Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Supply plats
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Supply plats
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-17 11:09   
Quote:

On 2012-07-17 11:02, Talien wrote:

Wasn't something similar said about torpedoes with tracking? Yet look where we are now with the ion torp.

I've never heard of that before. The way projectiles track is vastly different to how tractors change the position of objects...it's kind of comparing apples to giant enemy crabs here, their two completely different things.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-17 12:22   
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 17:30, Bardiche wrote:
How many Point Defence Beams would you propose the Platforms have? 0 is a very possible answer and if you think it is reasonable, just submit it.

Re-quoting this because only Talien and Azreal gave an answer to this, and I consider it to actually be valuable feedback considering people are asserting the Point Defence is a problem.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-17 14:54   
Quote:
On 2012-07-17 10:45, Fattierob wrote:
If my memory serves me correct, tractors were disabled for player ships because it was causing sync issues. As a player, I miss them too (tractor scouts were immensely fun) but unless whatever issues they had get fixed I highly doubt they'll ever be re-enabled for targeting player ships.

I had wondered why I couldn't tractor anything while I was in Engineer. Now it's revealed.
Can we compensate the disable tractor beam for a build drone?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-07-18 00:30 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-17 16:14   
Quote:

On 2012-07-17 14:54, chlorophyll wrote:
I had wondered why I couldn't tractor anything while I was in Engineer. Now it's revealed.
Can we compensate the disable tractor beam for a build drone, Jim?

I guess I was being ambigious, you can't tractor _player ships_ with the tractor beam. you can still tractor asteroids and platforms, as far as I remember.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-17 16:20   
Quote:

On 2012-07-17 12:22, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 17:30, Bardiche wrote:
How many Point Defence Beams would you propose the Platforms have? 0 is a very possible answer and if you think it is reasonable, just submit it.

Re-quoting this because only Talien and Azreal gave an answer to this, and I consider it to actually be valuable feedback considering people are asserting the Point Defence is a problem.

I already submitted an idea.
0 on supply/sensor, 2 on weapon.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-17 18:16   
Platforms are already nearly useless and now you want to nerf them more because you want to fire missles.

Plats need to be fixed and beefed up so they are useful tools. Weapons plats barely remember to fire and don't do anything before they are killed.

Sensor plats are the most useful because they can be used for PD and you can make them for cheap.

Sup plats sometimes don't even sup properly.

Platforms have been broken for awhile now but anytime I have suggested that I was shot down.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-17 20:43   
Yeah plats need to be fixed, but this is another issue entirely. If all plats can PD then what's the point in weapon plats? As you pointed out they're already mostly useless because half the time they don't fire. Supply plats are infinitely better because they PD, and can repair players, eachother, and themselves. Sensor plats are useless currently because their range is too small, increase their range and they won't need PD beams to make them useful.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-20 17:16   
Personally (and I don't speak for the team), I think it wouldn't make much sense to make Platforms without any Point Defence. I'd much rather give them 1 at least.

How would you "fix" other Platforms? I know this is Supply, but I'd be rather interested in your thoughts, considering Platforms are one of those things I find major interesting.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-20 18:15   
Sensor plats need longer range, maybe 1k. Weapon plats need a better setup, I'd suggest dropping the core and giving them a few heavy cannons instead.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-20 20:02   
Supply Plats would definitely be a lot more useful if commands were enabled for them again, so you can direct them to repair specific targets.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-21 05:02   
why dont we give them a (reduced) sup-aura like the ones from stations

it always anoyed me, that the first ship get all the avaible repairs, even though a more damaged ship jumps in, and have ri wait, until the first leave or is fully healed

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-21 07:54   
Quote:

On 2012-07-21 05:02, NoBoDx wrote:

it always anoyed me, that the first ship get all the avaible repairs, even though a more damaged ship jumps in, and have ri wait, until the first leave or is fully healed

That'd have the disadvantage of slowing down repair speed for a single ship: After all, sup auras don't overlap, and you can't stack as many repair drones on a single ship.

Not saying I don't like the idea of it (personally, I do!), but it'd introduce the disadvantage of no longer being able to spam Platforms to get into a fight faster.

Which makes me want to ask: Which Platforms do you build and with what intent?
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2012-07-21 18:51 ]

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-13 13:35   
Quote:

On 2012-07-17 18:16, -Daedalus- wrote:
Platforms are already nearly useless and now you want to nerf them more because you want to fire missles.

Plats need to be fixed and beefed up so they are useful tools. Weapons plats barely remember to fire and don't do anything before they are killed.

Sensor plats are the most useful because they can be used for PD and you can make them for cheap.

Sup plats sometimes don't even sup properly.

Platforms have been broken for awhile now but anytime I have suggested that I was shot down.

For the first time i have to agree with you.

I was defending Twilight last night and the platforms were more PD than anything else. The weapon platforms didn't even fire and there was one that had no orders, not even orders lige Defend UGTO Weapon Platform X, Y or whatever.

The supply plats supplied and helped alot, but the weapon plats were totally useless... There was a destroyer and a station in range and they did not fire...

i think 1 laser per sup plat, 0 per radar plat and 3 for weapon plat is good.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-08-13 18:02   
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 07:54, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-21 05:02, NoBoDx wrote:

That'd have the disadvantage of slowing down repair speed for a single ship: After all, sup auras don't overlap, and you can't stack as many repair drones on a single ship.

Not saying I don't like the idea of it (personally, I do!), but it'd introduce the disadvantage of no longer being able to spam Platforms to get into a fight faster.

Slowing down the repair speed of a single is a small cons.
Reparing multiple ships at once with a sole sup plat is a big pros.
I don't see the why we should not spam sup plat in game with sup aura. You can't back to the fight alone. You may go with comrade. And thus sup aura fits the task.
It has advantage that since aur doesn't overlap, simply build sup around the cluster, which guaranteeing the secure of their existence.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-08-13 18:25   
Why not making 2 kinds of supply plats? One aura that doesn't stack and has PD, (the combat supply) and the one we have now, but without any PD.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022708 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR