Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Planet Siege missles
 Author Planet Siege missles
JakV
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-18 10:52   
Hey guys, I love this game, and have played for a little while, but I noticed that the planet seige missles are a little bit bugged. I'm out at about 750 and am trying to bomb a building on a planet, but the rediculous firing arc on them makes it so that I can't hit anything on the bottom row of the planet. Is that just me or are others having that issue?

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-18 16:22   
I pointed this out before myself. The only way I could get them to work was to be off the axis from it and that way I could fire it out and allow it time to arc back and down, if that makes any sense.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-18 20:20   
I've never really seen siege missiles work well.

All the siege dreads I've seen just re-equip with bombs and get in close.

Seems kinda silly, I would rather sit back outside of an interdictor next to a support station while bombarding a planet at a safe range.

JakV
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-18 21:12   
Okay, now that I know it's not just me, I have an idea on how to fix this problem. When firing the siege missile at something on the bottom half of the planet, simply make the siege missile reverse it's arc and viola, problem solved... I hope...

Dakili
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-18 23:19   
I used to bomb with PSM before, now they seem even more bugged. You have to fire them from kinda far though. The issue with PSM (other stuff too) as been known for a long time but they might fix it someday.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-19 03:28   
I miss when bombing required a bit more intelligence ='{

Trying to get past the PD and finding the weak spot of the planet was nice.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-19 06:29   
PSMs are actually my preferred choice of bombing when playing human factions. Their range and speed is incredibly superior to normal bombs, and it's fairly effective against pretty much everything except population.

Just wish Bio bombs didn't suck so much.

-Ent

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-19 11:11   
We currently have Two systems for bombing.
Regular bombs are for orbital bombardments, fly your ship inside the planets defense/capture zone and attack those structures with point accuracy.
Planetary Siege Missiles, like the name are made to SIEGE the planet from a distance. With 1250gu range. this means you can stay outside the defense field of 750. and besiege the planet with large blast bombs.

ok Reality check;
The regular bombs work like intended and work as you guys are using them.
But the PSM, what is the major flaw on them? I guess you guys are complaining about the firing arcs and long track time.
I can look at this if they need changing to them, but currently i am working on other tasks. But i or other developers will check on them in the future.
At the moment the 'idea' of the two systems is in..

To have kept you informed.
E.

JakV
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-20 13:22   
Thanks Mass, my complaint isn't about the tracking time, it's about the fact that I go out to almost as far as the seige missles will shoot, and they still won't hit on target, when that target is on the bottom of the planet.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-20 15:00   
I think what they mean is since missiles fire in an upwards arc and the turn rate for PSM is rather bad if you're targeting something on one of the bottom rings on a larger planet most often PSM will hit the planet before getting to the elevation of the target. Many times you end up hitting near the middle of the planet because the planet's curvature is greater than the turn rate of a PSM.

Simple solution would be either increase the turn rate for PSM or have them fire straight ahead with no arc. You don't have to worry about FF since they do almost no damage to ships and if you're bombing a planet that's in the process of being captured everyone should be getting out of your way anyway.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2012-06-23 09:06   
I'll take cloud bombing over psms any day.I KNOW they will hit what Im aiming for.and yes, you can still do it,just not as many.But they do the job.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Page created in 0.032077 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR