Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Replace the Command Carrier
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Replace the Command Carrier
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-22 10:59   
Formal petition to have the Command Carrier put out of service and replaced by a more viable vessel for warfare. A Carrier is a nice idea, but ICC is no Fighter faction and it makes little sense to give them an extreme range Command Vessel, as it is not suitable to support Assault Dreadnoughts, Assault Cruisers, Heavy Cruisers, Strike Cruisers, Combat Dreadnoughts, Combat Destroyers, Assault Frigates or, indeed, any combat-worthy vessel save for the Missile ships, or else risk exposing itself to close-range where the destruction of its fighters is easier (given you can destroy them as they get launched).

Further, plans to introduce a weapon for UGTO to combat the Fighters makes it even less of a viable choice. The idea that ICC is "long ranged" or "defensive" is antiquated and in sore need of updating, as ICC do not have a long range advantage nor are they defensively superior to their UGTO brethren.

ICC's strengths lie in swift shield regeneration out of combat and the ability to sustain high speed combat due to superior energy reserves (although I understand this is to be nerfed?). It is my sincere belief that ICC is best suited to raids and skirmishes, as protracted engagement is more in favour of UGTO and K'Luth, the former which can more easily replenish its defences and has infinite cannon ammo, and the latter which can also more easily replenish its defences in combat and does not require ammo at all, permitting protracted engagements.

ICC has limited ammo and shields which repair faster while out of combat, while there exists no method to energise shields for prolonged combat.

Thus. In light of thus, I'd like to once more state that the Command Carrier is obsolete and does not serve a purpose in the ICC armada due to a strong clash with ICC strategy, and would request its replacement by a vessel more tailored to hit-and-run strategy that is beneficial to ICC.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-22 11:21   
Get rid of the CC and replace it with a command ship having a layout similar to the Border Cruiser. Problem solved.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-22 11:28   
HOW they fill in the request is up to the developers, imo. I've outlined what I think is a better choice of a Command vessel and why the current one does not meet criteria for a useful Command vessel considering the majority of ships deployed and how the other two factions have Command vessels adequately capable of supporting the mainstay of their fleets.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-22 11:29   
+1 to the idea to redo the the ICC Command Carrier its the most lacking of the command ships by far

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-22 11:44   
I disagree with the idea of the CC being tailored to a hit-and-run style on the basis that command ships should, in theory, be almost mobile bases or scaled-down stations.

But yes, I'm definitely all for giving it a loadout that allows it to defend itself a bit better. I think if all command dreads could fight a cruiser on roughly equal terms then that would be ideal.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-22 11:58   
Agreed.
I had an idea for a layout in mind, I'll post it when I've thought it out more.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2012-06-22 12:19   
But I like having something I can use to Guppybomb, capture, and then rebuild with.

Okay, okay.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-22 12:37   
Quote:

On 2012-06-22 12:19, Sardaukar wrote:
But I like having something I can use to Guppybomb, capture, and then rebuild with.

The Command Stations all have the same setup, so have you considered one of those for your silly ideas?

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-22 13:55   
+1 to the retirement of the CC. its just not really feasible to field anymore as others have said.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-22 14:18   
Could you give it 8 Tier 2 missiles with the remainder of points utilizing heavy gauss cannons?

8 missiles might be too much, but some sort of cannon/missile hybrid, since the other command ships have a hybrid combat role.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-22 14:21 ]

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-22 14:48   
I do hope this is on the extremely long list the dev's have no-one likes/uses the CC. its a useless ship seeing as u have to stay out far. farther than sensor range and by that typically u cant see enemy ships and thus u cant launch fighters. its useless if people say O its a Command Dred its supposed to stay back and command your argument is nulled by another CMD that is AWESOME... I wouldnt mind the CC being a lengthy ship maybe some missiles/gauss/PD lasers/and some Mines if u most get away from a Knife fight situation

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-22 22:40   

Merging the MD n CC functions could be a start.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-22 23:09   
I suggested something to that effect but apparently I'm an idiot that QQs, and 410+ hours of play time is appearently meaningless, so you would be better off arguing the point.

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-22 23:29   
I think some people need to read the dev log from time to time...

Something something Command Auras something something maybe.

And in Alpha.

Command Auras.

Now close the thread already.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-22 23:42   
Quote:

On 2012-06-22 23:29, Fleet Admiral Maxwell House wrote:
I think some people need to read the dev log from time to time...

Something something Command Auras something something maybe.

And in Alpha.

Command Auras.

Now close the thread already.

What's the point of such a device if the ship that has it it can't defend itself? In the end the CC isn't used because of its lack of armament and I doubt auras would do much to change that.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029037 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR