- Weekly DarkSpace
05/18/24 +1.2 Days
- Towel Day
05/25/24 +7.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » interdictor-change (beta)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author interdictor-change (beta)
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-27 08:45   
I'm personally a fan of affecting things that enhancements don't affect, such as energy regeneration or your max energy pool.

How do people feel about those things? Aside from effects, what about range? 1k gu range means UGTO cannot engage the Command Cruiser without suffering penalties from it (except by using Fighters/Missiles), and UGTO cannot engage it without penalties at all.

Should the range be reduced, or is it only fair that someone flying a Command Cruiser be given the advantage of the aura actually always applying against enemies they're engaging?

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-27 09:03   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 08:45, Bardiche wrote:
I'm personally a fan of affecting things that enhancements don't affect, such as energy regeneration or your max energy pool.

How do people feel about those things? Aside from effects, what about range? 1k gu range means UGTO cannot engage the Command Cruiser without suffering penalties from it (except by using Fighters/Missiles), and UGTO cannot engage it without penalties at all.

Should the range be reduced, or is it only fair that someone flying a Command Cruiser be given the advantage of the aura actually always applying against enemies they're engaging?

This is pretty much my preference as well.

As far as Debuffs go, I'm thinking along the lines of reduced EWAR effectiveness, reduced manueverability/longer JD times/slower energy regen, longer weapon recharge times, etc.

As far as buffs go, I was thinking the opposite of those same things. And of course, considering just how many things it can effect, you can have alot of fun with it.

The thing that bothers me though, is that unless they are significant buffs, you'll need several of these ships to have a noticeable effect and well, at least for right now considering the size of the playerbase I think thats pretty unworkable.

I want to encourage people to use them without spamming them. Since we can't make them non-stackable, the next best alternative is to give them a lower soft cap, if we can.

Lets use the Gravity Well Generator as an example. Instead of starting out at a very low 4%, we can instead start it out at 15% or so. That way bringing that one ship to the table (rather than another damn EAD) is worth it to the fleet. However, bringing another ship with the same aura won't be nearly as effective, maybe only boosting the total debuff to 20%, and dropping off even more from there.

This way if you choose to use Command ships, you'll have to branch out variety wise.

I would highly advocate though that we don't give them too much firepower, otherwise people will simply spam different Command Ships with different auras. The key is to make them a support ship at heart.

-Ent

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-27 09:22   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 08:27, Daagda Moor wrote:
Will there be a Summon Gaifens aura as well?

It would be:

Summon Dire Gaifen
Conjuration (Summoning)
Level: Developer 15, Admin 10
Components: S (Scripting), V (Verbal)
Casting Time: 10 LUA Calculations
Range: Server Zone
Effect: Summon one Dire Gaifen
Duration: 10 Minutes / level
Saving Throw: Forums only (-5 penalty for Players)
Spell Resistance: No

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-27 09:25   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 09:03, Enterprise wrote:

I would highly advocate though that we don't give them too much firepower, otherwise people will simply spam different Command Ships with different auras. The key is to make them a support ship at heart.

-Ent

Like this?
http://darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php&topic=53044&forum=1

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-07-27 09:28   
I agree with not giving too much firepower to these ships. Otherwise they would be too useful not to spam. That said, don't make them too defenseless either.

Addressing Bard's thoughts, I would like to once again point out that C3 auras should not affect ship performance areas like speed, accel, turn rates or energy. It just doesn't make sense.

Lastly, Jack, how about subjecting the interdictor ship's negative effects on itself too. I mean, there's got to be a downside to using it right?

This way u can give it a 20% JD charge rate effect on the enemy as well as itself. By using the dico, the ship might find itself being left behind shd the tables turn, so careful use will be encouraged. And perhaps this factor will discourage spammage.

Can it technically be done?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-07-27 09:31 ]

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-07-27 09:54   
Ok I have read a lot of stuff. And i argee with both parties on this matter. Lets talk about the Command ship it self for a bit. In all Sifi movies/games /what ever the role of the command ship is to be at the center of a fleet assisting in varies way's. Fighter's/Some have missles/Most Importantly They are the one Giveing the order's to the fleet. That said.

The command ship should-
1) Have fighter's
2) Be able to command a Entire Fleet (Raise rank for this ship to FA) Would make since. Admiral's Have command of A ship not an entire fleet. That's why they call it FLEET admiral.
Aurua's-
1) Increase sensor range
2) Increse Enemy sig/decrease Fleet sig.(Allied)
Now these are the only 2 thing's That i can see it haveing That doesnt include station work. (Make it realistic)Repair's ect.
What a command ship would not realistically have Would be such thing's As increase/decrease weapon range/cool down/damage. Not realistic.
FTL Disableing i can see Defence buff's to entire fleet is a NO! Any thing that can be done By use of Electronic's Emmiting from Command ship is ok.

Now if you really want it to be a Command ship. With the whole increase sensor stuff, Notice in Movie's and stuff It's really only the command ship that can see further and Take reading from far away planet's and all that cool stuff, I think it should be just that But by defult. Command ship itself have a scanner that can see(Structur's ect.) Far away planet's That arnt Friendly planet's. EX ICC Command ship sitting at Kona can see what's Going on at Kluth Controled planet in Boralis. If said player wanted to see if said planet had a dictor He would
1) Activate His/her Advanced scanner
2) Click on planet
3) Hit F3.
and if he/she wanted to look around the planet(300GU range But can be changed to small er range) They would have to
1) Activate there advanced scanner
2) Hit F2 and look around BUT They can only see 300gu range Cant see a supply plat near the planet that's 301 Gu from the planet.
Yea im kinda all over with this post I have idea's running around in my head hard to keep track of all of them. Point is if your making aurua's for Command ship Dont make it have anything that an EHN can make it do Minus the new ECM/ECCM ehn. Like No power effect's How is going to magically transfer Power to FF ship's?/Limit power usage for a ship? How is going to change a ship's speed magically?This may be edited at later time.
[ This Message was edited by: SupremeCommander~Ray[OU] on 2012-07-27 09:58 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-27 09:58   
Quote:
* Targetting Computer Jammer : reduces enemy ship damage by 4% within 1000gu radius.

I'm not a fan of this aura because it reduces players prestige. From enemy side, they do less damage, they earn less prestige. From the dictor side, allies do less supply, hence earn less prestige.

But, if there is an aura which slows projectile speed down, it's perfect.

Or, stretching cooldown time. There is no enhancement can do that. An aura on this effect is awesome.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-07-27 10:04   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 09:28, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
I agree with not giving too much firepower to these ships. Otherwise they would be too useful not to spam. That said, don't make them too defenseless either.

Addressing Bard's thoughts, I would like to once again point out that C3 auras should not affect ship performance areas like speed, accel, turn rates or energy. It just doesn't make sense.

Lastly, Jack, how about subjecting the interdictor ship's negative effects on itself too. I mean, there's got to be a downside to using it right?

This way u can give it a 20% JD charge rate effect on the enemy as well as itself. By using the dico, the ship might find itself being left behind shd the tables turn, so careful use will be encouraged. And perhaps this factor will discourage spammage.

Can it technically be done?

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-07-27 09:31 ]

Unfortunately not. When we set an aura it has a switch to effect enemies or friendlies, that's it.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-07-27 11:35   
i've seen a lot of other issues over past few updates, still untouched....yet somehow dico gets..uh...re-defined?
i dont remember dico being a that big of a issue... hey, why dont you remove jump drives as well? jd allows dreads to jump smaller ships, killing them with unfair advantage, so therefore it is an issue. ppl log off dure to that too...
just my opinion

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-07-27 11:36   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 11:35, Ravendark wrote:
i've seen a lot of other issues over past few updates, still untouched....yet somehow dico gets..uh...re-defined?
i dont remember dico being a that big of a issue... hey, why dont you remove jump drives as well? jd allows dreads to jump smaller ships, killing them with unfair advantage, so therefore it is an issue. ppl log off dure to that too...
just my opinion

Read the thread.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-07-27 11:54   
some ideas for auras, with specific roles-
defence aura-

+5% beam range
+3% beam cooldown rate
-3% beam cooldown energy needed
-5% beam damage

+3% eccm range (longwave, standard)
+3% eccm strength (narrowband, focused)
+4% scanner strength
-4% thrust (ships moving slower for beam and sensor boost)

stealth aura-
+5% ecm strength (all)
-4% top speed
+4% acceleration/thrust
-5% weapon cooldown rate (slower rate probably gives off lesser signature)
+4% weapon range

assault aura
+8% weapon cooldown rate
+3% weapon cooldown energy
-4% weapon range
+2% weapon damage

-3% beam range
+2% beam damage
+4% beam cooldown energy
+8% beam cooldown rate
(notice, these combos give both shorter time to recharge weapon and a greater energy cost. disadvantage for ships with low power)

Daagda Moor
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-27 12:41   
The main problem with the dictor was actually quite a simple one to fix.

A gravity well generator, which is what an interdictor is, should sop ALL jump drives from functioning, not just an enemy's.

The second major issue was the lack of serious power drain that a CRUISER would face if it was using one. Of course, you could always pack a few energy rechargers along with you, but it would still have been a proper negative to using a dictor.
I still dont see how having more ships that demand a non-existant player base to use effectively is supposedly a better option. Dont we have enough ships sitting on the shelf in mothballs for this reason? Aggy being a perfect example.

Email Daagda Moor   Goto the website of Daagda Moor
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-07-27 12:54   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 12:41, Daagda Moor wrote:
I still dont see how having more ships that demand a non-existant player base to use effectively is supposedly a better option. Dont we have enough ships sitting on the shelf in mothballs for this reason? Aggy being a perfect example.

I'm confused as to how these ships demand a non-existant player base to use.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-27 13:02   
He means they need player numbers that we don't have to be effectively used.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-07-27 13:11   
Quote:

On 2012-07-27 13:02, Talien wrote:
He means they need player numbers that we don't have to be effectively used.

They can be used effectively on their own. I'm not quite sure what it is about "layouts aren't final" and "numbers aren't final", that people aren't getting.

Jump to conclusions and judge more, by all means. It's not at all tiring, repetitive or frustrating.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-07-27 13:11 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021324 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR