a luth can now even attack is is to jump in cloak get close attack jump out after he has 2 maybe 2/3 alphas if that... there is no jump in cloak get close decloak attack maybe do a short jumo just to rep/rechagre.. because if u do u cloak wont work.

And to Zero.. have u ever flown a luth supply ship you blow up the second some one thinks that your there... and most of the time you give away the dread your trying to repairs location so you wont only not repair there cloak you'll probly get the dread killed...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034463 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR