- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.674] Beta Feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author [1.674] Beta Feedback
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-05 17:49   
Like persistance said Beta was very unplayable today.....

However i would like to report what we found in the times we did test things.

Test #1- Assault Drednaught(Standard Loadout)(Nicon*OO*) vs. Battle Drednaught(Standard Armor with 2 EMP cannons on forward arcs)(Admiral Shark)

-Started at 1000gu apart from each other. upon commencing battle. it was noticed that the AD rips through the BD as the AD is meant for high knife fighting the BD held its own scoring hits on the AD taking down the Shields in normal time. this battle ended with the both ships hurt. (It seemed to be a normal battle like the MV always is)

-Test #2- Assault Drednaught(Long Range Varient-Sabots w/skirmish shields)(Infinity*CO*) vs. Battle drednaught (same loadout in T#1)

-Started at 1000gu apart from each other. upon commencing battle it was noticed that the AD's Sabots were very effective they were very hard to dodge. within 2 Salvo's the BD was hulled slightly. being blasted with Particle cannons and 2 EMP cannons i noticed the AD's Skirmish shields were EXTREMLY Effective. they seem to be very capable to handle Kinetic weapons. while in T#1 the shields of the AD went down in a normal amount of hits; it seemed like the Skirmish aloud for a few or so more 100% salvo's. the sabots seem to done much more work then when i previously tested them. the Sabots with no Min. arming distance was greatly helpful as i could keep at a distance and keep my shields strong and knock him down but when i need to get close i could cause serious damage with beams and sabots. Also i noticed that the Energy consumption on the Skirmish shields was VERY Small. in the end the AD came out victorious however damaged(mainly do to lasers).

Overall the test was very accurate to situations in the MV. (for both test)
-Nearly 100% Accuracy for everyone
-No enhancements
-Reflective on Pilot skills to win

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-08-05 18:12   
Quote:

On 2012-08-05 15:12, Lt. Adina wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-05 03:07, Raje wrote:
bugs-
projectiles appear to randomly insta-hit random ships on random arcs or pass through planets and ships (visual bug). damage is dealt normally.

enhancements and resources in cargo can be destroyed by area damage (infantry not affected).

Can you please Explain this one in more detail if possible? Thank's

-Adina

Cargo objects are targetable for some reason even after being loaded, and are able to be destroyed by anything with splash damage.

Actually now that I think about it could that possibly be part of why beta is so unstable right now? It's like the objects are being tracked twice, once in the actual cargo list and again as an active object. I'm guessing troops are still treated normally because they're already active objects even when loaded as cargo?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-05 18:32   
Beta is crashing due to a bug I introduced. It's been fixed and is just waiting for the daily update to push it through.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-05 22:23   
Bugs of resource.
I had 970 res in cargo, then I loaded 100k res, so my ship had: slot 1 - 970 res, slot 2 - 100k res. Then I built a sup plat. All the res disappeared. I knew that it should have been 5k instead of 100k, but even 5970 res - 3000 res = 2970 res.

In 1.673, when a Kluth ship's signature is under 0, the planet doesn't attack it. I found out that planet kept shooting ship regardless its signature was high negative in Beta. My question is: does planet detect any ship wihthin a specific range?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-08-05 22:29 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-05 22:46   
We're aware of the cargo issues with resources and whatnot, please don't keep reporting the same thing.

@Infinity, I'm nots ure how to take your second test, as you stated you mainly took damage from the lasers on the BD, which is hard to take as the BD only has one HCL. Would you mind redoing the test at some point?

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-06 04:24   
Quote:

On 2012-08-05 22:46, Pantheon wrote:

@Infinity, I'm nots ure how to take your second test, as you stated you mainly took damage from the lasers on the BD, which is hard to take as the BD only has one HCL. Would you mind redoing the test at some point?

I was using skirmish shields and when we got close to each other at one point the lasers ate the shields

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-08-08 15:45   
Where UGTO QST range Increased and The Ion torp range Decreased?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-08 16:55   
Quote:

On 2012-08-08 15:45, SupremeCommander~Ray[OU] wrote:
Where UGTO QST range Increased and The Ion torp range Decreased?

No...

See development log for what has changed...

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-13 12:06   
Still need feedback on beta.

Will hopefully be in beta this evening spawning some things to shoot so people can test things out.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-08-13 12:07 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-13 12:20   
Not necessary any more. EDIT: What I wrote here, that is. Feedback on Beta is still very much appreciated.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2012-08-13 18:59 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-13 18:16   
Fattie spoke of Chitin penalty somewhere in forum, I don't remember. Maybe he may write it in Dev log again. I just installed Chitin on Kluth dread and find the penalty (sig & mass) was a bit high.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-08-13 20:45   
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 18:16, chlorophyll wrote:
Fattie spoke of Chitin penalty somewhere in forum, I don't remember. Maybe he may write it in Dev log again. I just installed Chitin on Kluth dread and find the penalty (sig & mass) was a bit high.

ok so on the siphon all chit not moving my sig was 24 wow. moving at 10 gu my sig s 40 and if i alpha it's 79. the mandible was close to the same but the server dissconnected on me while i was testing it and didn't write it down before hand.
power consumption: speed 8 g.u with ecm on no power loss any thing higher and it starts droping. ecm off best speed 9.6 no power loss.
the mandible speed is higher due to more gens. so is this the penalty for using chit? hope it's tweeked some. i understand the penalty but hoope i doesnt stay that high. kinda scared to see the sig on the hive with all chit.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-13 21:00   
Remember signature is no longer a factor in how long a ship takes to cloak, just by how much energy it takes to remain cloaked.

Also try to remember that Chit armor is vastly improved over what is in release.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017883 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR