Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Need feedback on missile tracking in beta
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Need feedback on missile tracking in beta
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-07-16 10:45   
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 10:20, Persistance wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-07-16 09:07, Pantheon wrote:
AI spawners have been disabled - probably because beta isn't run on as powerful hardware as Hydra and Ogre.

Ummm...then how are we supposed to beta test? Usually nobody really wants to come to beta(other than rare occasions).

I've never had an issue getting people to test things out with me. Regardless, the AI won't be enabled unless Faustus switches it back on, and he was the one who turned it off (and he wouldn't do so unless it was for a good reason).

Back to the topic please.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-18 00:38   
I can't tell precisely because I have set all the graphics to the lowest, but based on the result - by looking at the % of armor - I can say the missles are more intelligent and their hitting precision has been improved a lot.

Using Ganglia and launch missles at ICC destroyer & cruiser, I notice that when the objects are coming towards you, the missles may miss. But when the objects are flying surround you, they may hit.

I know the closer the target is, the higher chance the missle will miss. This time I can be quite sure that a cruiser closer than 350gu can dodge the missle and a destroyer can do so within 450gu. Once the missle miss at the first run, they turn back and will miss again. The hitting chance depends on length of the traveling path I guess.

As aforementioned, I set graphics to the lowest so I don't really see the whole things. But the result is quite good and I'm happy with it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.006846 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR