Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » interdictor-change (beta)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
 Author interdictor-change (beta)
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-26 09:08   
How would the Command Cruiser be brought "up-to-par"? Rather than point at things that're "bad", it might be an idea to focus on solutions and point out what we could do to make the ship more attractive to you.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-26 09:12   
Quote:

On 2012-07-26 09:08, Bardiche wrote:
How would the Command Cruiser be brought "up-to-par"? Rather than point at things that're "bad", it might be an idea to focus on solutions and point out what we could do to make the ship more attractive to you.

I'm sorry if my post seemed that way. There was an idea at the end of my post(not sure if you read it or not). I have a couple other ideas about it but I'm still thinking about them.

[ This Message was edited by: Persistance *CO* on 2012-07-26 09:12 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-26 09:12   
Quote:

On 2012-07-26 09:00, Pantheon wrote:

You say that like it required skill to fly an interdictor.

Population is a matter of advertising, fixing annoying little bugs that stop people playing, and getting the game to a point in which it's enjoyable for everyone and not annoying them and frustrating them to a point where they log off.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-07-26 09:02 ]
[/quote]

Yes, it did require at least a small amount of skill to fly a dictor. Even still, it would have been better to remove it, in MY OPINION, than adding some push - a - button - and - forget - it area affect.

And I would agree that bug fixxing is one of the main issues that faces DS atm.

Trannies that pile up at planets and sit idle. Orbiting a planet can cause you to desynch - and that issue has been here for 2 years now. Mining beams that are still squirrely half the time (issue been ongoing for over 5 years). Resource updating bugs that keep the resources dropped on a platform from appearing, causing nubs to go "wtf!" (issue that has been around for over two years).

AI purchases that still dont function correctly, that kill the income the game needs to survive (issue has been here since DS went F2P).

I could go on, but it isnt needed.

I see now how the interdictor gets that priority of being fixed lol.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-26 09:21   
why does a lot of things get included in this discussion.

the discussion is, do you like:

a) the old interdictor
b) the new interdictor

and add why.

i like the new interdictor over the old one. maybe the percentage of bonus needs a change in the future, but i feel that needs more metaverse practice testing first.

The old interdictors where easy to kill in a small ship, if the interdictor couldnt jump to 700 gu range and let his ffriends kill u...or if it doesnt hide on top of a station...

With the changes to a command aura (of witch i cant remember anyone complaining when the command aura idea first went into the beta section of the dev log) i feel a standstill in the battle is prevented, and things keep moving around. 4%dmg for 5 ships still doesnt counts as 1 extra ship..is why i think maybe after testing more the % bonus might need a small increase
[ This Message was edited by: Hakketak on 2012-07-26 09:23 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-26 09:22   
Quote:

On 2012-07-26 09:12, Azreal wrote:

Trannies that pile up at planets and sit idle. Orbiting a planet can cause you to desynch - and that issue has been here for 2 years now. Mining beams that are still squirrely half the time (issue been ongoing for over 5 years). Resource updating bugs that keep the resources dropped on a platform from appearing, causing nubs to go "wtf!" (issue that has been around for over two years).

AI purchases that still dont function correctly, that kill the income the game needs to survive (issue has been here since DS went F2P).

I could go on, but it isnt needed.

I see now how the interdictor gets that priority of being fixed lol.

Oh hey, let's go check how many of those issues have been reported, let's not even get into "steps to reproduce this bug being included in the report". The first one was mentioned in a forum post, okay. The other ... 4 issues I haven't seen _anything_ on and I don't have these issues myself when I go in game.

Also, theirs the issue of "things we can fix". Those issues you mention there are something BackSlash and I probably cannot fix; those are bugs that (if we could easily reproduce how they happen) Faustus would need to fix.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-07-26 10:14   
When a bug gets reported, myself and Fattierob look at the issue half the time, and we cannot figure out why on earth it'd be causing an issue, and it usually ends up being some completely unrelated issue with something deeper down in the engine or logic.

Reporting bugs is a massive, massive, massive thing - we cannot be obline 24/7 to see a vogue post in a topic we don't read, or a forum thread that gets lost to time. It's very difficult to see and hear everything - writing an email to bugs@palestar.com or simply opening a ticket helps us massively.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-26 11:06   
Okay i never thought about it like Persistance just said. this will take alot of what ICC uses as tactics and Destroys it. Persistance is right he flew Interdictors all the time to help myself in a Missile Drednaught or myself in a station. he was a great team player and now where is the Missile dred left DEAD. this will completley ruin the ship because u have no protection but other ships and your team may be caught up somewhere. this is a bad idea i feel.

However is there a way we could keep the Interdictor maybe on a Command Station as its already a huge ship an in all that space it could make room for a dico maybe a slightly nerfed dico maybe 600 gu AOE.

Or Lets give the Missile Drednaught itself a interdictor and small one not a full 1000gu but something like 500 or 600. to give the Ship enough time to Meanuveor

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-26 11:23   
I've personally very rarely seen ICC use an Interdictor to protect a Missile Dreadnought except when accompanied by various Support Stations, which causes aforementioned issue with people logging off.

We're not removing the device so we can add it to another ship. That'd be backwards developing.

Idly: I've checked out the bugs Azreal mentioned and managed to reproduce all but the following:

Mining Beam Bug
Ally Enhancement Bug
Orbitting Desynch Bug (Fixed in Beta)

I've no idea what they do and various tests show no bugs, so if someone could PM me what they are or submit a ticket, I can investigate.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2012-07-26 11:39 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-26 11:52   
you never see icc use a defensive indictor because it would be overkill with current opposition..

Ftl has a page or so on the subject. We where waiting untill the competition was stronger to unveil it.

Owell. i do agree. Indictor mostly just makes people log off. And most of the time it is only used when one side has a huge advantage, sealing the fate of the loosing team.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-26 12:25   
you never see icc use a defensive indictor because it would be overkill with current opposition..

Ftl has a page or so on the subject. We where waiting untill the competition was stronger to unveil it.

Owell. i do agree. Indictor mostly just makes people log off. And most of the time it is only used when one side has a huge advantage, sealing the fate of the loosing team.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-26 12:35   
....is that a half hour gap double post? ... how is that even possible ... i don't even

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-26 12:49   
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote:
* Interdictor : reduces jump drive recharge of enemy ships by 10% within 1000gu radius.
* Gravity Well Generator : reduces enemy ship speed, turn rate, and thrust by 4% within 1000gu radius.
* Targetting Computer Jammer : reduces enemy ship damage by 4% within 1000gu radius.

* Interdictor: a ship whose jumpdrive recharges in 100 seconds when enters the aura, its jumpdrive will recharges in 110 seconds.
* Gravity: a ship whose speed is 30gu/s when enters the aura, its speed will be 28.8gu/s; and so on with turn rate and thrust.
* Tagetting: ship gets 96% damage from red object source.
The effect is stackable, hence the effect is multiplied by the number of interdictor ship. 2 Interdictor => 120 seconds; 2 Gravity => 27.6gu/s; 2 Targetting => 92%.
Is it correct?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-26 12:50   
The issues with Interdictors were people being able to fly at speed and still keep the field active, and being able to jump while they had their own field active. All that's necessary to make Interdictors not so blazingly annoying is increase the energy use by another 20% or so, add a 10 second or so cooldown, and make it so they can't jump while they have an active field.

There's no reason to completely gut them and replace the jump disruptor with some something that would be almost completely useless unless the point cost for that gadget is equivalent to a Torpedo.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-26 13:22   
@Chloro: That's how it's intended. So, damage from 1000 to 960 to 920, not 1000 to 960 to 921,6.

@Talien: We had various ideas but liked this one best. Cooldowns, increased energy use and lack of jumping while engaged would not fix the problem we diagnosed.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-26 13:30   
Quote:

On 2012-07-26 12:49, chlorophyll wrote:
The effect is stackable, hence the effect is multiplied by the number of interdictor ship.

Right. Basically, we're adding/removing enhancements from the ships with this device. Say you have a ship with enhancements that gives you +25% Weapon Damage. You enter an enemy aura field that gives you -4% Weapon Damage. Your Enhancements stats will change to +21% Weapon Damage. It won't do something crazy like +25% and then -4% that larger number.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024102 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR