Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Scenario server balance issue
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Scenario server balance issue
Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 00:09   
Since there is no rank limit on scenario server i suggest it be balanced not by numbers but by ranks for example if a GA enters the scenario server it would take 12-13 ensigns to balance it out since he can fly a station and all they got are frigates. This is so the scenario server will be harder for ppl with high ranks than with ppl with low ranks bringing better balance to the server. Alternatively we can use a system where a person can only fly a ship as larger as the person that has the second highest rank making things more fair for lower lvl players. The rank system will only count towards the most powerful ship some1 can fly for example if a person who can fly stations (ICC) and some1 whos largest ship flyable is a dread (UGTO) then ICC will be unelectable until the station can be beat by ppl on UGTO. An Example here as follows

ICC = 2 GAs + UGTO = 2 VAs = unbalanced
With this ranking system in place we will instead get this
ICC = 1 GA & 1VA + UGTO = 1GA & 1VA = balanced.
Therefore this will prevent one team from effectively being unbeatable by the other team by rank balancing.

Another example to balance the server is to produce a ai with equal rank to the 2GAs to immediately balance the server out and once the GAs log out the ai will be removed from the game as well. These balancing ai will actively target the 2 GAs ignoring all other targets. The ais produced will match the GAs ships with a ship of equal size. Ais will always spawn out of the jumpgate regardless of the presence of an sy. These ai will be called Assasins as they will only appear when player is in a combat ship. This will make it so that the game will still pose a challenge to high ranking players while at the same time being fair to new players. Also ai that r not in a combat ship such as an engineering, transport, supply, or scout should be commandable in mv and scenario.
Assasin ai will only appear as an ally to teams that r under ranked and outmatched. Assasin ai will only appear to balance the total rank. This example explains how it will work;

ICC = 1 GA player & 1 VA player + UGTO = 1GA ai & 1 VA player OR
ICC = 1 GA player & 1 VA player + UGTO = 1GA player & 1 VA ai
in other cases where 1 ai cant balance the ranks this example handles that too.
ICC = 1GA player & 1 VA ai + UGTO = 1GA ai & 1VA player
[ This Message was edited by: Musashi Miyamoto on 2012-06-28 00:57 ]

CBR{DTB}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 00:28   
Omg! you made this because of our scen the other night! lol

Namra
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 00:30   
Nope. It's because he was talking smack in scenario and got killed relentlessly by myself in a cloaked cruiser.

Then he complained in /yell and this thread happened.

Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 00:35   
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 00:28, CBR*RO*of(KO) wrote:

No it was not cause of u. I had been planing on doing this for some time but didnt have the right motives for doing it now because of namra i do.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-28 00:46   
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 00:35, Musashi Miyamoto wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 00:28, CBR*RO*of(KO) wrote:

No it was not cause of u. I had been planing on doing this for some time but didnt have the right motives for doing it now because of namra i do.

correct me if im wrong here, but doesn't the server already rank balance?

Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 00:57   
Nope it isnt balanced BY RANKS just BY PLAYER COUNT.... If it was balanced by ranks in the manner i stated above incy1 a FA and Namra and admiral wouldnt be on the same team vs me a VA and orofwar also a VA
[ This Message was edited by: Musashi Miyamoto on 2012-06-28 01:04 ]

Namra
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 01:08   
Just to be clear - you talked trash and died to a cruiser.

Rank was not a factor.

Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 01:17   
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 01:08, Namra wrote:
Just to be clear - you talked trash and died to a cruiser.

Rank was not a factor.

I wasnt talking trash and i wasnt in a cruiser i was quietly building the sy which u kept denying me the privelege to build. U however were the only 1 in a cruiser ever since i got the rank to fly in a dread i havent flown a cruiser end of conversation. now if u dun mind quit posting offtopic comments on this thread.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-28 01:21   
Just to be clear this is a suggestion thread, So unless you have some thing constructive to say please dont say it. SInce i would rather not have this thread locked cause i like this idea

But before the AI part could be implimented properly the AI first has to be upgraded to be "smarter"

and a question, what if you get a situation like GA+FA VS GA+GA where it is close?

Email *FTL*Soulless
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-06-28 02:50   
Whenever I log into scen it pitts everybody against me, the last time i saw somebody join my team was when the other team had 3-4 people. To my understanding it works the exact way you're suggesting it to.

Musashi Miyamoto
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 03:00   
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 01:21, Soulless. wrote:
Just to be clear this is a suggestion thread, So unless you have some thing constructive to say please dont say it. SInce i would rather not have this thread locked cause i like this idea

But before the AI part could be implimented properly the AI first has to be upgraded to be "smarter"

and a question, what if you get a situation like GA+FA VS GA+GA where it is close?

Easy use the elite ai in mv and permenantly set them on orders to attack said player. and as for other question
ICC = 2 GA players & FA ai + UGTO = 1GA player & 1 GA ai & i Fa player

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 03:10   
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 00:09, Musashi Miyamoto wrote:
Since there is no rank limit on scenario server i suggest it be balanced not by numbers but by ranks for example if a GA enters the scenario server it would take 12-13 ensigns to balance it out since he can fly a station and all they got are frigates.

afaik there is a rank based limit in scen, dont ask me for the details, but when there are high-ranking players on a team, you cant join them, even if they have less players

balancing the way you suggested would. e a bad idea, because:
- on a new map, all players are forced to play small ships
- building a plantet take much time
- gathering resources to build a station even more

following your suggestion the vet player (GA) would have to build a planet alone while defending himself against 12-13 scouts
or those scouts could capture the entire map in no time, where the single GA have no chance to do anything

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-28 03:38   
Scen does indeed have rank balancing already in place.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-28 03:43   
Quote:

On 2012-06-28 00:09, Musashi Miyamoto wrote:

Since there is no rank limit on scenario server i suggest it be balanced not by numbers but by ranks for example if a GA enters the scenario server it would take 12-13 ensigns to balance it out since he can fly a station and all they got are frigates.

This is a BAD solution.

Because in scen, everybody starts out in trannies and frigs right at the beginning.

Whether you're a GA or an ensign, you're stuck in little ships until the SYs, tech, and resources are up.

That means that 12 ensigns are gonna murder that singular GA right at the get go because of your silly idea.

Next better player please!

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-28 03:45   

A better balancing mechanism would be to take the weightage of the ships in game, per faction, at any given time by their hull classes.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022121 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR