Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » eccm vs cloak
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author eccm vs cloak
Gekko-Go
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-07-01 22:48   
i can understand why ugto can nolonger 'ping' cloaked luth, but i do have one issue.
i am sitting orbiting a planet that has a sensor base. i am sitting next to a sensor platform i have built, and my command dreadnaught has all three eccm running.

a luth transport then appears directly on top of my ship, drops infanty, and then flies (or jumps) away.

i have had this happen multiple times, and it is frustrating because the privateer badge is the hardest to get, yet this seems to give the luth an extreme advantage in obtaining it. i'm not even sure if there is a gap where pd can destroy the transports, a problem the other two factions have to accomidate.
[ This Message was edited by: Gekko-Go on 2012-07-08 20:06 ]

DS is not dead

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-02 04:03   
best way is not to orbit a planet while seeming afk. just fly around and shoot stuff.

If u orbit a planet and can watch a tranny jump in dictor, cloak, u wait till it uncloaks on top of u...well i dont know what to say. I can say its not the luth fault cappin is easy....

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-02 04:28   
also if your sat at a friendly planet why not load inf until it kills the ones dropped on you and yes trust me ECCM stack does affect cloak quite harshly often i have o slow to 7gu or below near a planet with a few ai/dreads so i dont drain energy to badly

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-07-02 05:16   
Quote:

On 2012-07-01 22:48, Gekko-Go wrote:
i can understand why ugto can nolonger 'ping' cloaked luth, but i do have one issue.
i am sitting orbiting a planet that has a sensor base. i am sitting next to a sensor platform i have built, and my command dreadnaught has all three eccm running.

a luth transport then appears directly on top of my ship, drops infanty, and then flies (or jumps) away.

i have had this happen multiple times, and it is frustrating because the privateer badge is the hardest to get, yet this seems to give the luth an extreme advantage in obtaining it. i'm not even sure if there is a gap where pd can destroy the transports, a problem the other two factions have to accomidate.

Different story if it were a dictored planet.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-07-02 10:06   
blasphemy!!

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-02 10:09   
He is not talking about being capped, he is saying that even with 1 sensor base, 1 sensor platform, and 3 ECCM, it didn't seem to affect the luth cloak at all.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-02 10:10   
ECCM and Sensor Bases only increase energy consumption for the Cloaking Device.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-02 11:28   
I'd like to know how much every ECCM changes the energy consuption of the cloak, if its possible to have any numbers.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-02 12:17   
there has been extensive testing and reports when patch first came out, some thread somewhere

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-02 13:50   
Quote:

On 2012-07-02 10:10, Bardiche wrote:
ECCM and Sensor Bases only increase energy consumption for the Cloaking Device.

Yep and they do stack harshly but remeber that normal ecm only has a range of 400 gus so a luth is ONLY AFFECTED when they get close not on there approach mostly i run a slo 5-7 gu when i ghet within 400-500gy of a still target so i dont drain energy

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-02 16:08   
Quote:

On 2012-07-02 11:28, Fleet Admiral Maxwell House wrote:
I'd like to know how much every ECCM changes the energy consuption of the cloak, if its possible to have any numbers.

Sure. First, let's understand how cloak works. Cloak works by taking the current signature of the ship and finding out whatever number would set that signature to zero. So if you have 10 signature, that number is (obviously) -10. So the calculations look like this:

Energy cost = Hull Modifier * (5 + (5 * level) + (.5 * signature))

This energy cost is multiplied by .75 if you are out of combat.

The hull modifiers and gadget levels are are

Scout: .78 ; 2
Frigate: 1.0 ; 3
Destroyer: 1.0 ; 4
Cruiser: 1.1 ; 5
Dread: 1.2 ; 6
Assault Dread: 1.3 ; 7
Station: 1.5 ; 10

So, let's do some math. I'm in a dreadnought that is not out of combat and I have a signature of 15. My calculations are

1.2 * ((5 + (5 * 6) + (.5 * 15)) = 51 thousandth energy used per tic

This means that every second I am using (20 * 51) / 1000 = 1.02 energy to sustain my cloak.

ECM/ECCM just subtracts/adds signature which in effect increases their energy drain

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-02 16:23   
[quote]
On 2012-07-02 16:08, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

ECM/ECCM just subtracts/adds signature which in effect increases their energy drain

Any news on a fix for when using a ECM on the ship your in while cloaked makes you visable :/

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-02 16:48   
Quote:

On 2012-07-02 16:23, -RogueAvenger- wrote:

Any news on a fix for when using a ECM on the ship your in while cloaked makes you visable :/

I don't see this bug in mantis, so it probably wasn't reported. Send in a support ticket with as much details as you can to how to reproduce the bug and it'll get into the system and fixed eventually

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-02 18:56   
Quote:

On 2012-07-02 16:08, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-07-02 11:28, Fleet Admiral Maxwell House wrote:

Sure. First, let's understand how cloak works. Cloak works by taking the current signature of the ship and finding out whatever number would set that signature to zero. So if you have 10 signature, that number is (obviously) -10. So the calculations look like this:

Energy cost = Hull Modifier * (5 + (5 * level) + (.5 * signature))

This energy cost is multiplied by .75 if you are out of combat.

The hull modifiers and gadget levels are are

Scout: .78 ; 2
Frigate: 1.0 ; 3
Destroyer: 1.0 ; 4
Cruiser: 1.1 ; 5
Dread: 1.2 ; 6
Assault Dread: 1.3 ; 7
Station: 1.5 ; 10

So, let's do some math. I'm in a dreadnought that is not out of combat and I have a signature of 15. My calculations are

1.2 * ((5 + (5 * 6) + (.5 * 15)) = 51 thousandth energy used per tic

This means that every second I am using (20 * 51) / 1000 = 1.02 energy to sustain my cloak.

Hmm. Interesing And by how much does eveery ECCM adds sign? I wasn't able to find the information...

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-02 19:06   
Quote:

On 2012-07-02 18:56, Fleet Admiral Maxwell House wrote:

Hmm. Interesing And by how much does eveery ECCM adds sign? I wasn't able to find the information...

It depends how close you are to the ship with the eccm. The closer you get the higher the signal strength?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027456 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR