Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Grouping in DS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Grouping in DS
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-08-09 09:48   
It's already there:

Grouping has been tweaked so that all allies now get 10% of your prestige awarded as Bonus Prestige.

I'll add more information though, as Kamikazi, Self Destucts, Planet Collisions, negative Constructon (scrapping structures), Bonus Prestige, Jumps, Kills, and Killed are not shared anymore.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-08-09 10:07 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-08-09 10:07   
can the gains earned by group members be affected by the ship class they are flying?
scouts, frigates, engineers, transports - 10%
supplies, destroyers, cruisers - 7%
dreads, superdreads - 5%
stations - 2~3%

one thoughtful step towards encouraging scoutspace

the new groupng idea seems much better than the current version
[ This Message was edited by: Raje on 2012-08-09 10:11 ]

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-09 10:49   
Probably best to just keep it simple and at a set % across the board instead of assigning indivudal ships/classes different amounts.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-08-09 14:14   
O ok i see it Thank's Panth. and +1 What the guy above me said. And Panth Could you space out some of the Dev log. I past over it Cuz every thing is so squished together Look's Like 1 big block Just 1 space will do. I know i need to get glasses or something.

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-11 12:43   
Quote:

On 2012-08-03 17:50, Firestorm wrote:
DarkSpace has always been a game that's supposed to encourage teamwork and group play. When I first started playing, every time I was in a game I would see large squadrons of ships working together or fighting. Now when I play, I only see that occasionally if at all. Usually I only see a pair or trio of ships together for any length of time.

I think something that is impleted poorly is the way grouping works. I've spent more time in groups this week and asking other players about it. Very few people would want to group if at all (usually very new players or people who wouldn't be doing a whole lot while we were grouped). I've been repeatedly led to believe (and I do believe it) that grouping is a bad thing for most players. This contradicts the idea of teamwork and group play that DarkSpace is supposed to encourage and expect of the players.

To encourage more cooperative play and make groups a positive aspect of the game, I think we should get rid of all splitting of prestige in the groups (nothing is shared at all). From there, about 5 or 10 percent of what you earn or lose in prestige is shared as bonus prestige with the other group members. If you gain 100 prestige, you keep all 100 of it and the other members will get 10 bonus prestige (or lose those amounts). Additionally, this bonus prestige would only be shared with a group member if that member is within 2,500 gu of the player that earns it. Keeping within that distance allows for maneuvering in combat, fire support and front-line units working together, or an engineering ship and defenders working together.

I think changing the grouping system in this way will go a long way in bringing squadron-on-squadron battles back in DarkSpace without providing so much bonus prestige that it breaks the game.

Yeeeeessss +11111111

Even though i grouped or saw groups in almost all of the battles i participated in...

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-11 13:12   
Quote:

On 2012-08-09 09:13, SupremeCommander~Ray[OU] wrote:
And possible an Explination So that a NOOB like myself can understand.

Basicaly you dont lose pres in a group you gain 10% of whatever someone else does in the group as bonus prestige

[correct me if thats wrong]

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015318 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR