Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Supply plats
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Supply plats
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-16 08:39   
I think the beams on supply/sensor plats should be removed, as placing them within a station's HP ring allows them to PD <16 missiles at once, plus repair the stat(for example, 1 UGTO SS camping Grace with around 4-6 sup plats held off 2 ICC SS and a LS for around an hour without going below 50% armor).

(I know this should go in suggestions, but I wanted to see what everyone thought before I suggested it)
[ This Message was edited by: Persistance on 2012-07-16 08:39 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-16 10:45   
EDIT: Panth says he moved it here, ignore this.
[ This Message was edited by: Bardiche on 2012-07-16 10:52 ]

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-07-16 15:01   
im dreaming up a super weapon gadget, that replaces with all core weapons and makes the carrier ship 50% slower, 75% slower turn rate and 60% slower accelaraeioution... makes massive amount of damage, and has only straight firing arc...i mean. no arc. only straight foreward.
it would be useless to smaller faster vessels but good for taking out stationary and slow targets, like stats, plats and lousy dread pilots. something like that laser beam in homeworld 2...the sajuuk kannon!

that would make pesky supply plats stop pd the poor missiles. or maybe a good strategy or moderatly hurtin all plats + observation to see wich are being repaired and wich not, focusin on those not being repaired, and keeping the one that is being repaird under fire from time to time, so drones stick to it. you know, player cant order plats who to repair...at least they never listen to me.

pesky plats...i feel ya..i usualy focus on plats then, but enemy then bugs out when they're gone

ps> oh inside the hp ring...hmmm...sd on top of it?

[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark on 2012-07-16 15:02 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-16 16:09   
supply-plats ? grab an extractor, replace mining beams with tractor beams, and ram the planet with them ( most of the players tend to place platforms way too close to planets)

btw, nothing says "screw you and your stupid platforms" better than killing 3-4 of them with a tiny little non combat ship
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2012-07-16 16:11 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-16 16:11   
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 16:09, NoBoDx wrote:
supply-plats ? grab an extractor, replace mining beams with tractor beams, and ram the planet with them ( most of the players tend to place platforms way too close to planets)

While there's a enemy stat below them? Pffft.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-16 16:15   
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 16:11, Persistance wrote:
Quote:

while hes distracted from those 3 stations ? i'd guess he have more important things to do than attacking that tiny little ship ( which can also easily dodge most if his dangerous weapons)
+ afaik extractors dont cost ressources, and so you shouldnt loose any pres for dying

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-16 17:30   
How many Point Defence Beams would you propose the Platforms have? 0 is a very possible answer and if you think it is reasonable, just submit it.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-16 19:08   
0 beams on Supply and Sensor plats. Thinking about it, why do they even have them to begin with? If you want PD, build weapon plats.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-07-16 21:59   
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 16:15, NoBoDx wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 16:11, Persistance wrote:
Quote:

while hes distracted from those 3 stations ? i'd guess he have more important things to do than attacking that tiny little ship ( which can also easily dodge most if his dangerous weapons)
+ afaik extractors dont cost ressources, and so you shouldnt loose any pres for dying

Most stats assume that the extractor is out to capture them.

Chewy Squirrel
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-16 22:37   
I feel like part of the problem is that the amount of missiles was significantly reduced on all ships, while PD capabilities remained mostly unchanged. So you can no longer as easily overwhelm PD with a massive amount of missiles, which makes missiles significantly less useful except for the luth's absolutely terrible cloaked missiles.

Also you can easily take out all those plats with a station kamikaze run

Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle]
Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-17 00:06   
see, i tend to say , u shoulnt be able to tractor enmy plats, exactly the same way u cant tractor enmy ships.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-07-17 04:36   
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 21:59, Persistance wrote:
Most stats assume that the extractor is out to capture them.

most stats assume that extractors cant be anything besides ai.

as for plats, i think its more about the ability to repair a single target when its being repaired by other platforms, than about their ability to PD missiles.

use heavy missile spam (24-40 missiles launched together)
use fighters instead they give stable damage.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-17 09:27   
chances are, the depot was doing more repair than the plats.

As it is, weapon plats are horrible, and not worth the effort. Sup plats actually take a long time to repair, unless backed up by a depot. At least it does with ugto hull. Also, if there is more than one target taking damage, than the repair rates are cut by a lot, because depots spread the heal out, and plats only repair one target at a time. As for the luth stat, it has a heal and a damage control or whatever its called, adding to an even higher repair rate.

Take ALL of this into account.

As for pd on sensor plats, I like them there. They belong there. They are useful with them, and not without them. The signature increase is not enough to make them viable by themselves if they only sent a eccm pulse. However, adding pd to them, allows them to not only defend a planet from ai drops, but also DEFEND THEMSELVES from long range missle attacks. No engineer or RD tech would design them to be unable to defend themselves, if in a minimal way.

As for tractors, its absolutely stupid for them to not be able to push and pull an enemy. Stations now have to allow a ship to sit on them, whereas before you could shift+t them off of you, or at least keep them from just sitting there.

Funny, it was an admin that caused so much outrage over the tractor beams, by tractoring stats with a scout.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-17 10:45   
Quote:

On 2012-07-17 09:27, Azreal wrote:

As for tractors, its absolutely stupid for them to not be able to push and pull an enemy. Stations now have to allow a ship to sit on them, whereas before you could shift+t them off of you, or at least keep them from just sitting there.

If my memory serves me correct, tractors were disabled for player ships because it was causing sync issues. As a player, I miss them too (tractor scouts were immensely fun) but unless whatever issues they had get fixed I highly doubt they'll ever be re-enabled for targeting player ships.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-17 11:02   
Quote:

On 2012-07-17 09:27, Azreal wrote:
As for pd on sensor plats, I like them there. They belong there. They are useful with them, and not without them. The signature increase is not enough to make them viable by themselves if they only sent a eccm pulse. However, adding pd to them, allows them to not only defend a planet from ai drops, but also DEFEND THEMSELVES from long range missle attacks. No engineer or RD tech would design them to be unable to defend themselves, if in a minimal way.

That's why you build weapon plats to cover them, a couple sensor plats with some weapon plats around them would have plenty of PD. And yes, weapon plats do need some improvement so they don't suck as bad as they do currently.

Quote:

On 2012-07-17 10:45, Fattierob wrote:
If my memory serves me correct, tractors were disabled for player ships because it was causing sync issues. As a player, I miss them too (tractor scouts were immensely fun) but unless whatever issues they had get fixed I highly doubt they'll ever be re-enabled for targeting player ships.

Wasn't something similar said about torpedoes with tracking? Yet look where we are now with the ion torp.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021165 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR