Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Supply plats
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Supply plats
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-14 20:47   
Quote:

On 2012-08-14 16:02, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 22:31, Borgie wrote:
insted of nerfing plats, why not further lower the amount you can have in the server. making the plats used more stragticly insted of cheap and disposeable PD.

All that would do is make them even more worthless after some newbie builds a bunch in one cluster in deep space where you can't tractor them into a planet to make room for more elsewhere.

Increasing the build time on plats isn't the way to go either. The simplest solution is still the best, remove the beams from supply plats and add a couple more to weapon plats and there you go.

Real world supply/repair depots don't come with defenses, they rely on the troops they service to protect them.

I'd agree with this.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-14 21:48   
Well, i'll come back with the idea i said before about the 2 kinds of plants.

The Aura Sup plat, which would be a plat that repairs every ships in a small area, and of course not stackable, i'd say something around 300GU, this platforms would have 2 Beams and would be more intended to be near combat. This platform would cost more ressources as it is enteded to be more combat specefic. Something around 5k

The other Platform, would be our old platform but with a tweak to its beams, being only 1 or even 0. No change to the ressource cost.

For the other platforms, i say change the actualy weapons of the Weapon platform, and make it have a better range... It is plain stupid that I can sit outside of his range and be able to shoot at it (with something else than missiles) And the same PD it has as now.

For sensor platforms, i would make them somewhat an anti-figther platform too. They're the same thing as old platform but with only, 1 or maybe 2 beams with slower fireing rate, but with a bigger range, being able to protect themself from figthers.

Oh, and lower the plat limit to a lower number. 20 or 25 or even limit to a certain numbers of per category of plats, Ex, 5-8 of each kind of plat.

Watcha think?

Hyperforce
Grand Admiral
K'Luth Revolution

Posted: 2012-09-28 10:08   
Heres an idea change strategy instead of having a standoff in stats for hours get a smaller ship fly in under radar blow up plats then move in for kill with other ships -.-

Goto the website of Hyperforce
Jumbat
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2012-09-29 03:18   
Imagine biger plats that you cannot build close to planets only in deep space provide you helh ammo and troops limited per server and per resc to build even like two loads or more of resc to build with enaf defense for protection that I think it gona be a different way for players to cap home systems and maybe something like level of build until become even a sy platform in deep space . well just a thot

Code Red
Chief Marshal
Non Omnis Moriar

Posted: 2012-10-01 03:17   
Hmmmm personally I like platforms having a form of pd whether it be a supply or sensor plat , they take time and resource to build and are limited in number as it is and tbh are easily killed as it is now.
A well built planet covered by platforms should be a challenge and require a number of ships to defeat it (even if no player is around to defend it)(especially if ai ships with pd are present), as it is now the pd at least can stop/delay missiles/bombing until the offensive team can start to reduce them with combat ships allowing the bombers to move in.
But I would also like to see planet offense increased so that 1 dessie/cruiser would struggle to survive vs a well built offense planet.

Code Red, For winning in the 1RA Fleet Wars event, here's your coupon for a week.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.015587 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR