No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +18.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Using missiles on tiny ships
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Using missiles on tiny ships
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-24 11:51   
I believe Shroud is much better than Harpex at killing small ship. Shroud has negative signature and faster cooldown. I think Shroud flying speed is somehow faster than Harpex although the splash is a bit smaller.

Anyway, the best point of new missles lays in its huge splash - even bigger than PD range. Very lovely.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-06-24 12:05   
Having been one-shot-killed by a barrage of harpex missiles from a teammate, I can sympathise with this.

Due to a combination of DS physics and the servers not being supercomputers, it's doubtful that missiles will be the hit-anything weapon they would be in reality. As such, stop shooting them at scouts, damnit.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-06-24 17:19   
Awwww ya here the QQ? Yea um Most FF i do is cuz ppl get in my way while im shooting. STOP GETTING IN MY WAY!!!!! and my missles almost never hit anything i just fire them in the hope that they will and if i kill a teamate meh i dont care they where prob in my way any way only jk lol but really, small ships need to learn how to not get in front of capital ships so much. If i just fired a full barrage of something im not gonna det it if a small ship gets in the flight path of it. Im gonna let it hit them and hope they learn to not get in front of it, You small ship are more agile and can dodge better. IF you know how to fly a ship at all that it.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-24 18:38   
Quote:

On 2012-06-24 17:19, SupremeCommander~Ray[OU] wrote:
Awwww ya here the QQ? Yea um Most FF i do is cuz ppl get in my way while im shooting. STOP GETTING IN MY WAY!!!!! and my missles almost never hit anything i just fire them in the hope that they will and if i kill a teamate meh i dont care they where prob in my way any way only jk lol but really, small ships need to learn how to not get in front of capital ships so much. If i just fired a full barrage of something im not gonna det it if a small ship gets in the flight path of it. Im gonna let it hit them and hope they learn to not get in front of it, You small ship are more agile and can dodge better. IF you know how to fly a ship at all that it.

.....And this is exactly the kind of thinking that makes it possible for me to damage or destroy enemy ships by doing nothing but maneuvering them into a good (or bad, for them) position. So yes, please continue firing missiles at targets you have no hope of hitting.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-24 20:03   
You know what, when I'm in close combat, I don't have time to pay attention to your damn missiles.
I'm watching the enemy movements carefully, and trying to get on their tail, exploit weakened armor, and dodge fire.

I can't keep track of missiles being fired from 1500+ away.

Look, you have three things to do as a missile support:
-Press 3
-Press shift 3 when your missiles are about to miss.
-Press shift 3 if your missiles are about to strike or explode near an ally.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-24 20:04 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-06-24 20:28   
and yet, people used to do it all the time, especially with torpedoes.

skill.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-24 22:44   
Quote:

On 2012-06-24 20:03, Fluttershy wrote:
You know what, when I'm in close combat, I don't have time to pay attention to your damn missiles.
I'm watching the enemy movements carefully, and trying to get on their tail, exploit weakened armor, and dodge fire.

Y'know, with your kinda attitude or situational awareness, or maybe even lack of care for anything other than your single minded pursuit of your target, you'll be fair game for more than just your teammate's missiles.

You'll be hit by friendly cannon fire, torps or beams alike.

Like you, I'm probably aiming for the same fella and I don't have time to pay attention to you flying around blindly....

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-06-24 22:45 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-25 00:18   
I make a point of staying out of the way of other attackers, but when you have missiles being flung into a big furball, bad things will happen.

Would you prefer I and the other interceptors just jump out and leave you as fair game to close range attacks by the small ships?
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-25 00:19 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-25 01:49   
Quote:

On 2012-06-25 00:18, Fluttershy wrote:
I make a point of staying out of the way of other attackers, but when you have missiles being flung into a big furball, bad things will happen.

Would you prefer I and the other interceptors just jump out and leave you as fair game to close range attacks by the small ships?

since kenny is luth, and afaik rarely uses stations, he would be probalby in th total op ganglia capable of oneshotting every small ship trying to get into close range

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-25 02:03   
Quote:

On 2012-06-25 01:49, NoBoDx wrote:
Quote:

since kenny is luth, and afaik rarely uses stations, he would be probalby in th total op ganglia capable of oneshotting every small ship trying to get into close range

The Ganglia is no different from the other missile ships when it comes to hitting twisting and turning small ships. That is to say, you don't get to hit them often.

The only way a Ganglia can kill a small ship is if he fires off a salvo and that small ship is stationary or in orbit, and doesn't see anything coming.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-06-25 06:33   
i've killed dessies in gangila. probably due to bad dodgeing logic of opponent. still, rarely engage small targets if there is something bigger to shoot. psi missiles have splash damage? (*dreaming of the new ways of blowing ppl up*)

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-25 07:18   
Quote:

If the only other option is to hear your non-stop belly-aching, then, why, YES. Emphatically yes.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-25 08:37   
Always on about my "QQ" and not the problem at hand.

Clearly I'm not the only one who has seen this, and it's really frustrating when you have a teammate that allows the enemy to so easily lead their missiles into an allied ship.

It's kinda like in the movies where the hero will go head on into the enemy, and veer off at the last second so the missile fired by another guy kills them.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-25 09:38   
or how about the one where the guy in the front moves at the last second and the missles from his ally speed by him unexpectedly and smash the unprepared enemy?

Point is, it is a two way street. You can ATTEMPT to put all blame on the big stationary guy trying to help his team, instead of the fast, agile, apparently oblivious to the world small ship pilot. That is fine. I mean, all that agility doesnt amount to a hill of beans if the pilot has absolutely no situational awareness. Fact is, you really cant teach somebody to be situationally aware. It's an instinct. And of course, the first thing that that pilot will do is scream at you for having launched missles at a target 15 seconds previous, and not being able to tell that the small fast ship will move into their path like a moron.

I can see where you are coming from just fine. Its just that there ARE two sides, and you are on one, and I am on the other....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-25 15:12   
Nobody is 100% aware of what's going on around them at all times, it's simply a matter of do you care what's going on around you when you DO notice things? I'd think most people would get out of the way of incoming FF if they can, and most would manually det their missiles if they see that an ally has moved into their flight path if only to avoid adding to their own FF count. Of course, some just don't care if allies are in the way and will fire anyway as we saw from a certain post in this thread and unfortunately there's nothing preventing them from borderline griefing their own teammates.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024520 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR