Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Scenario server balance issue
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Scenario server balance issue
Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-29 14:53   
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 19:43, NoBoDx wrote:
setting up a shipyard able to spawn stations takes 30-60 minutes of undisturbed build-time ... not including the resources.
with ai-engies around you can usually build 2 planets at the same time... one for sy, one as a pure minijg or inf-planet

Quote:

On 2012-06-28 20:09, Talien wrote:
There's a few people who have gotten it down to a science and can have a SY along with 2-3 mining planets up and running around the same time, provided it's a small cluster and the planets are nearby eachother. It's entirely possible to win a scenerio match with 1 person vs. 2 or 3 others as long as the other team are either inexperienced or pointedly avoid ganking them while they try to build.

I myself am one such person who has used this method, although i cannot build the mining planets that quickly, it is entirely possible to do so. Espically in larger maps if they don't stop you victory can be assured by simply building to a form of building singlarity, the point at which you can produce enough res to give a team ships to fly with that if played to the best of your ability it should be impossible to lose

Also to the OP, the Scen is balanced by rank already. I've seen many examples of it and often find myself alone, i build as i do eventually sitting lonely in a station with lazer fighters to fight off the horde of newbies that insist on fighting a huge station.

Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-29 17:01   
i stand by the decision of the assasin ai because normal ai just dont cut it once enemies have an sy and one team doesnt. Plus ai should b able to upgrade buidings. Sure maybe it is balanced in the server but when ppl start leaving one team ai should replace them to keep the teams evened out otherwise one team is more powerful than the other.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-29 17:55   
If there's a suggestion you'd like to make, the left-hand menu has a "Suggestions" link right above the Development Log.

As others have said the Scenario Server is balanced by Rank already.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-29 18:50   
I think the most glaring flaw in this plan is that using AI to balance ANYTHING is an exercise in futility, at best.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.023704 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR