Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Supply plats
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Supply plats
henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-13 19:22   
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 18:25, Tal\'Zak wrote:
Why not making 2 kinds of supply plats? One aura that doesn't stack and has PD, (the combat supply) and the one we have now, but without any PD.

OP

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-13 19:43   
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 19:22, henry700 wrote:
Quote:

Why not making 2 kinds of supply plats? One aura that doesn't stack and has PD, (the combat supply) and the one we have now, but without any PD.

OP

how in anyway is that OP?

Kingrammer
Vice Admiral
Vanguard

Posted: 2012-08-13 19:55   
Re number of beams on plats

0 sensor
2 supply
4-8 weapon.

Reson - Supplys have resorces, a commodity, which should be protected. 2 beams covers the attack of an oppourtunistic little bomber, but anything medium or above determined to destroy it still wont have a problem.

Kingrammer
Vice Admiral
Vanguard

Posted: 2012-08-13 20:16   
You also asked what kind of plats we need, i think you have it right as it is.

Logistical info, refuelling / ammo and guns.

But the guns need to work properly! Maybe different tyoes of weapon plats.

A Defensive turret, much as it is now. to be used to protet planets or other stationary builds / objects.

An Offensive turret. Cloaked / ECM'd, and armed with less cannons but a couple of missile launchers. It's purpose to sit as a stealth gate / route sniper, or preliminary offensives in a new system. It could provide the obvious offensive benifits, be used as a distration method...

Perhaps the missiles fitted could be swapped for different types as ships can at the yard.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-08-13 20:36   
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 19:55, Kingrammer wrote:
Re number of beams on plats

0 sensor
2 supply
4-8 weapon.

Reson - Supplys have resorces, a commodity, which should be protected. 2 beams covers the attack of an oppourtunistic little bomber, but anything medium or above determined to destroy it still wont have a problem.

The problem isn't defending the plat itself. It's about stations spamming them for PD and reps.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-08-13 22:31   
insted of nerfing plats, why not further lower the amount you can have in the server. making the plats used more stragticly insted of cheap and disposeable PD.

Email Borgie
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-08-14 01:36   
Only real way to keep them from being used as cheap and disposable PD is to either make them expensive to build or take a long time to build... or both.

Kingrammer
Vice Admiral
Vanguard

Posted: 2012-08-14 10:02   
Using the tools and units you can build creativley shouldn't be held back,. it's practicaly sensible for a sup plat to protect itself.

But if the beams are restricted then it will take an awful lot longer for enough plats to be built for it to be spamming. Plus it will be alot less time / cost effective.

By then, you should have shot them! if your back is turned, well there you go. Thats millitary tactics for you!

In the real world if a substandard kit is being used for an alternative job, then a new tools are designed. Make a plat that spams and pd's - but make it relativley appropriate in terms of cost and time.

Kingrammer
Vice Admiral
Vanguard

Posted: 2012-08-14 10:08   
Henry700's idea of 2 suply plats isnt bad.

We have a plat in the game that is being used for two strategic applications and because it's only designed to do one of them it's not right.

A Deep spae supply plat that just refuels you, minimal defense, and cannot be placed xxxx gu of a planet.

the advantage being that is uses less res / time / both to resupply and repair you.

The combat version, Only reloads, has suitible amount of PD and can be built near planets. This one might not repair, or do it much slower.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-08-14 10:18   
for an immediate improvement i'd say the idea to increase time for building platforms is best.

double or triple the current times should be sufficient.

then other things like reducing the max platform limit and improving slash tweaking platforms and their costs should be thought upon later when there is time for it.

example,
sensor platform - 2 min 30 second build time
weapon platform - 3 min 30 sec build time
supply platform - 5-6 min build time

should reduce platform spam in MV, where command stats and colony stats build them in combat, and in scenario, where 1 noob will be forced to spend atleast 1 hour spamming platforms against the current minimum of 30 minutes.

[ This Message was edited by: Raje on 2012-08-14 10:19 ]

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-14 10:48   
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 19:43, Fatal Brutality wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 19:22, henry700 wrote:
Quote:

OP

how in anyway is that OP?

Supply aura on a supply plat? would be ok but its too long ranged and that aura should be more exclusive to stations.

Also it wasnt my idea

Kingrammer
Vice Admiral
Vanguard

Posted: 2012-08-14 11:04   
Re Raje's comments - yea this is good, it will encourage you to work with more than one engi / stat to pull off the effect, and cut down on casual plat builds.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-08-14 16:02   
Quote:

On 2012-08-13 22:31, Borgie wrote:
insted of nerfing plats, why not further lower the amount you can have in the server. making the plats used more stragticly insted of cheap and disposeable PD.

All that would do is make them even more worthless after some newbie builds a bunch in one cluster in deep space where you can't tractor them into a planet to make room for more elsewhere.

Increasing the build time on plats isn't the way to go either. The simplest solution is still the best, remove the beams from supply plats and add a couple more to weapon plats and there you go.

Real world supply/repair depots don't come with defenses, they rely on the troops they service to protect them.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-14 18:39   
I just wanted to note that I'm closely following this discussion. As I mentioned before, platforms are also something I'm interested in; I have some plans, but I can't say when or if they get in. Player feedback and ideas are of course welcome.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2012-08-14 18:40 ]

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-14 20:46   
Any nerfing of plats outside of maybe limiting the # per system at one time and DS won't see another dime in cash from me.
Thats just how I feel about it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027010 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR